Ton Tv - Page 42 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Would love to know what's went on that it changed to £14 then back to £16.

Someone will have had the idea to change it but some people have probably already paid £16.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

It's a sorry day for the club when fans will be more willing to put money into other clubs to watch away matches than into their own because of its rip off pricing system.. there are a lot of supporters going through hardship just now through their work not being stable, the club should realise that..

2 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Should be easy enough to find out who, and issue a credit on the next game though.

Sounds like a bit of work for someone.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

2 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I think 14 quid for the quality of the streaming product is very fair. In fact, I'd still be happy paying a bit more, given that this is probably by far the biggest cash stream coming into the club at the moment

I suspect that an expat appreciates the novelty a lot more than someone who is within walking distance of the ground though. Paying £16 or £14 makes no difference in my book: it's abysmal value for a terrible product (streamed football in general, not GMFC's production specifically). Would a band get away with charging £15 for an exclusive video stream rather than a ticket for a gig at the Barrowlands at the moment? I don't see how live football is any different as a product in the cold light of day.

Putting a wee bit more funding into our future ownership model and just watching Jeff and the boys on Saturday afternoons instead makes much more sense to me but others have a different point of view. I expect the novelty to largely wear off though and that price gouging isn't going to do GMFC any favours on that front.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

45 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I suspect that an expat appreciates the novelty a lot more than someone who is within walking distance of the ground though. Paying £16 or £14 makes no difference in my book: it's abysmal value for a terrible product (streamed football in general, not GMFC's production specifically). Would a band get away with charging £15 for an exclusive video stream rather than a ticket for a gig at the Barrowlands at the moment? I don't see how live football is any different as a product in the cold light of day.

Putting a wee bit more funding into our future ownership model and just watching Jeff and the boys on Saturday afternoons instead makes much more sense to me but others have a different point of view. I expect the novelty to largely wear off though and that price gouging isn't going to do GMFC any favours on that front.

Whether or not t4 quid is value for money isn't really the issue for me, to be honest. It's the main revenue stream for the club at the moment so I'm happy to pay it, even if the quality of the football isn't scintillating. 

27 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Whether or not t4 quid is value for money isn't really the issue for me, to be honest. It's the main revenue stream for the club at the moment so I'm happy to pay it, even if the quality of the football isn't scintillating. 

If that's the sole purpose of the exercise then I'd rather give a similar sum to MCT and oblige the club to deal with its prospective owners instead to get access to that cash. Unlike most clubs in Scotland there is actually an alternative revenue stream set up here and giving that group additional leverage is a better way of sustaining the long term interests of the club IMO. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

3 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

If that's the sole purpose of the exercise then I'd rather give a similar sum to MCT and oblige the club to deal with its prospective owners instead to get access to that cash. Unlike most clubs in Scotland there is actually an alternative revenue stream set up here and giving that group additional leverage is a better way of sustaining the long term interests of the club IMO. 

It's possible to do both

10 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

It's possible to do both

But it's clearly better to put 100% of the resources in the 'leverage over GC' stream rather than the current regime's begging bowl.

Archived