Ton Tv - Page 47 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

Normally I couldn't think of anything less interesting, but you do wonder if there's a Covid protocol problem related to that if everyone is mixing training gear. It should be clean so it shouldn't matter, but we're probably already breaking rules by making the video.

The rhetoric when the media were discussing the Dundee Utd team photo yesterday centred around the fact that football has special dispensation not to follow full social distancing measures but only when on the pitch. They should be following the same rules as everyone else at all other times.

Clear breaches in that video.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even at youth football level, players are only (partially) exempt from distancing rules when actually on the pitch. At half time players are supposed to distance, as are subs while on the bench. Coaches should keep 2m apart from each other and from players. Doesn’t really happen, but there are rules that are meant to be followed. Watching games on tv, there are constant incidences of flouting of the rules.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

7 hours ago, Alibi said:

Even at youth football level, players are only (partially) exempt from distancing rules when actually on the pitch. At half time players are supposed to distance, as are subs while on the bench. Coaches should keep 2m apart from each other and from players. Doesn’t really happen, but there are rules that are meant to be followed. Watching games on tv, there are constant incidences of flouting of the rules.

Don't disagree. SPFL looking a bit stupid right now with their appeals to the Scottish Government and insisting that clubs have 'followed protocols to the letter'.

Dundee Utd and Celtic being shown up about it over the weekend. Clubs need to have a think about what they are putting out there.

10 hours ago, Alibi said:

Watching the PL games this weekend gave me grave reason for concern and getting crowds back.

Don't  seem to be 2M apart, all stuffed into one section and good few disguard their masks and bellow out support.

Nicky viewing this will kick us into touch.

I understand nobody like rules but this will not help our case.

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Don't disagree. SPFL looking a bit stupid right now with their appeals to the Scottish Government and insisting that clubs have 'followed protocols to the letter'.

Dundee Utd and Celtic being shown up about it over the weekend. Clubs need to have a think about what they are putting out there.

Speaking of which...

If you're going to breach protocols to appear in the council's Christmas video, don't be stupid enough to draw attention to it by tweeting a still image when no one would have been sitting through that pish to catch you out.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Absolute cert that they’ll find a way to pin it on the fans for pointing out their monumental stupidity on social media, rather than themselves for advertising their monumental stupidity through social media.

What a club.

1 hour ago, pink_panther said:

The carry on with Ceptic fannies will stop will give wee Nicola more ammunition to stop crowds coming back

Celtic breaching protocol by having a squad photo shoot doesn't help either.

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

Speaking of which...

If you're going to breach protocols to appear in the council's Christmas video, don't be stupid enough to draw attention to it by tweeting a still image when no one would have been sitting through that pish to catch you out.

Idiotic. 

They really don't want fans back at Cappielow, do they?

• 1 month later...

2 game package for Dunfermline and Raith home games.

https://www.gmfc.net/live-stream-2-game-package-available-now/

Charging a reduced price of £7 for Dunfermline because BBC Scotland will be showing the game for free. I think they'll be lucky to get a double figure uptake on this particular donation.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Can't really see anyone within the BBC Scotland coverage area pay money for a stream .  Can you get BBC Scotland online from abroad?  If so, why would anyone pay for a stream?

I assume the BBC coverage will be done from the Cowshed rather than the old stand?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

As far as I can find out, BBC Scotland is not available in Canada, so,  I for one will be subscribing. Also, being overseas, I don't have to watch it live. I can view anytime, up to 10 days (iirc) after matchday. Not sure if that's an option for UK subscribers.

13 minutes ago, Waverley said:

As far as I can find out, BBC Scotland is not available in Canada, so,  I for one will be subscribing. Also, being overseas, I don't have to watch it live. I can view anytime, up to 10 days (iirc) after matchday. Not sure if that's an option for UK subscribers.

My brother is in Toronto, said he seen it advertised and that he'd watch it.

He maybe has a fire stick or something,but I know he's watched our games on Alba in the past.

On 1/12/2021 at 1:23 PM, Alibi said:

Can't really see anyone within the BBC Scotland coverage area pay money for a stream .  Can you get BBC Scotland online from abroad?  If so, why would anyone pay for a stream?

I assume the BBC coverage will be done from the Cowshed rather than the old stand?

Couldn't watch without Gerry and Andy's patter. Or maybe described as politically incorrect use of the English language. 

Maybe do BBC video and Ton TV audio. It's part of the season ticket package anyway.

Aye, the streamed commentary will be better than the BBC one, which will contain frequent references to any possible bigot brothers connections in both teams.  A bit like the way any world cup game covered by the BBC mentions 1966 within ten seconds of kick off.

Archived