New commentary system for visually impaired - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New commentary system for visually impaired

Will it toast enough slices of medium-thick Hovis in time for the half time spread though?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I remember reading something years ago that said we were the first football club (I think in the UK IIRC) to offer commentaries for the blind.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

On 8/22/2020 at 2:24 AM, Toby said:

The drawback to this fantastic new system of course will be that the poor sods will have to listen to a good couple of hours or so of Gherry McDhade’s patter, so it’s not all good.

His patter is fuckin brutal. Went to hospitality for the Partick game in December and was subjected to his insufferable drivel non-stop, I’ll never go near it again for as long as he’s involved. 

AWMSC

11 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

His patter is fuckin brutal. Went to hospitality for the Partick game in December and was subjected to his insufferable drivel non-stop, I’ll never go near it again for as long as he’s involved. 

I believe he’s doing the commentary with Andy Ritchie from now on so hopefully there’ll be no sign of him in hospitality anyway. I had it booked for the Dundee United game in March and really didn’t fancy listening to him so I certainly hope that’s the case as we’ll be taking it up at some point this season.

If I didn’t have it sitting there I’d not be doing hospitality this season tbh- I don’t really want to be lining the chairman’s pocket any more than I have to in his last year when investment’s down to zero. If anyone thinks the MCT investment for this season is beefing up the budget they’ve got another thing coming. All it’s doing for this season is relieving him from having to invest any more than he feels is absolutely necessary.

No that's just pish because the chairman doesn't actually control the purse strings at GC: the other shareholders hold the decisive power over that. So even if Crawford Rae wanted to invest (which he almost certainly does not), the sum total being put into the club by its parent company over the coming season would still be £0. The club was expected to break even last season and the same applies to this one as well. This means that any outside investment from MCT is in fact 'beefing up the budget' because otherwise it would have to be based solely on what GMFC can bring in through gate receipts, prize money, sponsorship etc.

There is no serious alternative universe here in which GC would have jumped in to prop up a football club that their main shareholders clearly couldn't give a toss about, not least in the middle of a huge recession that poses a threat to their own business as well. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

No that's just pish because the chairman doesn't actually control the purse strings at GC: the other shareholders hold the decisive power over that. So even if Crawford Rae wanted to invest (which he almost certainly does not), the sum total being put into the club by its parent company over the coming season would still be £0. The club was expected to break even last season and the same applies to this one as well. This means that any outside investment from MCT is in fact 'beefing up the budget' because otherwise it would have to be based solely on what GMFC can bring in through gate receipts, prize money, sponsorship etc.

There is no serious alternative universe here in which GC would have jumped in to prop up a football club that their main shareholders clearly couldn't give a toss about, not least in the middle of a huge recession that poses a threat to their own business as well. 

Kl.

Archived