TheMortonForum.com

US Election

vikingTON

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hej said:

The violent and evil left MUST be behind this latest violence. 

You - collectively - spent the entire summer saying that the armed invasion of federal buildings in Portland was not only alright, but actually a moral necessity. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. I'd have advocated shooting everyone involved in all of these incidents, but when you suspend the rule of law, you can't act surprised when people take it as permission to do whatever they want.

Perhaps now people will start taking paramilitary activity seriously, but instead it'll be selectively applied justice as usual and nothing will change.

edit: And to the decently high percentage of Congress who cheered this stuff on when it was happening in faraway cities away from their districts and states, perhaps they will start to understand that they've been playing with fire.

EOho8Pw.png

4 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Yup, BLM and ANTIFA have a lot to answer for, cunningly disguising themselves as white trash racist rednecks :)

In real life, rednecks are terrified of being called racist.

BLM and ANTIFA are also overwhelmingly white, and Antifa is overwhelmingly lower-middle class.

EOho8Pw.png

17 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

You - collectively - spent the entire summer saying that the armed invasion of federal buildings in Portland was not only alright, but actually a moral necessity. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. I'd have advocated shooting everyone involved in all of these incidents, but when you suspend the rule of law, you can't act surprised when people take it as permission to do whatever they want.

Perhaps now people will start taking paramilitary activity seriously, but instead it'll be selectively applied justice as usual and nothing will change.

edit: And to the decently high percentage of Congress who cheered this stuff on when it was happening in faraway cities away from their districts and states, perhaps they will start to understand that they've been playing with fire.

Did I, aye? 

You - singularly - spent the entire election campaign saying stuff like this:

",I'll go on record right now is saying that any organized, large-scale unrest in this country will be originated and perpetrated by the left" 

Looks like you were wrong lol. 

Yes, you were 100% all-in on the protests and destruction. Don't try to rewrite history. It was a beautiful display of solidarity against injustice. This was the party line throughout the culture and you were right in amongst it, hence your continued lionization of Antifa.

Do you think this is organized? Do you think this is large scale? This isn't nothing, I'd never be so dishonest as to say that. But am I particularly bothered that the self-same Congress that sat by and did nothing this summer is seeing the chickens come home to roost by some guys walking around in their building (one of whom appears to be dressed as a character from Skyrim)? Not in the least bit. They completely and totally brought it on themselves.

One of the many reasons how the Left won the cultural battle for America is that they never have to apologize or account for anything. Through near-total control of academia and majority control of the media, they have ensured that nobody on the Left will ever have to account for any positions that backfire. Thus the summer of organized insurrection has been retconned as a "summer of love", and nobody who cheered it on will ever have to hear the name Horace Anderson, much less apologize for their complicity in his murder. (Nobody here has heard of him either, despite supporting 100% the circumstances that led to his killing.)

Through skilful judicial appointments and the installation of radical District Attorneys, the Left has also enabled their street-level foot-soldiers to act with near-impunity, just as we saw this summer in Portland, Milwaukee, Seattle, and more. A perfect example is Ed Schinzing, who was part of a large, armed group attempting to burn alive the staff of the Portland Justice Center in May. He got caught - and this is 100% true - by taking his shirt off while having his name tattooed across his back. So they pretty much had to arrest him, and he alone will suffer the consequences for a violent, organized, well-funded attempt at insurrection in the United States. (He'll be sentenced later this month. I think he'll get seven years and be out in five-and-a-bit. Thanks for your "criminal justice reform", Trump!)

We are seeing the same dynamic today. The mainstream Right, terrified as it is of the media complex, will now spend the next decade apologizing for what in a reverse scenario would be called a peaceful demonstration where truth was spoke to power. Yes, of course anyone watching can tell that what's happening today is a complete and utter disgrace. But the people involved aren't going to see it that way, and they can point to the TV screens that all summer told them how *stunning and brave* the protests were, and they will say, in all naivete and innocence... wait, we thought we were the good guys!

