Ton Tv - Page 40 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

1 hour ago, EdinTon said:

I'm not as sure about the constant switching of the cameras, found it pretty annoying on Saturday to be honest. Prefer the wider angle.

I liked it. It was slightly jarring at moments, and there's work to do on when and when not to do it, but I thought overall it added to the quality of the footage. Taking into consideration the improvements that have been made so far (since missing half the pitch against QotS), I'm hopeful that its use will become a bit more smooth as the season goes on. 

I hope they keep using it, but assess and work on the effectiveness of its use. 

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course the real solution to the pillars is to move the the camera closer to the touchline so that you ca see the corner flags at both ends without the pillars intruding.  Realistically that would mean having the cameras on the Cowshed side where the pillars are set back slightly.  I assume there's maybe a problem with connectivity on that side of the pitch.  The workaround with the 2 cameras is a decent compromise although the colour balance changes every time they go from one to the other.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I just looked at the SPFL Match Centre website and they are offering a season ticket, for every Morton league game, for 150 GBP. Also offering a monthly (October) pass, for every Morton league game, for 12.50GBP. I'm assuming that when they say "every" game, that they are talking home and away. Can't the SPFL and the clubs work with each other to come up with a standard package throughout the league?

10 minutes ago, Waverley said:

I just looked at the SPFL Match Centre website and they are offering a season ticket, for every Morton league game, for 150 GBP. Also offering a monthly (October) pass, for every Morton league game, for 12.50GBP. I'm assuming that when they say "every" game, that they are talking home and away. Can't the SPFL and the clubs work with each other to come up with a standard package throughout the league?

For overseas fans only and using the Pixellot camera.

20 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

For overseas fans only and using the Pixellot camera.

There's a one game pass option for UK and IE at £10 per match, but when you click on the options at the moment it's only Inverness' next two home matches that are available to buy.

20 hours ago, Waverley said:

Can't the SPFL and the clubs work with each other to come up with a standard package throughout the league?

I think you know the answer to this question already.

1 hour ago, EdinTon said:

There's a one game pass option for UK and IE at £10 per match, but when you click on the options at the moment it's only Inverness' next two home matches that are available to buy.

It will only be available domestically to 'a selection of domestic fans'. Basically, it will be based on which clubs sign up to the SPFL service for domestic streaming, ie, using Pixellot.

The only Championship club using Pixellot for domestic streaming is ICT therefore they are the only ones signed up to the SPFL domestic service.

The other clubs, as they are running their own streaming service, won't be signing up for the SPFL one.

What is SPFL Match Centre and what does it offer?

Live Video: Live video coverage of games is available to all international fans, and a selection of domestic fans. This depends on each particular clubs’ agreement with the SPFL regarding the streaming of their home matches.

An appeal for volunteers

Although addressed to members, I'm sure they'd accept help from non members.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgallery.mailchimp
Dear Members,

As MCT moves towards community ownership of Morton, we have been working closely with the club behind the scenes. One of the projects with which we have been asked to provide assistance is the live streaming. As you are aware, this service has improved significantly over the last couple of games, as volunteer assistance has supplemented the club resources.

To that end we are now looking for further volunteers to make this streaming service the best in the league.

The club needs assistance with:-

1) an additional camera operator

2) an assistant director with the technical skill required to plug everything together, troubleshoot any connection to the Amazon live stream issues, configure input sources and graphics on OBS. Video and audio skills to establish the camera connections and monitor the outputs throughout the match and select cameras, play in clips and replays, and credits throughout the 2 ½ hour broadcast.

3) 2 volunteers to assist in pre-match rigging

4) 1 volunteer with the technical experience to manage scaling of the IT infrastructure pre-match including production monitoring of output and system performance

5) Customer service pre-match to deal with log-in issues etc (coupons, login problems etc)

If any MCT members have skills or experience in any of these fields, and are available to help out at the club on match days, please email us as soon as possible on communications@mortonclubtogether.co.uk with a contact phone number and details of your relevant experience.

Thank you in advanve for any support offered.

Thanks,
MCT Team
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgmail.us5.list-ma

I had a look for vip leagues but there seem to be a large number of links, some of which trigger virus protection.  Does anyone know which link to use, and are there any problems with it?  I would prefer not to give money to our opponents when we have away games.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

4), 5) and above all 2) strike me as roles that GMFC should really be paying the going rate for instead of expecting hauners from the fanbase. You're charging £14 for a product: you should be willing to pay for the required technical expertise and customer service experience to pull it off. 

On the other hand it is something of an astounding turnaround that they're focusing on all these technological details given the entire previous history of the club, not to mention their coverage getting favourable reviews from neutrals.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

33 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I think they'll be testing the water and if someone is willing to volunteer then they've saved a few Bob. If not then they'll need to fork out.

Anyone doing that assistant director role for free wants their head checked IMO.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I think they'll be testing the water and if someone is willing to volunteer then they've saved a few Bob. If not then they'll need to fork out.

They're 'saving a few bob' at the direct expense of either fans or disinterested individuals who just so happen to have the required expertise in the local area, who might just need an additional paid role to cope with the economic crisis right now. That's not the calling card of a club that wants to pass itself off as being central to its local community at all.

There is a purpose and a need for volunteers to help out with lower level tasks at any football club but it is not there for GMFC or any other professional football club to try and get away with not putting rightful employees on its payroll. Will fans be asked to run the pie stalls and do the security when they return to games as well? 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I’d maybe look a wee bit more sympathetically at the pleas of poverty and calls for volunteer help if the chairman wasn’t planning on taking the fucking stadium with him when he swans off into the sunset next summer.

9 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Anyone doing that assistant director role for free wants their head checked IMO.

8 hours ago, vikingTON said:

They're 'saving a few bob' at the direct expense of either fans or disinterested individuals who just so happen to have the required expertise in the local area, who might just need an additional paid role to cope with the economic crisis right now. That's not the calling card of a club that wants to pass itself off as being central to its local community at all.

There is a purpose and a need for volunteers to help out with lower level tasks at any football club but it is not there for GMFC or any other professional football club to try and get away with not putting rightful employees on its payroll. Will fans be asked to run the pie stalls and do the security when they return to games as well? 

Don't disagree with any if that, but of you don't ask you don't get.

To me that's what this is.

3 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Don't disagree with any if that, but of you don't ask you don't get.

To me that's what this is.

Should Tesco or that gammon-faced bawbag running Wetherspoons advertise unpaid vacancies on the same 'if you don't ask you don't get' principle? I'm sure they'd get a few applicants with more hope than good sense willing to do jobs for nothing as well.

To me that's what this is. GMFC is a business that talks about being a fabric of the local community blah blah blah whenever it files a grant for a government handout; yet here is an opportunity - as well as a practical requirement for the main product that they're selling right now - for the club to give short-term employment and experience to skilled workers in the local area and they want it done for goodwill rather than the going rate instead. Morton aren't alone among clubs in doing this but it is still completely wrong. 

59 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Should Tesco or that gammon-faced bawbag running Wetherspoons advertise unpaid vacancies on the same 'if you don't ask you don't get' principle? I'm sure they'd get a few applicants with more hope than good sense willing to do jobs for nothing as well.

To me that's what this is. GMFC is a business that talks about being a fabric of the local community blah blah blah whenever it files a grant for a government handout; yet here is an opportunity - as well as a practical requirement for the main product that they're selling right now - for the club to give short-term employment and experience to skilled workers in the local area and they want it done for goodwill rather than the going rate instead. Morton aren't alone among clubs in doing this but it is still completely wrong. 

Again I don't disagree

Archived