Sign in to follow this  
Chesh

Ton Tv

8 hours ago, astuartm said:

Why when BBC, Sky and BT  have all come to the conclusion that the best uninterrupted side for televising matches  is the other side  are we using the stand side?  The pillars are much further back from the pitch ground side and therefore allow you to see right down the lines and a much better angle for the covering the match.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the reason was as mundane as not having an Ethernet point in the cowshed or something along those lines to plug the manual camera into. 

I believe the Pixellot camera is on the ‘shed side, though. Don’t know why it’s not being used for the streams.

8 hours ago, astuartm said:

Why when BBC, Sky and BT  have all come to the conclusion that the best uninterrupted side for televising matches  is the other side  are we using the stand side?  The pillars are much further back from the pitch ground side and therefore allow you to see right down the lines and a much better angle for the covering the match.

Who cares about what the BBC and Sky think given the ridiculous contraptions that they set up in the Cowshed to block two-thirds of the view for fans actually inside the ground and paying to watch the spectacle. All TV coverage should be run from the main stand by default because that's where the fewest paying customers are inconvenienced by the equipment. If that means a pillar getting in the way of coverage then that's just tough: if they want a straightforward film then they can fuck off to Broadwood, Grangemouth or any other Legoland shitehole festering in the seaside leagues instead.

Though given that all the early televised games at Cappielow seem to have run from the main stand without the issues seen on Tuesday, I'm not convinced that the choice of stand is the explanatory factor here anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Good a few goals.

Let's hope they are all at the WDE.

On a serious point. I invested my last Tuesday's refund on a Queens PK PPV ticket.

I would advise supporters to buy tickets early as suggested by Morton. My experience was simple but the match did not appear on my account for two hours. So might be a problem with buying just prior to match.

Also can't  seem to get by PayPal option, maybe PC knows I have an account. It may also be the verification paying by this method needs validation before loading matchday tickets.

Buyer beware.

Edited by Ton4life
Error
  • Downvote 1

What's the method of buying a stream of Tuesday's game?  Looked at the shop and there's no sign of a link to purchase a ticket.

ETA: ignore that - found a link to the new website in the article thanking everyone for doing the test of the stream.  They should maybe put an actual top level link on the landing page of the club website to save everyone having to search for it.

Edited by Alibi

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

What's the method of buying a stream of Tuesday's game?  Looked at the shop and there's no sign of a link to purchase a ticket.

ETA: ignore that - found a link to the new website in the article thanking everyone for doing the test of the stream.  They should maybe put an actual top level link on the landing page of the club website to save everyone having to search for it.

They are hoping to get people to avoid going to the club page but to go straight to the TV page. They still need links on the homepage, shop page and ticketing page though.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

They are hoping to get people to avoid going to the club page but to go straight to the TV page. They still need links on the homepage, shop page and ticketing page though.

The first place anyone who hadn't previously bought a match will go to will probably be the Club's website.  A link there in a prominent place is essential.  Once people are used to the new system, it's still important to point away supporters in the right direction.  Don't assume everyone has even heard of TonTV.  The marketing of our products is abysmal.  If I wanted to get a stream for an away game, I would look first at the official website of whoever it is - and be fairly confident it would be better sorted than our own often non-intuitive set-up.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Just now, Alibi said:

The first place anyone who hadn't previously bought a match will go to will probably be the Club's website.  A link there in a prominent place is essential.  Once people are used to the new system, it's still important to point away supporters in the right direction.  Don't assume everyone has even heard of TonTV.  The marketing of our products is abysmal.  If I wanted to get a stream for an away game, I would look first at the official website of whoever it is - and be fairly confident it would be better sorted than our own often non-intuitive set-up.

Which part did I not agree with...

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Which part did I not agree with...

Didn't say you disagreed with any of it.  Just that our marketing is poor.

1 minute ago, Alibi said:

Didn't say you disagreed with any of it.  Just that our marketing is poor.

As ever. 

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

As ever. 

Just waiting for some half and half Queens Park scarves to appear...

1 hour ago, pink_panther said:

Test on tonight. Anyone else not have last weeks refund yet?

got email. not got money yet

forever optimistic

2 hours ago, Scapaflow said:

got email. not got money yet

I got my money a couple of days ago.

Says the test is starting in 5 minutes. I wasn't at the Saturday test since it was like 4:30am my time.

The page styling doesn't work with the 'Toggle Lights' option, but that's not a huge deal.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

Test successful. Back of the net!

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

5 hours ago, pink_panther said:

Test on tonight. Anyone else not have last weeks refund yet?

My refund came through today - I got the email on Thursday. They could have made oversights with refunds (it's worth checking), but, as with my case, refunds are still coming through as of today 

Joined tonight's test at 6:04 tonight. Minimal improvement on Saturdays test for me with buffering every minute or so that required me to refresh page re-tick the Ts&C's  5 times in a 10 minute spell. It does appear to be stabilising/improving the longer I'm on the stream to be fair.....I'm on a Windows laptop with fibre broadband running at 37mb  

Now appears to be running as sweet as a nut so maybe I was just unlucky?  Hope it runs like this tomorrow and  we have a camera position that captures the majority of the pitch and goal mouth areas, as that would be most welcome too!

On 10/11/2020 at 8:44 AM, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Seems there is no point in buying or watching the stream on Tuesday night. According to gmfc.net it ends in a 2-2 draw😂

They've done it again, tonight's match preview reports that Sean McGinty scored our last goal prior to lockdown in our 2-2 draw against Arbroath in March.

26 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

They've done it again, tonight's match preview reports that Sean McGinty scored our last goal prior to lockdown in our 2-2 draw against Arbroath in March.

Double vision due to the bevvy.  Watching that game would turn anyone to drink...

Has it actually been confirmed that we will be able to see both ends of the park? Was that part of the tests?!?

So an alien just lands and wants to watch the game think I'll go to gmfc.net. good luck with that.

Me not giving the feckers any more dough til my refund arrives  itll just confuse them.