Ton Tv - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

35 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Unpopular opinion but there's a bit of unfairness going on there.

If that was Brendan or previously Euan replying to individual tweets from their own account it would be met with 'commendable, great credit to the club' but for Gerry it's unprofessional.

On the other hand, when replying to tweets with the official account last week, it was also met with claims of being unprofessional?

Not trying to defend the guy, but seems a tad unfair, as contentious as the subject matter is.

You’ve made up the situation where Ewan or Brendan are replying so you can’t compare that as it’s not real. Callum of CFB got a lot of slack for using the Morton Twitter account to promote his own account so you could compare from that.

Don’t think it’s unfair at all to expect the official club comms to be coming from the club, he’s retweeting himself but Morton have 19.9k followers while Gerry only has 1.5k...

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Renfrew said:

1. You’ve made up the situation where Ewan or Brendan are replying so you can’t compare that as it’s not real.

2. Callum of CFB got a lot of slack for using the Morton Twitter account to promote his own account so you could compare from that.

3. Don’t think it’s unfair at all to expect the official club comms to be coming from the club, he’s retweeting himself but Morton have 19.9k followers while Gerry only has 1.5k...

1. Nope, genuine past comments on here.

2. Different. The Celtic fan's criticism was because he was promoting and driving his podcast account, using Morton for personal gain, not his own social account. Now if Gerry was using it to push a Gherry's Hhaircuts account...

3. There has been some official stuff posted on his (TonTV videos) which is rightly not on. But these aren't official updates, they are replies saying official updates coming soon. Again, there was criticism last week because he used the Morton account for that sort of reply. Does he have to set up a third account named Morton Customer Service or something?

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

1. Nope, genuine past comments on here.

2. Different. The Celtic fan's criticism was because he was promoting and driving his podcast account, using Morton for personal gain, not his own social account. Now if Gerry was using it to push a Gherry's Hhaircuts account...

3. There has been some official stuff posted on his (TonTV videos) which is rightly not on. But these aren't official updates, they are replies saying official updates coming soon. Again, there was criticism last week because he used the Morton account for that sort of reply. Does he have to set up a third account named Morton Customer Service or something?

1. Didn’t see any news coming from their accounts and neither complaints of it so can’t comment on that

2. There’s been posts here or on Twitter (I’ll find it soon enough) of the opinion that Gerry is using the role for personal gain hence the retweeting himself rather than just posting as the club to begin with

3. The unprofessional comment you’re referring to is when Gerry, as the club, effectively said “I don’t know”... I don’t think it’s unfair to expect club statements to firstly be from the club directly and secondly definitive statements

13 minutes ago, Renfrew said:

2. There’s been posts here or on Twitter (I’ll find it soon enough) of the opinion that Gerry is using the role for personal gain 

3. The unprofessional comment you’re referring to is when Gerry, as the club, effectively said “I don’t know”... I don’t think it’s unfair to expect club statements to firstly be from the club directly and secondly definitive statements

Maybe he is or maybe people are more sensitive to it after the Callum debacle but certainly less blatant than using a business/service account than a personal one.

But these aren't club statements. It is acknowledging comments and queries and saying they are being picked up and answers will be sought. Basic customer service that can be found on most business socials to be fair.

Just saying there's a bit of damned if you do. No replies? Criticism. Replies using Morton account? Criticism. Replies using own account? Criticism.

I am usually first to negatively comment on most of the official posts on twitter due to the content or lack of info or facepalm moments, but just think this current line of conversation is harsh and takes away from the main issue, that we are a few days away from the first game and the club haven't got their finger out.

Anyway, on that, official statement due today (likely posted from the Official account, being an actual statement and all). If not, then I retract everything and open fire.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Maybe he is or maybe people are more sensitive to it after the Callum debacle but certainly less blatant than using a business/service account than a personal one.

But these aren't club statements. It is acknowledging comments and queries and saying they are being picked up and answers will be sought. Basic customer service that can be found on most business socials to be fair.

Just saying there's a bit of damned if you do. No replies? Criticism. Replies using Morton account? Criticism. Replies using own account? Criticism.

