Sign in to follow this  
Chesh

Ton Tv

1 minute ago, Scapaflow said:

getting bad gateway when loading GMFC  page doesn't bode well

Same here.

I had it up and now it’s down

Can almost guarantee the websites bandwidth won’t cover everyone visiting at the same time !

Proper schoolboy error if that’s the case. 

pen.jpg

No, 504 gateway timeout. FFS.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

On 10/2/2020 at 2:29 PM, TRVMP said:

That the streaming platform is built into the site is a cool idea in theory, but given how slow the site is to respond now, I have the fear ahead of Tuesday when potentially dozens of people are trying to get on. Any halfway decent commercial hosting package will scale for that reason but I'm not sure we have it.

The actual streaming platform itself, the video container, is run off Amazon Web Services, so it scales dynamically, but that's not much good to the punter if the site it sits on goes down.

On 10/3/2020 at 8:59 AM, TRVMP said:

I am extremely, extremely concerned about the 'capacity' of the site. Clearly we are on a bargain basement hosting package. Football club sites have long periods of comparatively low activity, then spikes - usually coinciding with transfer news. Our hosting should take that into account. 

Like clockwork. This has been on the cards for days, if not weeks. They didn't look at their hosting capacity. I'm fairly sure the video capacity will be fine but the site's been on the verge of falling over during the tests, which only a few internet geeks like us even bothered with. And they thought it could handle a pre-match surge?

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

What a fucking shambles already. Can’t even get on the website 

Any saving they made through taking the cheap option for this 'new' 'website' is going to be comfortably wiped out by the refunds they'll be giving out for tonight and failing to sell PPV streams to either casual Morton fans or away fans for the rest of the season with the reputational damage they're causing themselves.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

If only they knew how many people to expect on the website tonight by selling tickets or something crazy like that. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

4 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

I dont think I can last a whole season with McDade as commentator. Listening to him read out the team news was excruciating

It's really not though. Grow up!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Well I can’t say I’m surprised. I guess it was wishful thinking on my part that I thought we could manage this.

If we don’t get this fixed in the next 20 minutes it’s up there with 10-2.

I'm not even angry; just disappointed. 

When will we ever get something right? Is it really that hard to build and pay for enough capacity? 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Just went to the site to sign up and greeted by the 504 Gateway Timeout. Sadly and predictably it is the farce we pretty much unanimously expected. 

Mon the Ton

Just now, port-ton said:

There's no sympathy from this tonight if it doesn't work. There's no teething problems so just keep the money because the clubs need it. They've been working on this for months and the whole point of a new site was to stop this nonsense. 

They've had months to work on it but clearly any arrangements are last minute. We knew early enough there would be no fans so it should have the top priority for the club to be able to monetise match days to the absolute maximum.

The club didn't bother their arse advertising tickets or testing their capacity or even really think about it until a couple of days ago.

This is the least surprising Morton fuck up of all time really.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg