St Mirren game - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

St Mirren game

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d hoped for an improvement after half time, but didn’t quite expect to improve just quite as much (not that we’re suddenly amazing or anything, but a marked improvement)

1 minute ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

I’d hoped for an improvement after half time, but didn’t quite expect to improve just quite as much (not that we’re suddenly amazing or anything, but a marked improvement)

FFS, how mealy mouthed can I make “we’re playing better”?

Better!

Yeah, that was a significantly improvement. Shame we waited until half time to wake up but a 1-1 draw against the murn, who are a division above us, you can't complain too much. Good spirit from the team once again to come from behind and put the fear of God into the opposition towards the end there.

I can see us winning on penalties no problem.

EOho8Pw.png

Oh well. Not too dispondent considering my rage at half time, but we need to start finding consistency in our performances. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Just now, port-ton said:

Oh well. Not too dispondent considering my rage at half time, but we need to start finding consistency in our performances. 

For me, it’s just utter shite from Hopkin. Yes we were a lot better in the 2nd half. But the first half is what killed us and a reluctance to make any attacking changes until the 70th minute. We would’ve won that had our best players been on the pitch. 100%. St Mirren are looking good for relegation this year. Although we might be as well if we have any more performances like Saturday. 

Missing penalties happens, but if you're going to be the kind of smart arse who takes a short run up you need to know you're good enough to place it right in the corner because you unavoidably telegraph where it's going by only taking two or three steps. A pathetically easy save to lose it in sudden death.

If we hadn't started with what's close to our worst XI possible on the pitch we'd have won that. With some of our best players in the natural positions in the second half we were in total control.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

10 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Annoying. I think that’s us pretty much out as well? 

image.png

If we SWORD Thistle we move onto 7, but below QoS on goals scored. So we need to win by two goals (or a 4-3, 5-4, 6-5 etc. win would also suffice to go above them on goals scored.) That's unlikely to put us in the four best runners-up, but it's not mathematically impossible.

edit: disregard, shan table

EOho8Pw.png

Without being abusive to any particular players it's pretty clear who needs to not be playing any more if we can avoid it. The subs made us 10 times more competitive.

Just now, TRVMP said:

image.png

If we SWORD Thistle we move onto 7, but below QoS on goals scored. So we need to win by two goals (or a 4-3, 5-4, 6-5 etc. win would also suffice to go above them on goals scored.) 

We're on 5 points.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Credit where it's due, I expected that team to get slaughtered but the defensive work was pretty solid. Yes they could have had another goa in the first half and it wasn't entirely solid - playing a back five with little playing time together makes your defensive line ropey as fuck - but they hung on in and eventually dragged the burners down to our level. Then we swapped jobbers for ballers and so moved up to a higher level than them for most of the second half. Strapp was very good but Fjortoft was MOTM for me, an excellent performance throughout the first half as well as the interception that they were gurning for a passback from in stoppage time. 

More: Fjortoft/McLean only at CB; Ledger on the right; Jacobs; McPake; even MacIver I'd like to see more of

Less: Blues, Muirhead and to a lesser extent Omar and Salkeld.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived