Match Thread - Morton vs Queens Park League Cup 13th October - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Morton vs Queens Park League Cup 13th October

Admin

Will take that.

Would imagine the team in the last game was more about consistency of selection from last season against a team in our own league and tonight was about game time for the newer players and trying a couple of things since QP aren't as strong opposition. 

Think the defence looked solid enough as a three, particularly Fjortoft, so with Strapp to come in as one of the wing backs we should be fine there. The only problem was McGinty wanting to go long every time. 

We pressed a lot better and had more energy after the subs settled in so it will be interesting to see what we go with on Saturday. 

McPake looks like a great bit of business so hopefully don't miss Cadden too much and we push on from last season. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fjortoft looks a player.

Skunks top on 5 then Us, QoS and Partick all on 4 (1, 0 and -1 GD) and McKinnon's lot on feck-all.

Think when we play at the Methadome it's Partick who sit-out. Given that Brian Graham was sent off tonight, he'll likely miss our meeting.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

10 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Fjortoft looks a player.

Skunks top on 5 then Us, QoS and Partick all on 4 (1, 0 and -1 GD) and McKinnon's lot on feck-all.

Think when we play at the Methadome it's Partick who sit-out. Given that Brian Graham was sent off tonight, he'll likely miss our meeting.

Partick must be on 5 as well.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Just now, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Live score have Partick top on 6, I thought it was only 5 as well.

Agree about Fjortoft MoM for me.

Not getting carried away, but, credit to Blues and Muirhead as well.

It is 5, none of the scoring apps understand the points system. They got:

0 points from St Mirren

3 points for beating QP

2 points for draw and bonus for pens

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Realistically the only way Partick are getting through from here is if they beat us then us and Queen's Park both beat St Mirren - even if they beat us then end up as runners up on 8 points they're unlikely to get through. Similarly we need to be taking 5 points to give ourselves a reasonable shot, but best make it 6 to win the group. Glad the remaining games are still meaningful for us anyway.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The opening half an hour was very poor from us, barely stringing 2 passes together, with a series of hoofs from McGinty to nobody. We didn't look in any danger defensively, with the back three looking solid, but just looked very disjointed. Probably due to having a poor striker playing left wing back in Muirhead, and another guy in Salkeld on the right that is clearly not used to the role, but probably has the tools to make it work, added to Lyon and Blues in the middle which were off the pace.

Lyon dropping deeper and allowing Blues to get up the pitch actually seemed to change things in our favour a bit, and the goal was really well worked. Jacobs coming on to sit in front of the back three freed up the midfield even more, and when we made our changes, we never looked likely to concede. McPake once again looked a threat when he came on, and I liked the look of Wallace on the ball, looks a very tidy player. Still have my concerns about where the goals are coming from on a regular basis.

That 3-5-2 formation could definitely work with the right clientele. Tonight was clearly about getting players on the pitch to get minutes in their legs. Expect many changes ahead of Saturday.  

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Partick must be on 5 as well.

Yes, I was using BBC site which likely hadn't updated the penalties yet.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Why were we playing in our third kit at the Theatre of Dreams against those peasants?

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Why were we playing in our third kit at the Theatre of Dreams against those peasants?

Sad!

Because their shiter of an away kit shouldnt be allowed to grace the hallowed turf.

22 hours ago, so72 said:

Because their shiter of an away kit shouldnt be allowed to grace the hallowed turf.

It would be an additional humiliation to add to their all-round failure. Next.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived