bounce game tonght, - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

bounce game tonght,

steve

2 minutes ago, Renfrew said:

If they had used this as a test event for the streaming system then maybe people wouldn’t be turning up at the stadium and they wouldn’t need stewards 

Would it even be that hard to arrange a game against Greenock Juniors or between the squad themselves, stream it free as a test and ask folk for feed back?

4 minutes ago, Renfrew said:

If they had used this as a test event for the streaming system then maybe people wouldn’t be turning up at the stadium and they wouldn’t need stewards 

Maybe they're running an internal test, but aye, that would have been a good thing to do.

EOho8Pw.png

3 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Maybe they're running an internal test, but aye, that would have been a good thing to do.

Easy enough to test a camera set up but the challenge will be the servers if our website is anything to go by, should do a free game and encourage people to check it out. If they like it they might be convinced to buy a few games, if they don’t like it you can chalk it down to being a test

14 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Stewards there to stop people. Fuxake Morton. Get some sort of grip.

I really don't see what the issue is here. You won't be allowed to waltz up to the car park to watch a closed-doors competitive match in a few weeks time because the club and SPFL will get their baws booted as (when) it gets out of hand. There's no point then in creating a precedent for the sake of some absolutely pointless knockabout game.

The reality should be dawning that whatever imitation of football is produced at this level will be a joke as well as any jobsworth with a Filofax like Salty's wet dream. We are better off just binning the season until restrictions are lifted in their entirety.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Would agree with the above. Think it’s too late now though. I certainly don’t follow Morton for the football itself, I’d have given up long ago if that was the case. It’s nice to have games, but when the social aspect is totally removed, no games, no way of hounding opposition players, I struggle to have much enthusiasm.

49 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I really don't see what the issue is here. You won't be allowed to waltz up to the car park to watch a closed-doors competitive match in a few weeks time because the club and SPFL will get their baws booted as (when) it gets out of hand. There's no point then in creating a precedent for the sake of some absolutely pointless knockabout game.

Obviously can't seriously criticise the attempt to do the right thing, it's just very un-Morton to have gone there.

Scenes most weeks from the competitive games of congregations near any ground with a vantage point.

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Yeah, discouraging people going into the car park and not advertising information about games in advance so they don't end up with 200 people crowded in there is the right thing to do in the circumstances. Obviously they should be ready for a streaming test by now but that's a separate issue.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just now, dunning1874 said:

Yeah, discouraging people going into the car park and not advertising information about games in advance so they don't end up with 200 people crowded in there is the right thing to do in the circumstances. Obviously they should be ready for a streaming test by now but that's a separate issue.

I'm surprised that anybody would even be interested in paying real actual money (I think East Fife were charging £3 at the weekend) to stream our standard, dung pre-season home friendly against some no-mark outfit but I guess lockdown affects people in very different ways. 

12 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

1 nil. Sparking pyrotechnic scenes.

Dont tell Warren😀

This, on the other hand, I approve of.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

I'm surprised that anybody would even be interested in paying real actual money (I think East Fife were charging £3 at the weekend) to stream our standard, dung pre-season home friendly against some no-mark outfit but I guess lockdown affects people in very different ways. 

This, on the other hand, I approve of.

Not much change when it goes competitive, with games still being played at borderline bounce match pace.

Archived