Ton Tv - Page 28 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

Wouldn’t put it past them to have the nerve or to ask people not to take one/defer it to the next game if they do offer refunds.

MacKinnon’s coat has to be on a shoogly peg, everything he’s touched has been a mess but this particular issue is a catastrophe and could cost the club a huge amount of money. It was clear as day what was going to happen, and even if the site hadn’t predictably crashed, the quality on offer is absolutely appalling. It’s so far beyond acceptable.

AWMSC

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

From what I’m hearing, I wouldn’t hold your breath for refunds... 

Would be interesting to see how PayPal would react to a buyer claim in this instance. Not getting ahead of myself here, will wait to see what the club does. 

EOho8Pw.png

5 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Would be interesting to see how PayPal would react to a buyer claim in this instance. Not getting ahead of myself here, will wait to see what the club does. 

Even if we go down the “Here’s the next game for free” route, we’d still need to refund QOS supporters anyway.

1 hour ago, Waverley said:

Being a cup-tie, are Queens due a share of the proceeds?

Yes, it's split.

Wonder if they are due their split before or after refunds?

Also, I am sure it is a breach of the rules to just bang it on free play on YouTube. Did we get that cleared before doing it?

Nearly 3000 people watching at one point, significantly more than would have paid. Banter if Morton have to treat them all as paying customers and pay out to QOS on that basis (like clubs who are giving a freebie to season ticket holders).

You can usually laugh off Mortons errors as so bad they're funny and we've learned to morbidly laugh at ourselves over the years, but not this time. 

We are in the middle of a pandemic and our only regular sources of income are fans buying streaming subscriptions, fans paying monthly to MCT and fans buying merchandise. 

We are almost literally all this club has at the moment at a time when they've never needed us more and anything this catastrophically bad that disenfranchises fans this much and costs us much needed income cannot just swept under the carpet as just Morton being Morton. 

I cannot stress enough how much the club needs to do better, and I say this as someone who regularly defends their gaffes and have praised Mackinnon previously on multiple occasions. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

7 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Our only live test involved that camera.

McKinnon did say something about not being happy with the quality of pixilated cameras that were installed and choose not use diff system. If that is it I’m out. Like watching scotsport highlights from the 80s 

2 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

After tonight's omnishambles, Hopkin/MacKinnon better not even think about moaning about the budget in another one of those fucking videos. 

Tell ye whit, if I was Hopkin I'd be absolutely beeling at the club for not getting it right as it'll affect his budget.

21 minutes ago, port-ton said:

You can usually laugh off Mortons errors as so bad they're funny and we've learned to morbidly laugh at ourselves over the years, but not this time. 

We are in the middle of a pandemic and our only regular sources of income are fans buying streaming subscriptions, fans paying monthly to MCT and fans buying merchandise. 

We are almost literally all this club has at the moment at a time when they've never needed us more and anything this catastrophically bad that disenfranchises fans this much and costs us much needed income cannot just swept under the carpet as just Morton being Morton. 

I cannot stress enough how much the club needs to do better, and I say this as someone who regularly defends their gaffes and have praised Mackinnon previously on multiple occasions. 

You're on fire today. If I was in Scotland I'd give you a flag. 

EOho8Pw.png

They can’t surely think it’s acceptable to stream every home game with that camera quality. It’s absolutely woeful and I certainly won’t be paying to watch it. If we don’t have someone capable then there must be loads of film students desperate for a bit of experience. It’s not an ideal scenario but one that would give the paying customer a deservedly better product. 

18 minutes ago, Scott said:

They can’t surely think it’s acceptable to stream every home game with that camera quality. It’s absolutely woeful and I certainly won’t be paying to watch it. If we don’t have someone capable then there must be loads of film students desperate for a bit of experience. It’s not an ideal scenario but one that would give the paying customer a deservedly better product. 

Wouldn't have had an issue with the quality but the operation of the camera was a farce.

