Ton Tv - Page 37 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked the ability to go back and look back at chances/goals at half time/full time. Hopefully they might be able to show replays straight after goals once they get some more experience at doing this. 

There were some sound issues 2nite due to the microphone on the camera picking up the speakers above which was drowning out Gerry and Andy at times. The ‘Tannoy’ volume really wasn’t loud but came across that way apparently. Had a chat with the guys doing the AV stuff and should be sorted for Saturday. Thanks to those who gave some feedback. 

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Had no complaints with the coverage tonight, commentary was good again too. Also a wee bit concerned about how much we’re planning on charging for Category A games... 

I'm enjoying the commentary. Interesting to hear Andy's frustration at seeing us getting caught offside and clearly noticing the pointless long balls from McGinty.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Aye, credit where it's due, last night was light years ahead of last week's debacle. As others have said the replays etc , for me anyway, was completely unexpected but welcome.

Big Ritchie is great and, at times, brutally honest which is far better than the sickly bias from those two who do the Falkirk commentary, for example.

Well done.

46 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Aye, credit where it's due, last night was light years ahead of last week's debacle. As others have said the replays etc , for me anyway, was completely unexpected but welcome.

Big Ritchie is great and, at times, brutally honest which is far better than the sickly bias from those two who do the Falkirk commentary, for example.

Well done.

Aye, he could probably do with cutting out the jokes about Julian Clarey and Boy George being a couple of queens, though.

30 minutes ago, Toby said:

Aye, he could probably do with cutting out the jokes about Julian Clarey and Boy George being a couple of queens, though.

And goalies in pink shirts causing a 'stooshie'.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

50 minutes ago, Toby said:

You could see Gerry visibly cringe at that comment. Probably lucky it was a good 10 minutes before kick off so not as many heard it as might have during the game.

Credit where it'd due. Last night's coverage was good. Suspect the few teething problems with camera and audio will be ironed out in time. 

More good commentary by both. When you compare it to the likes of Brora/Thistle, whos commentators have had stick for being less than enthusiastic, we do have something decent. Full of enthusiasm and big Andy is class. Calls it as he sees it.

Good to see some highlights at HT being pulled together as well. Worth a tenner. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

On the quality of the stream, much improved.  Were there two cameras being used in the stand, as the colour of the pitch kept changing from a proper colour of pitch to a more garish shade of green as if the colour balance was wrong on one of the cameras?  The camera location was much better with the corner flags visible and not too much of an obstruction from the pillars (could be better if done from the Cowshed side but maybe don't have the electronic infrastructure to do that).  Commentary and comments were very good (I didn't catch the Julian Clarey comments but no doubt someone will tell Andy it's the 21st century now).  Andy's analysis of the game is top notch and he knows what he's talking about; also not afraid to criticise when called for.  Well worth a tenner for that.

It would be good if even after this current situation is sorted, we could continue with this type of coverage.  There must be loads of folk who struggle to get to games for various reasons but would watch online, and if it was reasonably priced it could be a decent earner.  Our division gets no coverage whatsoever on mainstream channels (maybe Alba occasionally) and covering our league wouldn't affect the broadcasting contracts except maybe very rarely.  I think it's time for a good hard look at the restrictions on streaming games (unless you're outside the UK) so that lower league clubs can sell their product to a wider market.  I doubt it would affect crowds that much as it's not quite the full live experience, but there are thousands of people that have moved away but still follow their team.  Not having coverage is cutting off a potentially significant income stream, and it's the football authorities that are responsible for that - it's the 21st century, so maybe this Covid pandemic is the catalyst needed to open the game up to a wider market rather than everyone being fed a diet of the bigot brothers on Sky.  Maybe something for MCT to consider pursuing.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

On the quality of the stream, much improved.  Were there two cameras being used in the stand, as the colour of the pitch kept changing from a proper colour of pitch to a more garish shade of green as if the colour balance was wrong on one of the cameras?  The camera location was much better with the corner flags visible and not too much of an obstruction from the pillars (could be better if done from the Cowshed side but maybe don't have the electronic infrastructure to do that).  Commentary and comments were very good (I didn't catch the Julian Clarey comments but no doubt someone will tell Andy it's the 21st century now).  Andy's analysis of the game is top notch and he knows what he's talking about; also not afraid to criticise when called for.  Well worth a tenner for that.

It would be good if even after this current situation is sorted, we could continue with this type of coverage.  There must be loads of folk who struggle to get to games for various reasons but would watch online, and if it was reasonably priced it could be a decent earner.  Our division gets no coverage whatsoever on mainstream channels (maybe Alba occasionally) and covering our league wouldn't affect the broadcasting contracts except maybe very rarely.  I think it's time for a good hard look at the restrictions on streaming games (unless you're outside the UK) so that lower league clubs can sell their product to a wider market.  I doubt it would affect crowds that much as it's not quite the full live experience, but there are thousands of people that have moved away but still follow their team.  Not having coverage is cutting off a potentially significant income stream, and it's the football authorities that are responsible for that - it's the 21st century, so maybe this Covid pandemic is the catalyst needed to open the game up to a wider market rather than everyone being fed a diet of the bigot brothers on Sky.  Maybe something for MCT to consider pursuing.

BBC Scotland most Fridays.

5 hours ago, Alibi said:

It would be good if even after this current situation is sorted, we could continue with this type of coverage.  

I really hope so. One of the few good things to come out of this whole covid-19 malarkey for me is being able to watch the Ton again. I'm sure there are enough ex-pats and out-of-towners who would be more than willing to continue using this service when spectators are allowed back, to make it a viable revenue stream. They'll certainly get a couple of hundred quid from me each season that they otherwise wouldn't have.

11 hours ago, Toby said:

I actually spent three days at The Earls Court Boat Show with Dale Winton, Paul O’Grady and Noel Edmonds – he’s not gay, but you get the picture.

EOho8Pw.png

15 hours ago, Toby said:

:lol: :lol:

Its a pity we weren't playing a team from Saltcoats, he could have said they were a couple of Salty's.

*insert signature here*

16 hours ago, Ray Von said:

BBC Scotland most Fridays.

Yes, but that's one game.  Seeing your team play once every couple of months (realistically if there's a "bigger" team in the division they will be over-represented in the coverage - Hearts this season for example - so others will be covered less frequently).  Many folk have realised they don't actually have to go to work each day to work; they can work from home and save travelling.  Broadly the same could now apply to football - you could watch your own team's games without having to travel all over the country.  Instead of a choice of games dictated by the TV companies, people could have a wider choice.  I can't see much downside if it augments the incomes of the smaller clubs who struggle to break even under the current set-up.  If the football authorities try to revert to the old set up after covid is sorted, they're not acting in the interests of their member clubs (apart from maybe a few of the top tier clubs).

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I saw someone mention on Facebook that they have received their season ticket code for streaming the games. Anyone else received theirs? I've had nothing.

I haven't had anything through re: season ticket codes as yet.

Archived