One of two things can happen from here. We either go along as we have done, in which case the people today - who missed the memo - will continue to act lawlessly, only they will face massive consequences. Or we can collectively decide that *all* such cases of insurrection and violence* are unacceptable and thus restore the rule of law.

*While what's happening today has been thus far significantly less violent than the orgy of destruction over the course of the summer, it would be dishonest to call this non-violent. Destroying barriers and breaking and entering into a building against the instructions of its guards - causing the guards to disperse - is violence. Hopefully everyone can agree at least on that definition.

EOho8Pw.png

Was I, aye? 🤣 Good luck backing up any of those imaginary viewpoints you have attributed to me with evidence, you utter fantasist. 

The only "collective" to which I belong is the one of laughing at and baiting delusional right-wing lunatics 

2 minutes ago, Hej said:

Was I, aye? 🤣 Good luck backing up any of those imaginary viewpoints you have attributed to me with evidence, you utter fantasist. 

The only "collective" to which I belong is the one of laughing at and baiting delusional right-wing lunatics 

Anyone honest would look at this very page and see an Antifa fan. But as I outlined, part of the benefit of being on the cultural Left is that you're not expected to be honest. You can fade back into the crowd in the knowledge that you've done the right thing.

The insurrectionists currently storming the Capitol naively believe that they can do the same thing. They will soon learn that they can't.

My desire is that this becomes a universal state of affairs, rather than something purely unidirectional.

Your desire is for the continuation of the status quo.

EOho8Pw.png

10 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Anyone honest would look at this very page and see an Antifa fan. But as I outlined, part of the benefit of being on the cultural Left is that you're not expected to be honest. You can fade back into the crowd in the knowledge that you've done the right thing.

The insurrectionists currently storming the Capitol naively believe that they can do the same thing. They will soon learn that they can't.

My desire is that this becomes a universal state of affairs, rather than something purely unidirectional.

Your desire is for the continuation of the status quo.

MasculineAlarmingKiwi-small.gif 

11 minutes ago, cmdc said:

The claim that “the left” has near total control of academia in the US is quite something!

In what way? The faculty of this country's universities is overwhelmingly liberal - significantly more liberal not only than the population at large, but even the Democratic party. This becomes even more pronounced at some of the Ivies. There are a few unis like Caltech that buck the trend but for the most part, academia is a leftist institution.

And I say this not out of sour grapes, by the way, but with the utmost admiration. Not just the right but the center of American politics spent decades giggling at campus activists and made snide jokes about hippies and basket-weaving and those crazy commies. While they were doing this (and busily looting the country while doing so) the left was organizing. Their control of the academic discourse is completely justified because they saw it was important, they wanted it, and they got it. Hence ideas that were confined to campus newsletters 20 years ago are now utterly mainstream.

Citation for the above: Are Liberal Viewpoints Over-Represented On College Campuses? (forbes.com) (28 to 1 in New England)

Why Are Most College Professors Liberal? New Studies Investigate by Ashley Thorne | NAS 

edit: and while this one is old, I looked for the link that falsified my position the most. This one is significantly more nuanced than 28-to-1, but the trend is still clear and backs up what I said:

Research confirms that professors lean left, but questions assumptions about what this means for conservatives (insidehighered.com)

And the fields in which cultural ideas are most effectively filtered - the liberal arts, media, and especially education - are far more left-tilted than are faculties such as engineering.

EOho8Pw.png

You do have to say “fair play” to anyone watching this nonsense unfold, fucking Batman walking around unchallenged in the grounds of the capitol building and still dying on the Trump hill. 

Fair play!

Just now, TheGoon said:

You do have to say “fair play” to anyone watching this nonsense unfold, fucking Batman walking around unchallenged in the grounds of the capitol building and still dying on the Trump hill. 

Fair play!

