St Mirren game - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

St Mirren game

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Scott said:

Jacobs and Colville in the midfield would be fine for this. Fuck knows what Blues and Omar are supposed to be doing. Get that fud Muirhead off now. 

Football fans always think the grass is greener - like when some people wanted Jordan Rhodes for Scotland - but I genuinely, honestly don't understand why we're spurning Jacobs. Is he now just a second-choice right back? St. Mirren need a bit of physicality against them in midfield, and while I'm not saying that Jacobs is the white Thomas Partey, he'd offer so much more than what we have now.

And please, don't call in saying it's racist - it's not.

EOho8Pw.png

Couldn't tell which team was Morton at the beginning but they made it very fucking clear right away with that performance. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

25 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Probably, but I'm far from impressed by St. Mirren. No idea what their strategy beyond "get it out left" is.

Aye, they don't look anything special and we've just sat in and made it look like a training game for them. 

6 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Football fans always think the grass is greener - like when some people wanted Jordan Rhodes for Scotland - but I genuinely, honestly don't understand why we're spurning Jacobs. Is he now just a second-choice right back? St. Mirren need a bit of physicality against them in midfield, and while I'm not saying that Jacobs is the white Thomas Partey, he'd offer so much more than what we have now.

And please, don't call in saying it's racist - it's not.

Thomas Partey was man of the match in Arsenal’s recent victory over Manchester ‘Man U’ United. Another one of those, same time tomorrow!

Blues, Muirhead and Omar are all competition winners rather than professional footballers and should be punted. Fjortoft and McLean look like the least bad centre back partnership to me with Ledger on the right. This would mean McGinty being in the bench which is a bonus itself.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Can you imagine how apoplectic the morton fans would be if they were in the stadium? Would have been an absolute shame game for sure. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Yet another shitebag away performance from a Hopkin team. 

I was curious about our away record under him, so did some reading. Hopkin has managed 22 away games as Morton manager in all competitions, and of those, we've won 6, which included cup wins against Annan and Brora. Goal difference of minus 22.

Just in the league, our record is played 16, won 4, drawn 1, lost 11, with a goal difference of minus 18.

His away record is shambolic.

St Mirren are rotten and we've made it easy for them. Sitting deep only works if you're playing a really top team, otherwise you're just passively letting players that aren't very good take their time and eventually conjure something up. Pathetic team selection, approach and performance.

AWMSC

Unsure who's a bigger liability between Muirhead being invisible and Blues being present but doing the wrong thing literally every time he touches the ball.

The goal's a disaster, Omar picking up Obika is nonsense but McAdams continues to be terrified to leave his line. It had been coming though, Hopkin's turned up to keep the score down and hope we get away with a one or two goal defeat.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Blues has not progressed any further than his 'standing and pointing while Berwick got scudded out of the league' introduction to my attention. I don't care how earnest he might be as a person, this is a professional football club and not a social club team we're meant to be operating here and he is not good enough. 

Jacobs should be starting every week given our other options and Colville and Lyon should be getting a regular look in as well. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived