Commercial Activity - Page 103 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

Just now, thehustler said:

Dressing smart pisses me right off. On that basis Hitler would be welcomed with open arms whilst Jesus would be told to bolt! Same shit at hospitality....what is wrong with society??

Smart (or Smart-ish) Dress should be acceptable, otherwise the place will look like a queue for the Lourdes bus.

Jesus would go down a treat, turning water into wine etc.  He'd save his table a fortune.

Next.

*insert signature here*

51 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Is that what we have to reduce ourselves to if we are having a 150 year knees-up?  Sitting about in Tesco clobber?  :lol:

Seriously, Fuck that.

I draw the line at clip-on ties.

46 minutes ago, thehustler said:

Dressing smart pisses me right off. On that basis Hitler would be welcomed with open arms whilst Jesus would be told to bolt! Same shit at hospitality....what is wrong with society??

Oh aye.....100 bucs for the night plus bevvy and you want people to pay another 100 to dress "smart". What a pile of shit.

It elevates the occasion if people put the effort in. It makes it feel more special. It is also, counterintuitively, egalitarian: nobody can really upstage anyone else if there's a dress code because it means the expectations are clear and people won't feel under- or over-dressed.

Black tie is obviously an exception but people also mistake dressing smartly for dressing expensively. I generally wear slacks/chinos and a button-down collared shirt each day and these cost me significantly less than a graphic t-shirt, for example.

EOho8Pw.png