I am usually first to negatively comment on most of the official posts on twitter due to the content or lack of info or facepalm moments, but just think this current line of conversation is harsh and takes away from the main issue, that we are a few days away from the first game and the club haven't got their finger out.

Anyway, on that, official statement due today (likely posted from the Official account, being an actual statement and all). If not, then I retract everything and open fire.

I think you've got a point but the problem, as it has been for years, is that there's no overarching marketing strategy or guidelines that everyone working for the club should follow. 

Ewan and Gerry's roles (as far as I know) are to keep social media up to date and they're both doing that in their own way. If there's no leadership or direction further up the chain then that role is always going to be open to criticism. 

37 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Good post!

Give the guy a break. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

For fucks sake :lol:

https://www.gmfc.net/morton-v-queen-of-the-south-live-streaming/

So now we have confirmation it's a tenner, but still no information whatsoever on how we purchase it, what platform and devices it'll be available on, etc.

Not to worry though, they're going to tell us "well in advance of kick-off" how to sign up. What the fuck does that mean? Will they only tell us on the morning of the game?

They really are stumbling from one utter farce to another with this. No other club in the country has made such a mess of this and it's down to incompetence rather than unprecedented circumstances.

Still haven't fixed the fixture list, by the way.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

There doesn't appear to be a  mention of Tuesday's game anywhere on the website, although there's a curious bit about a match against Queens at 2:43pm on Monday past. It's not a stretch at all to think that at least a couple of people have looked at the website over the past few days, seen nothing about the game at all and just assumed there was nothing doing; even one subscription lost to this debacle is one too many when it's so easily avoidable.

AWMSC

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

That's potentially fair but I just look at from the perspective of what you see elsewhere. @irnbru is right as well with the lack of overarching strategy (across the club, not just on the marketing side) but then you think about Motherwell and Kilmarnock. They've got ex-STV Sport employees in their marketing teams and very rarely do we see them using their own accounts to respond to fan questions and despite them having a lot of experience in front of the camera, I don't think there's been any video content where their faces have appeared. Compare that to Gherry so far...

Our videos should be all about the players (or manager or coaches). They're the story. Not Gherry. 

It's fine for him to respond to fans saying he's going to look into something, but for him to be the one saying they'll be no streaming tests ahead of Tuesday or posting out the interviews for the club to then share those Tweets rather than posting their own ones, that's a problem for me.

5 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

So now we have confirmation it's a tenner, but still no information whatsoever on how we purchase it, what platform and devices it'll be available on, etc.

"Tuesday night’s Betfred Cup game against Queen of the South will be streamed live across our media platform"

I take that to mean the games will be streamed to TonTV on YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

"Tuesday night’s Betfred Cup game against Queen of the South will be streamed live across our media platform"

I take that to mean the games will be streamed to TonTV on YouTube.

We’re charging for it so that’s not happening.

21 minutes ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

You get ppv concerts on YouTube and you can pay for films etc.

Why not Morton games?

Genuine question, I'm not at the madam.

Because there are rules for spfl streaming, including it being behind a subscription login just for the streaming and also blocked from having an account logged in on more than one device. Unlikely to set up YouTube to comply.

6 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

For fucks sake :lol:

https://www.gmfc.net/morton-v-queen-of-the-south-live-streaming/

Not to worry though, they're going to tell us "well in advance of kick-off" how to sign up. What the fuck does that mean? Will they only tell us on the morning of the game?

They really are stumbling from one utter farce to another with this. No other club in the country has made such a mess of this and it's down to incompetence rather than unprecedented circumstances.

Still haven't fixed the fixture list, by the way.

That statement for statement's sake is wild.

45 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Because there are rules for spfl streaming, including it being behind a subscription login just for the streaming and also blocked from having an account logged in on more than one device. Unlikely to set up YouTube to comply.

Thanks for that.

So before Tuesday evening we're going to have to get registered and make our £10 payments to a standalone streaming service which doesn't as yet exist. What could possibly go wrong?

Archived