I did wonder why for the live test, they used s smaller area of the pitch either side of the centre circle. Obviously didn't test the could actually see the whole pitch. Moronic.

Might just be me, but what a great advert for MCT taking over the club. The more people that pledge, the sooner we can get new owners and a properly run club that listens to its supporters and actively engages with its local community.

Tonight was absolutely farcical and sadly absolutely predictable. It really, really shouldn't be this hard.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

6 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Yes, it's split.

Wonder if they are due their split before or after refunds?

Also, I am sure it is a breach of the rules to just bang it on free play on YouTube. Did we get that cleared before doing it?

Nearly 3000 people watching at one point, significantly more than would have paid. Banter if Morton have to treat them all as paying customers and pay out to QOS on that basis (like clubs who are giving a freebie to season ticket holders).

No idea of the impact of youtube on that, but yeah it's the usual cup rules where the away club receives 40% of the income.

At least we'll make money out of the St Mirren and Partick home supports, because no away fan is going to be buying a stream from Morton again after last night until they issue a grovelling apology, a full refund, an explanation of why this happened, how they'll prevent it happening again then successfully demonstrate a working stream with vastly superior camera work to last night. Even if the the website itself had worked without a hitch, fans would be entirely in their rights to be asking the question over refunds with a camera that couldn't see the whole pitch and missed two goals. No Morton fan should be giving them a penny either until all of the above has been done.

If the club genuinely intend to avoid giving out refunds here, they have absolutely no grasp of the reputational damage they've caused themselves.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

A minor point in this bourach: Why does the camera have to be located so far back? Surely it could be more level with the posts so that it could pan right round to the corners without the posts blocking the view. They might even try putting up a temporary platform, especially as there are no spectators and presumably no directors in the directors box. If that camera was manually operated, what was the problem with never panning to the corner at the Sinclair St end? Why could they not get the touch line in? It was as if the camera was a robot camera that got fooled by the posts. How they even missed 2 goals was comical.

Mckinnon seems to find such incompetence acceptable. Maybe helps explain the Ramsbottom signing.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Agree with the refund calls- there has to be refunds issued as standard. Not as credit for the Queen’s Park game, no begging bowl out saying we’re strangling the club of their only source of income if we want our money back, no sympathy votes, nothing.

Over the summer they’ve asked to keep our season ticket money from last season, and as far as I know most folk have been okay with that. They’ve ran staffing down to a minimum through the pandemic instead of speculating to accumulate, they’ve told of their plans to retain the club’s only major asset when it’s sold onto MCT, they’ve asked us to buy season tickets even though there’s a chance we won’t get into games, they’ve asked us to shell out for streams that we warned them would likely fail and duly did.

The sympathy card has been used far too often now, it’s about time we got the same commitment from the club as they’re asking from us. If it costs Cutbacks Crawford a few quid then tough shit. Tesco wouldn’t put up with him supplying them a crap batch of sweeties and it’s about time we stopped putting up with it just because it’s Morton.

Can only really reiterate what everyone else said about the actual footage. Gherry and Andy were fine in commentary. A few mistakes here and there and some shite patter thrown in for a bit of flavour, but you get that from every commentary team. Never mind failing to test the stream properly, what about the unmanned camera? That should’ve been tested at the Livingston game last week, but all we saw was a replay of Slakeld’s goal from the “Wee Dub”.

Whilst Crawford’s disinterest in the club is one of the major factors here, MacKinnon also has to look at his role. He’s cut things to an absolute minimum to the extent that he’s doing most of it himself. I don’t doubt he’s putting in long hours and that it’s a bit of a thankless task at times, but if you take the decision to run things with minimal help and a reduced range of skills, you’ll get found out sooner rather than later.

This is just another turnstiles fiasco. They’ve put something together without due diligence and just decided that “that’ll do” rather than asking how they can do it right. Lo and behold, the cracks have appeared immediately. More than three years later there are still loads of flaws with the turnstiles, would anyone expect any different from the streams if MCT don’t start holding folk to account the way the current regime haven’t?

Archived