The whole thing is a fucking disgrace and the National Guard should have been deployed the second someone touched the first fence.

The supposed adults in the room in this country, however, declared a permanent Casual Friday this summer. They're going to do nothing to de-escalate. And the media needs something to keep up ratings after Trump goes.

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, Cet Homme Charmant said:

TRVMP do you agree with Trump that he won the election on a landslide and had the election stolen from him? If not, surely you can no longer support him, especially after he stoked up the crowd this morning.

No, he's wrong, I don't agree with him. Not only did he not win in a landslide, he didn't win at all, either by the Electoral College or by the popular vote, and it is not the case that the Democratic Party or its associates forged votes; nor is it the case that Trump votes were suppressed. Isolated incidents of voter fraud take place in any election with more than 2 people. So if you want to get semantic about it, not every single one of the 158,383,935 votes was on the up and up, but we're talking a tiny fraction of a percent here. The vote was not stolen and Biden won fair and square.

Per my votes in the Coronavirus thread from this summer (when all of this seemed pretty obvious to me, the failure to pass stimulus just cementing it), Trump lost because his base (white, male) heard loud and clear that they were yesterday's news, and either stayed home or voted for "normality" - quite often at the behest of their wives. What gains Trump did make elsewhere were completely insufficient and frankly misguided. Much as Hillary ran up the vote in California in 2016, Trump's gains among Latinos in Texas came at the expense of the wafer-thin margins in Georgia and the slightly thicker ones elsewhere. Above everything else, trusting the Congressional GOP (which despises both Trump and the populism he represents) and failing to deliver a second stimulus blew the lower-middle class monster vote that put him over the top last time. Any picayune 200 voters "registered" to a vacant lot here and there is nothing compared to the errors of his campaign. Trump lost because Trump lost and no other reason.

I refer you to this post about my continued support for him: 

US Election - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com

I want Trump to make things as painful - in a legislative sense - as possible for both the GOP and the establishment Democrats going forward. A third-party split that neuters the Republicans for a generation would be a perfect outcome. At the very least, making clear the complete lawlessness and out-of-control madness of the intelligence agencies is long overdue. (The funny this is that prior to Trump Derangement Syndrome, most mainstream Democrats would have agreed with this, but now that government overreach is on their side, they are totally silent.) Their antics over the last four years have been so, so much more damaging to the long-term course of American politics than anything Trump has said or done. Anything he legally does to make their lives hell is not only okay with me, but a moral imperative.

Telling people today to "go home" was a moral responsibility and he, belatedly, did it. I hope, however, that he keeps up the pressure on the rotten American institutions that not only attempted a three-year coup of an elected President, but gave themselves all manner of Pulitzers as they did so. I'm under no illusions here - he won't be a tenth as successful with this as Hillary was with undermining his Presidency, but I hope that Biden and Kamala look forward to 40% of the country believing they're in office as illegal usurpers, because it's the bed they've made for themselves.

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Yeah, but in the same breath he told them he 'loved' them and 'understands their anger because he'd won by a landslide and everybody knows it'. 

There's nothing I can say about this that I haven't said at length across multiple posts already. If you don't agree with it, that's obviously fine, but I think I've made my reasoning pretty clear; if you don't want to acknowledge my argument, again, fine, but I'll spare us both my repeating myself.

EOho8Pw.png

Utterly shameful scenes projected across the world. I had to double-check I was watching the news and Netflix. I guess this is what happens when you vote a former reality TV narcissist into power. Nic better tell him to get to fuck if he's thinking of retreating over here.

53 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

Utterly shameful scenes projected across the world. I had to double-check I was watching the news and Netflix. I guess this is what happens when you vote a former reality TV narcissist into power. Nic better tell him to get to fuck if he's thinking of retreating over here.

He should be welcomed into this country with open arms, along with his supporters, the Proud Boys etc.

This is, incidentally, just the beginning. The Right have had enough with being persecuted. It’s going to happen here too.

Archived