Ton Tv - Page 31 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

Given that the takings from the game are split between the clubs (60:40 I think), if everyone is refunded there are no takings, so presumably QoS would get 40% of zilch.  Can see that going down well.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most annoying part of it is the inevitability of it all, and it reminds me of the Brora Rangers game last year. Cup upsets happen all the time, but the fact the majority of our support could see going into that we WOULD make an arse of it made it even worse.

Same kinda feeling here. Technical glitches happen, but everyone told them launching without a test was suicide and so it has proven. 

43 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

First of all unreserved apologies.

As you will imagine, we are working extensively on this matter with our IT streaming provider, and will advise all persons who purchased the stream on the Club’s decision in respect of a refund and the solutions to ensure future streams are delivered professionally.

If you could bear with us till those decisions are made clear later today, it would be appreciated.

Got exactly the same generic reply.

25 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

It'll also be interesting to see where the funds for refunding customers comes from. Is there pot of money sitting aside to cover our CEO making an absolute arse of it? 

Hopefully it'll be his annual salary, after he's been duly dismissed.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Given that the takings from the game are split between the clubs (60:40 I think), if everyone is refunded there are no takings, so presumably QoS would get 40% of zilch.  Can see that going down well.

Depends if it's based on attendance and out 'club spokesman' announced in the Tele we had over 3000 watching. I hope they are liable to hand over 40% of over 3000 tenners.

It's not just Morton's revenue they were fucking with. If I was QOS, I would have been on to the SPFL already to see what they are due.

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I've said it for months, if MacKinnon spent less time answering stupid fucking emails and more time doing his actual job, we'd be in much less of a mess.

He actively provokes all of this shite as well. As well as the rank incompetence on show, there’s just so much unnecessary drivel going on too, the “technical guru” line being a prime example; at the very least, an interested chairman would be telling him to just shut the fuck up.

Constantly pumping money into the club at this stage just isn’t helping anybody who isn’t called Rae. Everybody should be demanding refunds and not coughing up another solitary penny until they get a grip of the streaming situation, even if it isn’t the sole big issue at play.

AWMSC

7 hours ago, pink_panther said:

First of all unreserved apologies.

As you will imagine, we are working extensively on this matter with our IT streaming provider, and will advise all persons who purchased the stream on the Club’s decision in respect of a refund and the solutions to ensure future streams are delivered professionally.

If you could bear with us till those decisions are made clear later today, it would be appreciated.

Not to pile on too much but did Morton get back? There's not much of "today" to go. Hardly worth a deadline day countdown but I don't know why they'd say "today" if they didn't mean today.

EOho8Pw.png

14 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Not to pile on too much but did Morton get back? There's not much of "today" to go. Hardly worth a deadline day countdown but I don't know why they'd say "today" if they didn't mean today.

Just checked my email and nothing since the above message. I expect the full ramifications are taking longer to digest than the ceo anticipated,

8 hours ago, pink_panther said:

I've requested my dough back and cancelled my MCT. the whole place is a shambles

I'm glad MCT put a statement out nice and early because they must be concerned about the knock-on effects of the past few days. The more people become completely scunnered by Morton continuing to be Morton, the more people will have second thoughts that anything will ever change and will withdraw from the scheme.

My opinion is that the more people sign up for MCT, the quicker they can confirm the takeover and we will finally see some proper change, progress and accountability at the club.

And if Morton think we're overreacting to a simply technical mishap, they haven't been paying attention to the feedback from the the last 10/15/30 years (delete as appropriate).

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

10 hours ago, Alibi said:

Aye, and you'd get blackballed from the Ludge if that ever happened. :lol:

*insert signature here*

STATEMENT FROM THE CHAIRMAN

1 min ago

Streaming – Greenock Morton v Queen of the South

Everyone at the club was devastated at the failure of our match streaming service on Tuesday night which was a major let down for our loyal fans and a huge blow both reputational and financial to the club.  On behalf of the board, I would like to take the opportunity to apologise unreservedly to all affected fans.  None of the board have any expertise in the technologies required to stream matches and have employed professionals to advise and set this up for us.  Whilst we are in their hands, we equally recognise that the buck stops here!

We convened an emergency meeting of our board yesterday attended by the developers of our system and representation from MCT.  I should like to share with you the actions that are to be taken consequent upon that meeting.

Firstly, we are going to refund in full everyone who paid to stream the match.  This a major administrative task for our finance people but we will get this done as soon as humanly possible, starting Thursday, 8th October.

Secondly, the developers believe they have identified the issues that caused the problem and steps needed to correct them.  In simple terms, there are two elements to streaming a match – the ticketing/paywall system and the actual match stream.  The actual stream is a separate system operated by Amazon but access to that depends on the streaming ticketing system on our own website and it was that which failed.  That there was a potential problem with this was recognised in advance of Tuesday but steps taken to mitigate the increased volumes through it failed.

To cure the problem, we are splitting the streaming ticketing system into a separate website, optimised to handle large volumes.  In addition, instead of after purchase logging on to view the match via our website, we intend to instead issue purchasers with an email containing a link directly to the stream, thereby bypassing our website altogether.  This will ensure that anyone purchasing a stream will be able to view it irrespective of whether our website is up or down.

Finally, we need your help!  We expect to be able to run another test of the revised system details of which will be circulated as widely as possible with a view to encouraging as many fans as possible to ‘buy’ a free stream via the new ticketing site and watch the team training, probably this weekend.  Regrettably, as this is a new ticketing website, you will require to re-register which involves supplying your email address and choosing a password.  This is unavoidable and I hope you will bear with us in this regard.

We also expect to issue season ticket holders shortly with their personal access code for league matches.

I fully accept that this episode was unacceptable for our fans – and very expensive for the club – and once again apologise to all and hope that you will stick with us!

Crawford Rae

ChairmanWord

2 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Fair play, that’s a much better statement than the one yesterday. Glad they’re looking into refunds.

Not sure what else he could say although the point that people know it was coming still stands. 

Having the backup to YouTube (albeit with a poor cameraman) and changing how it works within a day or two does suggests they have someone external there that knows what their doing. 

Not sure where MacKinnon fits into the equation though - seems to be him talking to the tele yesterday that's got people's backs up too. 

"None of the board have any expertise in the technologies required to stream matches and have employed professionals to advise and set this up for us" is not a million miles from "we're not technical gurus." Perhaps it was our esteemed and laudable Chairman mouthing off to the Tele yesterday?

AWMSC

Archived