Commercial Activity - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

Are other teams' streams going through a third-party server or directly from the clubs'? Hopefully server issues won't be a problem if it's hosted elsewhere - are the subscriptions also handled at the provider's end? If it's all all third-party I'm quietly confident it'll go okay... unless they think embedding on gmfc.net is a good idea (it's not, for us). 

Would be nice to be able to sign up - I'd have signed up for it weeks ago. I'm looking forward to it. 

Oh, and how do InterStadia season tickets work with the service? 

Several are on the same hosted solution on a totally different domain. Others are on club-hosted pages but you'd have to assume the player is iframed in. I didn't check that and I'm on my phone now.

I believe Dunfermline and St. Mirren both use Interstadia for STs but I didn't see how their logins worked. I did happen to notice that one club (I *think* Falkirk, but I could be wrong) said that they'd created streaming accounts for all their ST holders and emailed them the details. That implies that they're separate from their ST system. I'd be surprised if any lower league club was joined-up enough to have a unified login for match attendance and streaming. (That's not a criticism because I don't think anyone saw this coming.)

EOho8Pw.png

10 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Several are on the same hosted solution on a totally different domain. Others are on club-hosted pages but you'd have to assume the player is iframed in. I didn't check that and I'm on my phone now.

I believe Dunfermline and St. Mirren both use Interstadia for STs but I didn't see how their logins worked. I did happen to notice that one club (I *think* Falkirk, but I could be wrong) said that they'd created streaming accounts for all their ST holders and emailed them the details. That implies that they're separate from their ST system. I'd be surprised if any lower league club was joined-up enough to have a unified login for match attendance and streaming. (That's not a criticism because I don't think anyone saw this coming.)

Yeah, I don't think it'd be worth the development investment to make it happen either. I just wonder if they've decided on their solution. 

Is the game on Tuesday on the season ticket? I haven't bought one so no idea, just curious. 

3 hours ago, Deego said:

Yeah, I don't think it'd be worth the development investment to make it happen either. I just wonder if they've decided on their solution. 

Is the game on Tuesday on the season ticket? I haven't bought one so no idea, just curious. 

Nah, league cup isn't on the season ticket, so it will be subscription only. So we're talking several hundred signing up in the space of a couple of days, dealing with sign in issues, any gremlins in the system, etc etc. You'll know better than most that that is a very risk move.

This is 100% a guess but I'm going to assume that we're going to use the same third-party provider as some of the other clubs, and they will handle the billing and login. From what I've seen, it's fairly robust, but it does require some setup for the buyer (Morton, in this case) so that the various sign-up options make sense. I'm not at all confident that they'll do this properly, but if we go with one of these known quantities then hopefully it won't be too much of a shambles.

Then again that's doubtless what they thought about Interstadia. I still can't quite believe that they're our current vendor.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm not someone who normally criticises the club too much as I always feel that , even out with Covid19, it can't be an easy job.

However, given that it's almost four o'clock on the Friday before our first game of the season where the game is to be streamed on a system that is new to most, if not, all users, there is still no information on the club website on how to access the stream, how to pay for the stream, or when this info will be available.

Given the amount of criticism on these pages recently surely someone should be looking at the info to be posted on the website and making sure that

1) It's accurate, and 

2) Fit for publication.

Edited by The Bewilderedbeast

On 9/30/2020 at 11:01 PM, Scott said:

Is that it - two photos below the football?

https://www.smithsofgreenock.co.uk/Training-Kit-c48550709

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Training kit looks great, only Morton would have some sort of commercial deal with the strip supplier that doesn't allow them to sell any other kit. Wonder what brain box though that one up?

• Downvote 2
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

3 hours ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

Training kit looks great, only Morton would have some sort of commercial deal with the strip supplier that doesn't allow them to sell any other kit. Wonder what brain box though that one up?

Well, no. That's pretty standard. The failing would be around choosing a supplier that doesn't have all the kit people want. 

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

7 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Well, no. That's pretty standard. The failing would be around choosing a supplier that doesn't have all the kit people want. 

There’s no point of that “custom branded” strips if we can’t get a decent training range along with it. Shouldn’t be that hard to get some good trackies made with the colours blue, white and yellow, just knock off a few old Boca designs.

AWMSC

7 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I think the problem is that McTears never supplied the kit from the right manufacturer, however well intentioned it was. An unfortunate oversight no doubt. Assuming it was gifted by McTears rather than ordered by the club, that is. 

Presumably that's why the est1874 gear now has almost identical training tops for sale, but not quite as good so won't sell as well.