Sign in to follow this  
Jamie_M

Commercial Activity

12 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Sorry for my ignorance but is Gerry experienced in this field? I only watch his interviews. Also, was this job advertised?

Strange that we’ve appointed someone with no real background in the area. I like Gerry, but someone with actual PR experience might’ve made a bit more sense? Good luck to him anyway.  

So I’ve just seen this isn’t actually a PR role, we’ve let Ewan go? After the furlough/CFB mess? That’s a shanner. 

We’re doing the exact same thing again. Chucking what should be different roles into the same one to cut corners.

51 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

So I’ve just seen this isn’t actually a PR role, we’ve let Ewan go? After the furlough/CFB mess? That’s a shanner. 

We’re doing the exact same thing again. Chucking what should be different roles into the same one to cut corners.

Why on earth should there be separate and carefully demarcated roles for far from critical backroom tasks when the club doesn't even know when it will have its main source of income back again for the coming year?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Ewan posted this on Twitter a few hours ago; 

I know Ewan may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but there is a distinct smell of internal politics about this decision. Am I being cynical in suggesting that the job title given to Gerry McDade has been manufactured in such a way that nobody can claim constructive dismissal?

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

How does a part time media assistant to an experienced broadcaster (but inexperienced at what his job title suggests) fit into MacKinnon’s grand tiny budget plan? 

9 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Ewan posted this on Twitter a few hours ago; 

I know Ewan may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but there is a distinct smell of internal politics about this decision. Am I being cynical in suggesting that the job title given to Gerry McDade has been manufactured in such a way that nobody can claim constructive dismissal?

Would be incredibly easy for them to defend a constructive dismissal case on the basis that current circumstances have forced the requirement for increased media including live broadcast which they deemed warranted a more senior member of staff than a part time media assistant.

19 minutes ago, so72 said:

So, someone with very limited experience is to lead our Club TV and PR efforts. Hope he does well and enjoy his interviews but it does appesr like jobs for the boys rather than actually getting the best qualified candidate in.

Probably isn't a club more in need of experience as well since we are prone to the occassional omnishambles.

According to a quick scan of his LinkedIn, he worked for 2 years as a producer/presenter for Celtic TV, as well as doing Ads for ESPN/STV and making corporate training videos for Barr's. He's been the director of a media production company for 10 years.

What sort of experience are you looking for?

Edited by Hej
  • Upvote 2

Think Gerry is well spoken and I’m a big fan of the weekly updates however I’m disappointed that Ewan’s been let go and by the reaction to his tweet it seems like a lot are too 

31 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Why on earth should there be separate and carefully demarcated roles for far from critical backroom tasks when the club doesn't even know when it will have its main source of income back again for the coming year?

Perhaps not at the minute, that’s a fair point but ideally PR and comms should be different from whoever’s doing social media. Far from the priority at the minute I know, but we’ve caused ourself issues by bundling everything media related into the one role before.  

24 minutes ago, Hej said:

According to a quick scan of his LinkedIn, he worked for 2 years as a producer/presenter for Celtic TV, as well as doing Ads for ESPN/STV and making corporate training videos for Barr's. He's been the director of a media production company for 10 years.

Should have looked at his LinkedIn rather than other people's tweets. Cheers for clearing up. 

On 8/17/2020 at 6:53 PM, Hej said:

Alan Partridge Ton made corporate training videos for Allied Dunbar.

Perhaps the two of them could work together?

• Upvote 2

Life is a series of compromises anyway.

1 hour ago, capitanus said:

Alan Partridge Ton made corporate training videos for Allied Dunbar.

Perhaps the two of them could work together?

That’s the small talk over with. Let’s go with the thorny issue of the fee...

1 hour ago, Alan_Partridge_Ton said:

That’s the small talk over with. Let’s go with the thorny issue of the fee...

300k.  300k or we take it to Sky.

Life is a series of compromises anyway.

I think I make that the first time the club have mentioned season tickets being available since they announced that season tickets went on sale on the 27th July.

St Mirren were doing that and I was hoping we’d look into it as well. Looks good.

Fair play, this looks pretty good.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

46 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

I never noticed that today when I passed by. I was going to the opticians though

It might not have been visible. It scrolls through 4/5 different ads.

• Upvote 1