Crawford Rae, Cappielow and MCT - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Crawford Rae, Cappielow and MCT

Toby

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And where is the appetite as fans to shout out and try and stop this, albeit with limited power? Nowhere. Apathy is rife lads. 

Only yesterday the memories of the Save the Ton were shared, when folk - even folk that didnt support Morton -  stood up to be counted. That fight is gone im afraid. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

11 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

And where is the appetite as fans to shout out and try and stop this, albeit with limited power? Nowhere. Apathy is rife lads. 

Only yesterday the memories of the Save the Ton were shared, when folk - even folk that didnt support Morton -  stood up to be counted. That fight is gone im afraid. 

Y'see, it's similar to the parable of 'the boy who cried wolf'. 

All of the times when we've been playing in an old ramshackle stadium, pleading poverty whilst charging the punters OTT prices for admission, we were actually doing comparable with our peers at the time.  Now the shit hits the fan, we huv nae bawbees left and nobody believes Crawfordjag.

ETA:

If the club goes into administration, which I seriously hope it doesn't, should we petition the council to have this name changed?

douglas-rae-road-sign670.jpg

*insert signature here*

Well, I never thought I’d see us potentially hitting the wall but here we are. The sad thing is I’m not even that arsed. I’d have been devastated 3 years ago but the behaviour from the board and the club in general over those 3 years have really lowered my interest. Really hope the worst doesn’t happen but it doesn’t look great. 

Obviously getting players off the wage bill without having to pay them off, barring an administration event, is dependent on someone being willing to take them and there's surely not much hope of other Championship or League One & Two clubs being willing or able to cover some of those costs. You can shed the two loanees in McPake and MacIver, then you're hoping there are clubs willing to take a few other players off our hands.

If it is six we're needing to cut just to get our head above water, then in addition to those two going we'd actually still have about as balanced a squad as we do now if four of Blues, Millar (though he may remain as manager?), Muirhead, Salkeld, McGuffie, Omar, Oliver or Orsi were to go. However the quality of squad left behind isn't the primary concern of course so it may be a case of losing whoever other clubs are willing to take and ending up with a sellable asset like Strapp walking for nothing.

There's really no justification for anyone responsible for setting the budget which has put us in this position remaining at the club for another second. They have done this to the club. They can walk away immediately with nothing, renouncing any claim to the stadium and offering an absolutely grovelling apology for what they've done, and then they maybe might not deserve to be banned from Cappielow and treated like Hugh Scott level pariahs for what they've done.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The inaction during the initial lockdown and subsequent months seems to have come back and bitten us. I'm not sure if the board room became complacent, expecting that this would have eased by now and that crowds would be back at the games, but legitimate concerns were raised at the time when staff where on furlough. I've never seen Morton so active on social media as I have over the past few days, which seems worrying. Are we gonna have a club left to support after this is all over? We need answers.

5 minutes ago, Scott said:

Well, I never thought I’d see us potentially hitting the wall but here we are. The sad thing is I’m not even that arsed. I’d have been devastated 3 years ago but the behaviour from the board and the club in general over those 3 years have really lowered my interest. Really hope the worst doesn’t happen but it doesn’t look great. 

This is what i'm talking about and i dont blame you, but see sitting on a forum at near half 11 on a wed evening (myself included) moaning about and having a say on the situation without being ready to face reality and try - even if that's trying with no real power behind the sentiment -  then we really are fucked. 

Gentlemen, and ladies if there are any, something needs to be done here. I dont know what that is, but something needs to be done. We genuinely are about to go down the tubes here with no real prospect of an escape route. MCT doesnt have the financial power for a bailout if it gets to that. Realise this is a tardy, all over the place, spewed out response, but something really needs to happen and fast. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

1 minute ago, TONofmemories said:

This is what i'm talking about and i dont blame you, but see sitting on a forum at near half 11 on a wed evening (myself included) moaning about and having a say on the situation without being ready to face reality and try - even if that's trying with no real power behind the sentiment -  then we really are fucked. 

Gentlemen, and ladies if there are any, something needs to be done here. I dont know what that is, but something needs to be done. We genuinely are about to go down the tubes here with no real prospect of an escape route. MCT doesnt have the financial power for a bailout if it gets to that. Realise this is a tardy, all over the place, spewed out response, but something really needs to happen and fast. 

Well, you're a high heedyin at one of Morton's largest supporters clubs.  You lead the way and I'll be behind you.

*insert signature here*

18 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

You can shed McPake

McPake's loan is only until January so you can assume he will be away then (although, his deal was being funded by Brian Clements - would that funding still be there to cover another player?).

9 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Well, you're a high heedyin at one of Morton's largest supporters clubs.  You lead the way and I'll be behind you.

It almost feels counter productive to go do a Celtic and hound the cunts at our club, but doesnt mean im at the stage whereby i dont want to do it. Ultimately though, does that improve the situation. 

I realise what i'm saying doesn't make much sense but that's neither does the whole thing. What can we do other than show up like an angry mob and give them a good old fashioned Morton hounding? Contradictive, i know. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

2 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

It almost feels counter productive to go do a Celtic and hound the cunts at our club, but doesnt mean im at the stage whereby i dont want to do it. Ultimately though, does that improve the situation. 

I realise what i'm saying doesn't make much sense but that's neither does the whole thing. What can we do other than show up like an angry mob and give them a good old fashioned Morton hounding? Contradictive, i know. 

No I was talking about a 'Save the Ton' campaign.

*insert signature here*

MCT need to speak up and confirm if things are as bad as is reported. They've put six figures of members' money into the club and there's an understanding that they're going to take it over. Is the club going to last that long? 

EOho8Pw.png

6 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Well Golden Casket have got more businesses than GMFC based in the local area. Crawford and the cadet Raes should be thinking very carefully about whether they really want to drag their main business's reputation through the mud - which can be arranged - for the sake of their stupid, wee heel-dragging act in their last, tawdry six months in the door. It's shit or get off the pot time for them.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

MCT need to speak up and confirm if things are as bad as is reported. They've put six figures of members' money into the club and there's an understanding that they're going to take it over. Is the club going to last that long? 

The way i see it - and i should clarify this is my own opinion based probably on emotion - MCT in theory if all is relatively rosy is a great idea. I'd back it 100%. Catch it, we're in such a fucked up state of affairs that they don't have the finanial power to do anything and if the Raes wont save the club again we are fucked. I don't see a way out unless theres a white knight. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

3 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

And BTW. Morton's LARGEST supporters club. Don't forget it!

Do you have your own club though?

2 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

The way i see it - and i should clarify this is my own opinion based probably on emotion - MCT in theory if all is relatively rosy is a great idea. I'd back it 100%. Catch it, we're in such a fucked up state of affairs that they don't have the finanial power to do anything and if the Raes wont save the club again we are fucked. I don't see a way out unless theres a white knight. 

Brian Clements.

*insert signature here*

8 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

The onus is either on GC to plug the hole caused by their own mismanagement or to let MCT organise extra investment in exchange for them fucking off and not on the terms of their previous deal. You might be right about the latter option proving insufficient over time but the club's heirarchy sitting around doing neither and hoping that plugging the club shop for the first time in a decade is going to solve things is not crisis management 101.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived