Commercial Activity - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

Suppose this is as good a place as any, new statement from Crawford:

https://www.gmfc.net/chairmans-statement/

On the eve of our first competitive match in seven months we face Queen of the South in the Betfred Cup tomorrow night at Cappielow, in a closed-door game due to the constraints placed on us by the Scottish Government.

This is also our first live-streamed game which is currently the Club’s main source of income and we hope that the supporters can get right behind us.

Gerry McDade and Andy Ritchie are giving of their time to add value to the streaming with their live commentary which is incredibly exciting and we hope you all subscribe and cheer the boys to success.

The support that we have received from MCT has been overwhelming and the fans who are currently contributing to their club must be applauded and they give us the best chance of getting through these tough times.

Given the challenges of Covid, our staff, who have been furloughed, have had a terrible time and their ongoing support has been greatly appreciated as we face the toughest battle in the history of Greenock Morton Football Club. I would like to thank them all personally and hope that we can get through this pandemic together.

I salute you all!

The Staff and Management who have returned under part-time furlough have done a magnificent job in putting together a fantastic squad of players and in Hoppy’s own words, “This is one of the best squad of players that I have had the pleasure of working with…”

I, as Chairman, have the utmost respect for the team we currently have on and off the park and I am frustrated that the lockdown has impacted on them achieving greater success. We are all privileged to have them on board but we need to stay safe and the stringent controls within Cappielow Park must continue if we are to avoid any Covid-related issues.

Cappielow is again a fortress, but under very different circumstances and apologies to anyone who has been inconvenienced as a direct result.

I cannot over-emphasise the importance of every member of staff and every Morton supporter of our Club to bond together during these horrendous times as ‘united together’ we have the ability to do something very special this season.

We hope you can all enjoy the game tomorrow night as we welcome competitive football back to Cappielow Park.

Stay safe and best wishes.

Crawford Rae

Club Chairman

Greenock Morton FC

Nothing too ground-breaking in there but again there's no actual link to where you sign up for the games. If you click Matches in the header, as you might expect, it's not in there either.

It's a fair enough statement but Crawford should be able to see that if this live streaming is the club's primary source of income then they need to make it as accessible as humanly possible. This would be like having Millions in a shop, but they're behind a secret door in the chiller aisle.

EOho8Pw.png

On 10/3/2020 at 6:07 AM, Jamie_M said:

No.

People want this stuff.20201002_210818.jpg

Are...are Morton selling a 1st Team Training Shop via Smiths which is not the actual 1st Team Training Top that is being used by the actual 1st Team!????

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

4 hours ago, hayfever said:

Are...are Morton selling a 1st Team Training Shop via Smiths which is not the actual 1st Team Training Top that is being used by the actual 1st Team!????

They’re using about 5 different training tops at this point, who knows. 

We’re getting the est 1874 range although they’re yet to mention it as well

7 hours ago, hayfever said:

Well, the est1874 ones were the official ones until they announced these new official ones but they are only selling the est1874 ones not these ones. 

They wear whatever they like to be honest including these ones, the est1874 ones and any others they pull out the box from the past decade.

10 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Well, the est1874 ones were the official ones until they announced these new official ones but they are only selling the est1874 ones not these ones. 

They wear whatever they like to be honest including these ones, the est1874 ones and any others they pull out the box from the past decade.

Yeah you still see the odd nike jumper getting used. Tinpot

On 10/1/2020 at 4:37 PM, TRVMP said:

I had a look to see how other clubs were handling the League Cup. I looked at each home team that isn't in the Premiership, since we're all starting from around the same time at the same situation.

Hardly anyone has all their ducks in a row at this point, but only Albion Rovers have (publicly) done less than us:

image.png

The 'Stream' column uses the following criteria: has the club both announced the availability of a stream for midweek, and announced a vendor/way of registering/way of getting in, even if it's not yet available? If the answer to both is yes, in they go.

If users can register in any way - such as through the purchase of a season ticket - that column is also marked as Yes.

If PPV is going to be available, it's marked as Yes. If PPV is available now with pricing, that too is marked.

If a public test has taken place or is going to take place, that is marked.

So as you can see, very few clubs are completely in a winning situation here, but of the full-time teams we alone have yet to really make a move on this. The likes of Dundee have decent streaming packages in place already for overseas viewers, but Kelty, Stirling, Montrose - these are clubs far smaller than ours but with decent systems in place already.

Albion Rovers are in a very distant last place, at least publicly. We're pretty much the same as Dumbarton.

I don't expect us to be the only team running into problems at the last minute, but we're doing ourselves no favors by being behind the curve here.

Well, misery loves company. Albion Rovers and Dumbarton have got their streams up on a site called univtec, which also seems to have gone down.

Edinburgh City got theirs working, at least.

So aye, we're in august company with "The Sons" and "The [SUBEDITOR INSERT NICKNAME HERE]s."

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, Toby said:

https://www.gmfc.net/sir-cliff-crowdies-into-cappielow/

Who in God’s name thought this was a good idea?

Suppose it's better than the Bin Laden one that showed up at Man City

19 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Now, if the tweet had said 'buy a Ray McKinnon - JUDAS crowdie' to give him it tight in your absence, they would have sold loads today.

download.jpeg

Now that's an excellent idea

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Big Bin beamed some impressive video content from his cave. Morton could use his expertise right now.

Yes, but Bin laden was notorious for not letting anyone see what was going on down near the corner flag.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."