Match Thread - Raith vs Morton Championship 7th November 2020 - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Raith vs Morton Championship 7th November 2020

Admin

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect preparation for Wednesday....

FFS Morton. 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Salkeld receives the ball for the first time, hits it ten yards ahead of himself out for a throw. Gets it a second time, knocks it inside to an area which has no Morton players within 15 yards.

Sometimes he can look useful for his energy, but he has no idea what to do with a ball at his feet.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

42 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

315 minutes into the league campaign and we've played well for 7 of them. Tbf we did look defensively competent for 70 against Alloa as well, but we've not had any discernible attacking gameplan yet.

Are we a more efficient team in terms of picking up points and being awkward opponents more often compared to at least two other dogshit outfits in the division? All early indications point to yes (Queen of the South, Alloa, possibly Arbroath floundering as well). That's what we've got to work with - and is better than the reasonable worst case scenario at the start of the season - but I won't be paying a penny to watch any of this gubbins exercise in self-preservation. 

The good news is that there are a maximum of 23 league games left before we can punt this season and this squad in the bin where they both belong.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Still in 4th. Better to win 2 and lose 2 than draw 4.  Shit game but Raith look like a good team. Much better than us.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Rovers were good, it has to be said, but other than that one ball flashed across goal just before half time we offered nothing. We only got back into the game when Rovers began sitting back, and even then they managed to carve us apart twice. 

EOho8Pw.png

Archived