Ton Tv - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

I hadn't watched the Hopkin one yet. Here it is:

To be fair to him I don't think he's blaming the MCT donors, but it's correct to say that MCT don't (currently) own the club. The responsibility for building, or not building, a competitive squad lies with Golden Casket and not the punters.

Sticking with "Timmo" is absolute madness, he's simply not got a track record of finding Championship-level players, as was his remit. Maybe instead of slashing the player budget we could send that clown back to Tranmere.

And for fuck's sake can someone run a mic check before hitting Record?

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Initially I was diving in angrily on Hopkin, and I do think he's out of order there, but it is a credit to the players that they've been willing to take a cut and it shouldn't be an afterthought to the seething rant they've done that.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

26 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Initially I was diving in angrily on Hopkin, and I do think he's out of order there, but it is a credit to the players that they've been willing to take a cut and it shouldn't be an afterthought to the seething rant they've done that.

Probably because no one else wanted them, ( Nesbitt excluded) 

If someone was stupid enough to offer some of our dead wood more money, they would have been off in a shot but many of our squad wouldn't get a game for a Championship club and were probably buzzing just to get an offer. 

He even spoke about his disappointment at not retaining Ramsbottom, Doolan etc. 

The whole interview was really frustrating and Hopkin has no one to blame but himself if he doesn't have money left after spunking it on 4/5 players who are simply not good enough. 

Still can't believe he had the audacity to ask for more funds from MCT. 

7 hours ago, Renfrew said:

Posted to a new Ton Tv channel rather than the Greenock Morton YouTube which has 1.5 subs is a strange one

Great. So we now have three channels.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOczIunhnmOLJFoSlU36upA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGzMRO546dWKOAhYPjg5IzQ

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKgwneN_bsYZTeFWngRftSA

Do we have any more?

Just watched the hopkin interview. He isn't really saying anything that we haven't heard before - everyone is in this together, young team, relying in experience etc. Really just trying to lower expectations which I'm fine with. To a degree we need to be realistic and mindful of the current climate but it is frustrating to see us lose players to the likes of Ayr, Raith etc. Id be shocked if we didn't bring in any other players other than loans. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

15 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Just watched the hopkin interview. He isn't really saying anything that we haven't heard before - everyone is in this together, young team, relying in experience etc. Really just trying to lower expectations which I'm fine with. To a degree we need to be realistic and mindful of the current climate but it is frustrating to see us lose players to the likes of Ayr, Raith etc. Id be shocked if we didn't bring in any other players other than loans. 

Agreed, never heard him say that he wanted to keep Ramsbottom, all he did was name him in a list of players that left the club. He was never going to say something like " I'm glad to see the back of that big useless eejit, he was pish"

Nor did he plead for more MCT money, all he said was IF MCT could contribute more that would be a help.

I too think he's lowering expectations in the hope that we do better, and he's right, we have to still be a championship club come the 21/22 season and with (hopefully) new people at the helm we can push on from there.

Like others have said, I  agree it is frustrating to listen to that but, that's life. Morton are where we are and are what we are and you have to pish with the cock you've got.

9 hours ago, Deego said:

We have more YouTube channels than centre backs.

You reckon one of the YouTube channels can play right back?

4 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Agreed, never heard him say that he wanted to keep Ramsbottom, all he did was name him in a list of players that left the club. He was never going to say something like " I'm glad to see the back of that big useless eejit, he was pish"

He listed him (and Kris Doolan) as some of the 'good players that we've lost from last season' and pretty much first team starters as well, which is very much incorrect on both points. A manager hamming up their losses to the squad is pretty standard fayre but if I were Hopkin I'd be avoiding mentioning 'Sam' at all and hope that disastrous all-round signing fades into the memory quicker than you can say 'Henk van Scheik'. All it does is get people's backs up immediately and rightly so. 

Nor did he plead for more MCT money, all he said was IF MCT could contribute more that would be a help.

He didn't plead for more money but how many times did he say that if the current owners of the club could contribute then that would help as well? Why is it the job of the fans through MCT to be called out in public to just do a wee bit more to help the manager complete his first team squad when the existing stakeholders at the club are 100% responsible for this? What sort of squad would he be able to put out right now if MCT weren't funding the first team squad at all? 

I too think he's lowering expectations in the hope that we do better, and he's right, we have to still be a championship club come the 21/22 season and with (hopefully) new people at the helm we can push on from there.

Like others have said, I  agree it is frustrating to listen to that but, that's life. Morton are where we are and are what we are and you have to pish with the cock you've got.

There's a time and a place for lowering expectations though and I don't think that one month before the start of the season - when you are both trying to flog season tickets for a stream/mebbe get to a game later package as well as yet more new merchandise - is that time. I'm sure that some of the staff and players are bursting a gut to make the transition work right now but we need to see some hard reasons for optimism soon.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I’ve often had similar thoughts when watching the pre-match warm up. Why bother when we know they won’t be used during the actual match. I feel the time could have been better spent last season by having Ramsbottom stand at the corner flag and have everyone play long balls to see who could scud him the most. If we are going to hit long high balls we might as well have some accuracy drills thrown in. 

3 hours ago, Tonton Zola Moukoko said:

I’ve often had similar thoughts when watching the pre-match warm up. Why bother when we know they won’t be used during the actual match. I feel the time could have been better spent last season by having Ramsbottom stand at the corner flag and have everyone play long balls to see who could scud him the most. If we are going to hit long high balls we might as well have some accuracy drills thrown in. 

Cant tell if serious!

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Watched the interview there. Open, honest and accurate... I don’t see why anyone would have a problem with it. Financially we’re really badly off, but everyone knew that. Staying in the Championship would be a great achievement. 

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Archived