Ton Tv - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Can I shock you? I don’t mind Gerry, and think he’s doing a pretty good job so far. I’m not particularly arsed about his allegiances. 

31 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

I don't really know much about him either. Wasn't it the case that he worked with Celtic, as opposed to actively supported/supports them?

Personally, i think it's a massive upgrade!

Can't have our cake and eat it

I’ve said a few times he boils my piss, and boil my piss he does. Unfortunately, if you want to appoint someone to a role such as his, with the necessary experience, narrowing it down to just Morton fans is severely limiting your pool of options.

He’s probably the most suited person for the job (given how poorly they treated Jonathan and he wouldn’t go back for a king’s ransom) but that doesn’t stop me disliking him. If a David Tanner or Alex Rae is talking, I immediately switch off, and the same applies to Gherry.

I’m not calling for the guy to be emptied the way I was Callum, but I simply won’t be listening.

The difference between Gherry and Callum is that in one case the club were looking for an experienced broadcaster to work on their media channels, whilst in the other, they were providing an opportunity to a young, ambitious broadcaster to get his name out there. You only have to look at the names on contributing to Dean’s new podcast to realise that there are enough young Morton fans, such as yourself, Ewan and Cammy who could’ve benefited from that opportunity. Of course, Callum’s behaviour in trying to snake a job didn’t help either, but in providing that opportunity to a Morton fan, rather than a Celtic fan, the club would’ve, in my eyes at least, been doing an excellent deed in helping their own, instead of allowing themselves to be used for the benefit of someone who wanted their name for his own gain.

Same could be said for many clubs. I'm pretty sure Clive Tyldesley isn't a staunch Rangers fan, but a good fit for the job. 

I prefer to take our content on its own merits and for years we've been crying out for someone with the ability to actually produce/conduct/edit basic interviews. Seems we have it now. 

As an aside, i see Callum Football CFB was posting on twitter yesterday saying he was in  a position to confirm that we WOULD NOT be signing A. Stokes. Award winning Intel!

TIME FOR CHANGE!

1 minute ago, TONofmemories said:

Same could be said for may clubs. I'm pretty sure Clive Tyldesley isn't a staunch Rangers fan, but a good fit for the job. 

I prefer to take our content on its own merits and for years we've been crying out for someone with the ability to actually produce/conduct/edit basic interviews. Seems we have it now. 

As an aside, i see Callum Football CFB was posting on twitter yesterday saying he was in  a position to confirm that we WOULD NOT be signing A. Stokes. Award winning Intel!

But that’s my point- I’m taking Gherry on his own merits as a broadcaster, rather than a Celtic fan. He does my tits in in a similar way to how David Tanner does, so I don’t listen to him.

If the club, and the support in general are happy with it then good on them. I don’t watch I’m a Celebrity because I think Ant and Dec are both nauseating, so similar applies to The Morton Weekly Update. I’m only one of 1500 or so folk they have to cater for though, so if I don’t like it and the majority do, then it’s all good for Morton. I’ll just find out what’s said later on from you lot on here.

I’m not sure why he always has to be in front of the camera. It makes the interview about him as well as the player, manager or staff member, when it should be solely about who he’s interviewing and what they have to say. 

Not sure you see the media teams at the likes of Hibs or Motherwell camera side when they interview players. 

9 hours ago, Ton4life said:

What's the update on Ton TV access for season ticket holders and single game users.

New site launched no tag for Ton TV.

Media section just seems to be Utube videos.

Could have given us some promotional preseason games.

The system isn't ready yet  calm doon.

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

The system isn't ready yet  calm doon.

Shouldn't it be? The cameras arrived on the 25th August according to the club's Twitter account. 

About 2 weeks to go until our first competitive home match, would like to think it's been installed and there's at least a couple of tests being planned to see how it works. If there's any issues I'm sure they'll then need investigated.

Watched a bit of Stenny v Dunfermline on Saturday on Facebook and I think it was their Pixellot camera that was doing the filming. Was a bit jolty.

So you'd like to think it's ready to go and there's plans to test it out...

19 minutes ago, EdinTon said:

Shouldn't it be? The cameras arrived on the 25th August according to the club's Twitter account. 

About 2 weeks to go until our first competitive home match, would like to think it's been installed and there's at least a couple of tests being planned to see how it works. If there's any issues I'm sure they'll then need investigated.

Watched a bit of Stenny v Dunfermline on Saturday on Facebook and I think it was their Pixellot camera that was doing the filming. Was a bit jolty.

So you'd like to think it's ready to go and there's plans to test it out...

Well, seeing as it's being installed in most grounds simultaneously, they will have a schedule to go through.

Cameras in. Fibre for it was only starting being installed last week in grounds apparently.

Once it's ready, the info will come out.

Agree on the test events though. Supposedly takes a few goes for it to calibrate, to help eliminate the jolting.

That wee pause between McTear's and The Auctioneers is mildly infuriating.

Also a WEE HINT that McPake might not be the last signing, he'd better fucking not be while we're still about 5 defenders short.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I know this thread has largely been about the Youtube content, but it seems the appropriate place to talk about match streaming as well. I really hope they're planning to do a test run of streaming with at least one friendly before competitive games start, both to see how whatever domain we're using holds up with hundreds trying to stream at once considering our track record with websites and just as importantly how watchable the cameras make it.

The Pixellot system, which I assume we are using, has had an awful lot of negative feedback from friendlies which have been shownby other clubs. Seemingly zooming out when it should be zooming in, having terrible issues with glare, sometimes choosing to track a goalkeeper moving at the edge of his box when there's an attack going on at the other end.

The guy who produces Alloa's highlights said he basically had to recalibrate the camera by himself, with no assistance from Pixellot, as the settings were all wrong and causing a much poorer picture quality; I'd be surprised if anyone at Cappielow has the expertise to do the same. While all have had it installed, apparently most Championship clubs are choosing not to use it and will instead have someone operating a camera manually.

We can't go into a competitive game without testing this system and hoping for the best - what little revenue we can make just now is dependent on fans buying streams and if the first run is a disaster then people will decide it's not worth their time or money. Word will quickly travel among away fans as well so it won't just be Morton fans they're losing money from.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

4 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

I know this thread has largely been about the Youtube content, but it seems the appropriate place to talk about match streaming as well. I really hope they're planning to do a test run of streaming with at least one friendly before competitive games start, both to see how whatever domain we're using holds up with hundreds trying to stream at once considering our track record with websites and just as importantly how watchable the cameras make it.

The Pixellot system, which I assume we are using, has had an awful lot of negative feedback from friendlies which have been shownby other clubs. Seemingly zooming out when it should be zooming in, having terrible issues with glare, sometimes choosing to track a goalkeeper moving at the edge of his box when there's an attack going on at the other end.

The guy who produces Alloa's highlights said he basically had to recalibrate the camera by himself, with no assistance from Pixellot, as the settings were all wrong and causing a much poorer picture quality; I'd be surprised if anyone at Cappielow has the expertise to do the same. While all have had it installed, apparently most Championship clubs are choosing not to use it and will instead have someone operating a camera manually.

We can't go into a competitive game without testing this system and hoping for the best - what little revenue we can make just now is dependent on fans buying streams and if the first run is a disaster then people will decide it's not worth their time or money. Word will quickly travel among away fans as well so it won't just be Morton fans they're losing money from.

Supposedly the system takes a few goes to calibrate itself which should alleviate some of the jerkiness and tracking the wrong area. Makes it essential that there are tests and not just because Morton gonna Morton it.

Interesting you say most championship clubs aren't using it. BBC had reported that only Hearts weren't using it.

Archived