Ton Tv - Page 27 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

Just now, Madton said:

Looking forward to seeing what the club has to say on this.An absolute disaster even by Morton's standards 

I had a few non Morton mate's watching that and they were cringing.

Only positive was the picture quality was decent and the commentary was fine, albeit Gerry did screw up a few times.

Big week ahead. Fully expect subscriptions to carry on to next week.

Anything short of a full refund isn't acceptable. I'm not willing to let them hold onto my tenner in the hope that they might have it working for the next home game. They can demonstrate the product first, then I'll pay for it. Once bitten, twice shy.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I wouldn’t like to have to answer the Cappielow phone tomorrow 

No doubt Brendan will have to take all the flak whilst the decision makers hide from any responsibility. 

Once we finally got there the commentary was pretty good, enjoyed listening to Andy. The less said about the camera footage the better, 

Regarding the players, McLean and McGinty are still not good enough, far too error prone even against a poor Queens side. Omar is never a RB and shouldn’t play there ever again. Muirhead is still pish, and has the haircut to match now. Mcpake looks good, very direct and skilful. We’re still really lacking a out and out goalscorer, I don’t see any players we have currently getting over 10 goals. 

6 minutes ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Once we finally got there the commentary was pretty good, enjoyed listening to Andy. The less said about the camera footage the better, 

Regarding the players, McLean and McGinty are still not good enough, far too error prone even against a poor Queens side. Omar is never a RB and shouldn’t play there ever again. Muirhead is still pish, and has the haircut to match now. Mcpake looks good, very direct and skilful. We’re still really lacking a out and out goalscorer, I don’t see any players we have currently getting over 10 goals. 

I felt bad for him. The odd spark of good play going forward but he looked hung out to dry playing there.

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I’ve just emailed asking for a refund and suggested that everyone should get next weeks game free of charge on top.

Won’t hold my breath though.

Tonight almost made Scott look professional.

I've been very patient with the club over the last couple of years, but tonight was just a total shambles, and I want my money back. Enough is enough.

Just now, Deego said:

image.png

As someone who hasn't signed up to MCT, it's really reassuring to see this and I think it's brilliant that they're calling the club out for their shite.

I was on the MCT AGM call last week, and when someone asked a question about the new website, the eye rolling amongst the panel hosting the call was there for all to see. I think they're as pissed off about it the rest of us.

MCT are in a difficult situation. If their relationship with the club sours then presumably all manner of wrenches could be thrown into the takeover machine. From the outside looking in, it also seems that they have a genuinely good relationship with the club and there is mutual appreciation between them. They aren't a body who immediately rush to issue statements whenever something minor comes up. They've been supportive - perhaps to a fault - of the current setup at Cappielow. Definitely not a bunch of complainers or statement factories.

So for them to issue such a statement, one so factual but also so clearly disappointed with tonight's undertaking, needs to be taken crystal fucking clearly by the Morton brass.

MacKinnon may be able to shrug off people giving them pelters on Twitter as just super-fans being mad on the internet. In such a case they can say, "och, it's hard, this streaming stuff, it's just one of those things, gies a break, we'll get it right next time."

But if MCT, the knights in shining armor for the current regime, say it? Then the club need to listen. They need to be humble. They need to coolly and honestly accept that MCT are correct: this snafu was not only unacceptable but clearly and obviously foreseeable. The club failed to account for a proper test case. They club failed to listen to the blaring alarm bells that many people (including MCT) had been setting off. The club blithely assumed, for the billionth time this year, that everything would just be fine and people needed to relax.

Kudos to MCT for saying what they needed to at a time like this, and with a good balance of the professionalism of their organization but also the disappointment of supporters.

EOho8Pw.png

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

MCT are in a difficult situation. If their relationship with the club sours then presumably all manner of wrenches could be thrown into the takeover machine. From the outside looking in, it also seems that they have a genuinely good relationship with the club and there is mutual appreciation between them. They aren't a body who immediately rush to issue statements whenever something minor comes up. They've been supportive - perhaps to a fault - of the current setup at Cappielow. Definitely not a bunch of complainers or statement factories.

So for them to issue such a statement, one so factual but also so clearly disappointed with tonight's undertaking, needs to be taken crystal fucking clearly by the Morton brass.

MacKinnon may be able to shrug off people giving them pelters on Twitter as just super-fans being mad on the internet. In such a case they can say, "och, it's hard, this streaming stuff, it's just one of those things, gies a break, we'll get it right next time."

But if MCT, the knights in shining armor for the current regime, say it? Then the club need to listen. They need to be humble. They need to coolly and honestly accept that MCT are correct: this snafu was not only unacceptable but clearly and obviously foreseeable. The club failed to account for a proper test case. They club failed to listen to the blaring alarm bells that many people (including MCT) had been setting off. The club blithely assumed, for the billionth time this year, that everything would just be fine and people needed to relax.

Kudos to MCT for saying what they needed to at a time like this, and with a good balance of the professionalism of their organization but also the disappointment of supporters.

This is spot on. They've made a cunt of it and have no excuses. Sometimes you need to hold your hands up.

I'm really not expecting the service to be perfect and understand we're not signing up to Sky Sports here but come on to fuck - they were told the website would go down. Everyone knew it would happen. I'd even cut them a bit of slack if they ran a couple of tests that went smoothly (actual test events, not streaming some weird spy cam pish) and it just so happened to go pear-shaped tonight, but they never even bothered their arse.

If there's a genuine excuse for that farce tonight I'd love to hear it.

I'd like to see the club issue a statement tonight or first thing tomorrow morning apologising to supporters and offering full refunds to anyone who paid for the service. That was an absolute clusterfuck and the people inside the club who were tasked with overseeing the new website and it's streaming capability should be answering some very difficult questions. This is the club's primary source of income for the foreseeable future and we've absolutely fucked it. In a League Cup group that generates so much interest, with St Mirren, Partick Thistle and the Serpent XI in it, this could have generated a solid amount of revenue. But alas, that was not the case. 

I fucking hate Morton sometimes.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived