Ton Tv - Page 39 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

Hearts are still to confirm their price, but of the nine announced so far we're the most expensive in the division.

£9.99 - ICT

£10 - Arbroath, QoS

£12 - Alloa, Dunfermline, Raith

£12.50 - Ayr, Dundee

I know Gerry mentioned categories as if £14 would the cheapest price and other games would be more expensive, but there’s surely no way they can justify going higher than that when looking at the rest of the division. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of tiered pricing, above all else it'll guarantee no away fans buy it if we're marking up what's already the highest price in the division based on the opposition. They'll make less than they would with a flat rate through away fans feeling ripped off and refusing to buy on a point of principle if we punt the price up for clubs with more fans.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely don't mind £14, especially considering you can split it between mates (once we are allowed) that isn't possible if you're buying a ticket to attend the game. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Watching this on the firestick on the TV and it looks absolutely fine so far. Big upgrade from watching last two games on laptop. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

11 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Watching this on the firestick on the TV and it looks absolutely fine so far. Big upgrade from watching last two games on laptop. 

I’m doing the same. Had a few bouts of buffering but that could well be an issue with Virgin Media rather than the stream itself.

Gerry McDade could do with saying ‘tries to’ a little less often

Have to say, I'm very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the live streaming coverage. Gerry and Andy compliment each other very well. Andy's observations are insightful and entertaining, I'm really enjoying it, and the picture quality, even when casting onto the big telly, is very good. Compliments to all involved. 

On 10/16/2020 at 9:16 AM, so72 said:

Whilst I get where you are coming from, younger football supporters are more tech savvy and, if they want to watch a match at 3pm, they'll do so on hesgoal, vipleague etc. The way they consume football content is already changing with more and more of them preferring to get their football content in short packages from youtube, twitter, tiktok and instagram. Moreover, you have young people now who support players rather them teams and only watch big competitions.

If we want to attract new fans then the best way to do so is by having high quality content online. Look at the following Roma, Leverkusen and then even St Anthonys are amassing online by having content on twitter aimed at young people. 

Untimately, clubs who don't try and diversify their income and increase their online presence are going to struggle over the next decade and that was already the case pre-covid. If we are going to increase our numbers through the gates then its going to have to come through improving the experience. Making it a better day out for people and trying to be unique is the way to go imo.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:21 AM, vikingTON said:

UxPmK8H.jpg

St. Anthony's, as in, the Ants fae Govan!?!

What are they doing so successfully that we aren't?

ETA: 

I done a YouTube search on the Ants and found several videos of varying quality, but what appears to be the official club match highlights are ruined by including a soundtrack of really shite music, mostly of a happy hardcore variety.  That was really off-putting to me.  When watching football, I like hearing the noise of the crowd, or in recent times the shouts from the dug-out, the players etc.  I like it to be organic, spontaneous even.  Even if there are no big crowds at Football just now, it has a natural ambiance. 

My conclusion is that Morton have nothing to learn in that respect from St. Anthony's.

*insert signature here*

33 minutes ago, capitanus said:

St. Anthony's, as in, the Ants fae Govan!?!

What are they doing so successfully that we aren't?

ETA: 

I done a YouTube search on the Ants and found several videos of varying quality, but what appears to be the official club match highlights are ruined by including a soundtrack of really shite music, mostly of a happy hardcore variety.  That was really off-putting to me.  When watching football, I like hearing the noise of the crowd, or in recent times the shouts from the dug-out, the players etc.  I like it to be organic, spontaneous even.  Even if there are no big crowds at Football just now, it has a natural ambiance. 

My conclusion is that Morton have nothing to learn in that respect from St. Anthony's.

I was referring to their twitter which somehow has 10k followers because of the online friendship they have built with Roma. Was just a throwaway comment about football teams who use Twitter haha.

1 hour ago, so72 said:

I was referring to their twitter which somehow has 10k followers because of the online friendship they have built with Roma. Was just a throwaway comment about football teams who use Twitter haha.

Which other parts of your post about the key commercial importance of looking zany on social media to some dweeb in Ostia or Briansk  are we to throw away? The starting position is 'all of it' btw.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 10/17/2020 at 10:30 PM, so72 said:

Morton have twice as many 'Twitter Followers' than that, even without an online 'friendship' with cheating bastards like Roma.

Go figure.

*insert signature here*

On 10/17/2020 at 3:22 PM, The Bewilderedbeast said:

The use of different cameras to avoid the pillars is good and working well.

I'm not as sure about the constant switching of the cameras, found it pretty annoying on Saturday to be honest. Prefer the wider angle.

Archived