Black History Month - Black Morton Players - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Black History Month - Black Morton Players

capitanus

10 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Can you expand on that answer please?

(and I don't mean the club's full name or anything)

Before he joined Morton he played for Dunfermline and was punted along with AN Other for racially abusing a teammate.  

ETA:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12303027.dunfermline-upset-by-barnetts-allegations/

*insert signature here*

55 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Before he joined Morton he played for Dunfermline and was punted along with AN Other for racially abusing a teammate.  

ETA:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12303027.dunfermline-upset-by-barnetts-allegations/

Cheers - did not know that!

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Big Parfait appeared at the same time with another player. Was it Karim Boukkra? I remember them both staying at the travel inn in Greenock. I'm sure he was decent too. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

My main memory of him was a mazy run he made at the Sinclair Street end that he was unlucky not to score from, possibly against Airdrie. It was shown on Scotsport or Football First at the time, so I dare say AyrshireTon has copied it onto YouTube. I’ll try and dig it out.

41 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Big Parfait appeared at the same time with another player. Was it Karim Boukkra? I remember them both staying at the travel inn in Greenock. I'm sure he was decent too. 

Yeah it was Boukkra. Both not lasted 4 months before getting out to escape the Morton directors.

http://greenockmortonfc.blogspot.com/2000/01/karim-boukraa-full-name-karim-boukraa.html?m=1

6 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Yeah it was Boukkra. Both not lasted 4 months before getting out to escape the Morton directors.

http://greenockmortonfc.blogspot.com/2000/01/karim-boukraa-full-name-karim-boukraa.html?m=1

Medou-Otye ended up with a team in the conference down south, and Boukkra went to Ross County, where he stayed for a few seasons and became a bit of a cult hero.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

My main memory of him was a mazy run he made at the Sinclair Street end that he was unlucky not to score from, possibly against Airdrie. It was shown on Scotsport or Football First at the time, so I dare say AyrshireTon has copied it onto YouTube. I’ll try and dig it out.

It was against Ayr, I hadn't remembered him passing it to Stephen Whalen though.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:28 AM, SpoonTon said:

Hang your head in shame for only having big Parfait on the bench. Those marauding runs with the ball out from the back were outstanding. Good player - real pity that his career was taken from him the way it was. 

Taken away? 

Not morton players but 3 of the best performances I've ever seen at cappielow came from black players. Peter Ndlovu (pre season friendly v Coventry), Jefferson (a Brazilian boy who played for wither MyPa or FinnPa) and Lauren Djaffo for Ayr. The latter scoring the best goal against us I've ever seen at Scapa. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived