Morton v Ayr - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Ayr

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ridiculous to have such a top heavy squad but have exactly 0 players capable of creating anything. We're completely devoid of any attacking gameplan, we just go in the vague direction of the opposition goal and hope for a lucky break.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Not that we were on top before the red card, but for the game to swing so significantly towards Ayr after it reflects extremely poorly on Hopkin.

There were some decent moments of build-up play in the first half but it always fizzled out fairly quickly. We’re  pretty much toothless as a unit which is only to be expected when you don’t bother your arse to sign a forward. 

There’s no midfield either (why is Jacobs not on?!) and the defence is extremely ragged; it might do well from an aerial bombardment but it’s all over the place when the balls on the ground and there’s players moving around them.

All of that, and the fact that Ayr are much faster, stronger and fitter across the board.

AWMSC

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

See what happens when you at least try to get the ball in the box against 10 tired men...

The weather is fucking atrocious, the ball's whipping around like a tornado, get it in the box and put them under pressure. It's the Scottish Championship, not Liverpool versus PSG. Play the percentages. That's what it's all about.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived