Sign in to follow this  
Chesh

Ton Tv

That the streaming platform is built into the site is a cool idea in theory, but given how slow the site is to respond now, I have the fear ahead of Tuesday when potentially dozens of people are trying to get on. Any halfway decent commercial hosting package will scale for that reason but I'm not sure we have it.

The actual streaming platform itself, the video container, is run off Amazon Web Services, so it scales dynamically, but that's not much good to the punter if the site it sits on goes down.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

Signed up and bought Tuesday's game. Relatively painless, but again the site is so slow to load and respond. Now watching the thrilling Friday Test stream, which as pictured above is a thrilling view of the Bernard Street bridge in Leith.

Do you like Abba?

Ticket purchased, hope they don't feck this up.

All in with a Doyle Brunson

23 minutes ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

Got signed up, here's what's on screen.

Screenshot_20201002-202059.png

Why on earth is that what we see? Couldn't they have just turned the cam on at Cappielow?

It's a pre-recorded video, which is a little odd for a live test.

Do you like Abba?

3 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Nice of them to have the training tops on display in the latest video....

Training tops that cant be purchased 😂😂

Or can they?

https://www.smithsofgreenock.co.uk/Training-Kit-c48550709

Edit - may not be the same one. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by AyrshireTon

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

It's a pre-recorded video, which is a little odd for a live test.

Well, I assume this is to test some traffic, the subscription and purchase page but still.  Could they not have put a more relevant video up? Previous highlights? Latest weekly update? Not a video of bloody Leith.

2 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Or can they?

https://www.smithsofgreenock.co.uk/Training-Kit-c48550709

Edit - may not be the same one. Can anyone confirm?

He probably means the new Admiral ones.

14 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Nice of them to have the training tops on display in the latest video....

Training tops that cant be purchased 😂😂

Top trolling displaying that on the video if they continue with the line that they aren't releasing it.

Why on earth have we not made it public that tickets can now be purchased btw,

Should be all over social media tonight.

All in with a Doyle Brunson

Has anyone got a link or able to show where to go on the website to sign up? 

2 minutes ago, Madton said:

Why on earth have we not made it public that tickets can now be purchased btw,

Should be all over social media tonight.

"Well in advance"....

TIME FOR CHANGE!

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

It's good that signing up is possible now, but it's still so shambolic. The only reason any of us know is people stumbling on it by accident when looking at the shop on the website.

If they want people to be buying it they should have been screaming from the rooftops that it's now on sale here with a link on every form of social media and a message on the front page of the website. Instead the latest update is that they'll let us know how to stream "well in advance of kick off". That update is accessed from a news section which sits beneath a message that our next match is against Alloa on 17th October.

They have a load of our email addresses as well, they should be pushing it to everyone whose details they have, but that's asking a bit much when they can’t even get a tweet or the information on their own website right.

Similarly, if they need big numbers to take part in these test events last night and tonight so it's a comparable test for the platform, they should be getting pushed widely to everyone who's willing to buy. How much of a test is it going to be if you only get 25 people who've stumbled on it by accident registering for the test when you could have had hundreds if you just bothered your arse to advertise it? Then again, we might not get more than 25 buying it with all they've done to promote it.

This is a new level of incompetence. I never thought I'd be saying this, but it's not only a step backwards in competence from Warren Hawke - who made his own position untenable through repeated gross incompetence - it's bigger commerical incompetence than we've seen at all in the 19 years of Golden Casket's tenure. When we effectively had no commercial presence whatsoever 10 years ago and were making season tickets available only about a month before the season started, it wasn't as amateurish and downright laughable as this.

Hits nail on head

I suspect the underlying problem to all of what's going on at Cappielow is that we have a Chief Exec who is chief cook and bottle washer.

I'm sure he's doing his best under the circumstances but he's being asked to do far too much and ends up doing just enough of everything to keep the plates spinning. A lesson for MCT when they take over that it's all right working with the bare bones of an operation but you get what you pay for. MCT will need a lot of help with the running of the club and not just from paid employees.

Now where do I sign up for Tuesday, as a season ticket holder Iv'e not even received confirmation of my payment never mind an email telling me how to watch Tuesdays game.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

11 minutes ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

I suspect the underlying problem to all of what's going on at Cappielow is that we have a Chief Exec who is chief cook and bottle washer.

I'm sure he's doing his best under the circumstances but he's being asked to do far too much and ends up doing just enough of everything to keep the plates spinning. A lesson for MCT when they take over that it's all right working with the bare bones of an operation but you get what you pay for. MCT will need a lot of help with the running of the club and not just from paid employees.

Now where do I sign up for Tuesday, as a season ticket holder Iv'e not even received confirmation of my payment never mind an email telling me how to watch Tuesdays game.

Has he been asked to do too much, or has he chosen to expand his brief to areas that don't make much sense for a CE to be running? Take the match updates on Twitter last season for example: there was no obvious Raes or budget-based requirement for the chief executive to do that job - even a fucking pub team in the Lowland League gets someone far down the pecking order to do that task. That suggests a desire to micro-manage instead and when you try to do that then yawning omissions are always going to happen. 

A football club of this size will always rely to some degree on the goodwill of volunteers as well as its paid employees who could still be doing better with their skills elsewhere. If the current regime doesn't have those resources available then it's a failure to either understand the concerns of those who were cooperating with the club before or to get new ones on board.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are