Crawford Rae, Cappielow and MCT - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Crawford Rae, Cappielow and MCT

Toby

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crawford on Sportsound shortly:

- Never any threat to existence of club

- Family fully underwriting losses until handover

- Irresponsible reporting and has apologised to staff for any anxiety caused - no threat to wages etc

- Can’t comment on 1 GK as they set a budget and manager trusted to use it as he sees fit

- Budgeting difficult due to unprecedented circumstances eg demand for streaming - other clubs in same position 

He complained about irresponsible reporting causing panic. Ignoring the fact that he raised the issues himself in his statement announcing Hopkin's departure.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

50 minutes ago, cmdc said:

Crawford on Sportsound shortly:

- Never any threat to existence of club

- Family fully underwriting losses until handover

- Irresponsible reporting and has apologised to staff for any anxiety caused - no threat to wages etc

- Can’t comment on 1 GK as they set a budget and manager trusted to use it as he sees fit

- Budgeting difficult due to unprecedented circumstances eg demand for streaming - other clubs in same position 

Shades of "we thought we'd get home gates of 4,000!" there.

I'd love to see what their streaming projections were.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Shades of "we thought we'd get home gates of 4,000!" there.

I'd love to see what their streaming projections were.

My logic with the streaming was that if you sold anything close to a normal crowd... say 1,500 people... you are surely going to have far fewer costs on a matchday in terms of stewarding, cleaning, policing etc. 

Yes, you don't get to sell programmes, pies etc. but these may not be all that profitable when you think the number of people at games and the number of staff required to just open the gates on matchday.

Plus you can surely tap into out of town fans or those who can't spend 2.5 hours out of the house, but can tune into a stream while looking after kids etc. Not to mention away fans who might not travel, but happy to watch from home. 

I think with more sensible pricing, there was a positive financial outcome from streaming, but the £14 - £16 cost was just not going to get anyone other than the diehards .

55 minutes ago, piehutt said:

My logic with the streaming was that if you sold anything close to a normal crowd... say 1,500 people... you are surely going to have far fewer costs on a matchday in terms of stewarding, cleaning, policing etc. 

Yes, you don't get to sell programmes, pies etc. but these may not be all that profitable when you think the number of people at games and the number of staff required to just open the gates on matchday.

Plus you can surely tap into out of town fans or those who can't spend 2.5 hours out of the house, but can tune into a stream while looking after kids etc. Not to mention away fans who might not travel, but happy to watch from home. 

I think with more sensible pricing, there was a positive financial outcome from streaming, but the £14 - £16 cost was just not going to get anyone other than the diehards .

Even then there’s a big hole in income where hospitality should be which is where a lot of clubs are really feeling it.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Wasn't really sure where to put this but it's worth noting that St. Mirren have just had their 4th profitable year in a row, during COVID. 

Accounts up to May last year so only a fraction of the Covid impact included in those accounts.

£130k profit, helped largely by £370k in player sale income.

Agree they are light-years ahead of us.

They confirmed the pre-contract signing of Brophy from Killie today too.

Archived