Sign in to follow this  
capitanus

Black History Month - Black Morton Players

6 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Yeah it was Boukkra. Both not lasted 4 months before getting out to escape the Morton directors.

http://greenockmortonfc.blogspot.com/2000/01/karim-boukraa-full-name-karim-boukraa.html?m=1

Medou-Otye ended up with a team in the conference down south, and Boukkra went to Ross County, where he stayed for a few seasons and became a bit of a cult hero.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Toby said:

My main memory of him was a mazy run he made at the Sinclair Street end that he was unlucky not to score from, possibly against Airdrie. It was shown on Scotsport or Football First at the time, so I dare say AyrshireTon has copied it onto YouTube. I’ll try and dig it out.

It was against Ayr, I hadn't remembered him passing it to Stephen Whalen though.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:28 AM, SpoonTon said:

Hang your head in shame for only having big Parfait on the bench. Those marauding runs with the ball out from the back were outstanding. Good player - real pity that his career was taken from him the way it was. 

Taken away? 

Not morton players but 3 of the best performances I've ever seen at cappielow came from black players. Peter Ndlovu (pre season friendly v Coventry), Jefferson (a Brazilian boy who played for wither MyPa or FinnPa) and Lauren Djaffo for Ayr. The latter scoring the best goal against us I've ever seen at Scapa. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

3 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Taken away? 

Told to retire while at Kidderminster due to a heart defect. 

Turned out he didn't have one though so came back to play in England before returning to France again.

Had no idea about that! 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come