Commercial Activity - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

And let's just have a hat-trick of nitpicking posts. Last season's league table is wrong. Despite the fact they only included games played, GD, and points, they can't even get this right. Dundee finished 3rd ahead of Ayr, and we have it backwards. Probably someone didn't load the last games of the season. Compare our shan attempt at a table:

morton league table.png

to the SPFL's shan attempt at a table:

image.png

Now, I don't expect us to have the PPG column, as that's hugely unusual, but not having a fully-populated table on desktop; and having the wrong table... I mean, just pack it in, lads.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

13 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

And let's just have a hat-trick of nitpicking posts. Last season's league table is wrong. Despite the fact they only included games played, GD, and points, they can't even get this right. Dundee finished 3rd ahead of Ayr, and we have it backwards. Probably someone didn't load the last games of the season. Compare our shan attempt at a table:

morton league table.png

to the SPFL's shan attempt at a table:

image.png

Now, I don't expect us to have the PPG column, as that's hugely unusual, but not having a fully-populated table on desktop; and having the wrong table... I mean, just pack it in, lads.

I could never tire of seeing a League table where Partick are bottom and relegated, mind.

2 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

I like when the current website cuts off the top of a players head on the home page

Yon McGinty and McLean were fucking worse than headless chickens anyway.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

8 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

I like when the current website cuts off the top of a players head on the home page

Could be worse, they could still be silhouettes on the squad page despite having been here for 8 months like McGinty and McGuffie.

Screenshot_20200930-221040_Chrome.jpg

Aye but we didn't even get that right. We've just flat-out not loaded the final games of the season.

Our last Instagram post was the starting XI for our game against Arbroath. No, not the one at the end of the season, but the one from October 2019.

The wee YouTube box goes to the official Morton channel - alright, fine, if for some reason we're keeping that separate from Ton TV, whatever. I'm not going to stop Morton from being fucking weird and awkward about everything they do. But the last video is from over a month ago.

The HTML sitemap contains several pages that shouldn't be clickable (such as "Match not available" - maybe Alloa showed up late) and the shopping cart page. (Why do we have an HTML sitemap? Why is our XML sitemap incomplete?)

Why does the Hospitality enquiry form (called a booking on the previous page used to access it) have a field for match selection, but just say Match 1, Match 2, Match 3 on it? "Oh, because there is no hospitality, coz of COVID, TRVMP." Yeah, no shit - so why isn't that information anywhere on any hospitality page?

Our match pages have a Time field (3:00 pm), a Full Time field (90'), and a Kickoff field (3pm). The Match Day is given in date form, not week form, so it's either going to be completely redundant information (in the case of the Match Day being the same as the Date) or confusing (in the case of our, say, playing on a Wednesday if everyone else plays on the Tuesday.)

Can't even be fucked looking at the rest. Absolute fucking disgrace from McKinnon The Talking Chairman yet again.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

7 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Could be worse, they could still be silhouettes on the squad page despite having been here for 8 months like McGinty and McGuffie.

Screenshot_20200930-221040_Chrome.jpg

It would be a waste of fucking money taking a photo of him.  He'll be at BSC Glasgow Nomarks before you know it.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

1 hour ago, capitanus said:

I could never tire of seeing a League table where Partick are bottom and relegated, mind.

As Partick doon league tables go I prefer the SPFL to Morton's effort for showing them getting zero point shan points per game last season. What we need though is a table that also takes into account the three full squads that they signed to try and stave off that relegation since being papped out of the top flight. Divide their points total by three then to show their true fact-based extent of their utter humiliation.

clarkson smug face.jpg

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

They just tweeted this:

So confirmation they will be streaming, but this is not the kind of thing you do a marketing countdown with. We need details on pricing, how to buy it, where we stream it, what platforms is it available on, etc.

They really can't stop getting this kind of thing wrong.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

26 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

They just tweeted this:

So confirmation they will be streaming, but this is not the kind of thing you do a marketing countdown with. We need details on pricing, how to buy it, where we stream it, what platforms is it available on, etc.

They really can't stop getting this kind of thing wrong.

🥴

A few points here.

1) We're five days away from the QOTS game and supporters have no idea of the cost of the stream, where/how to purchase access to the stream, what platforms the steam will be available through and what devices the stream will work on.

2) Having no live test of the streaming system, and more importantly the website server, is a unacceptable combination of incompetence, complacency and laziness. We have a shite website, hosted by a shite server and we're using a new streaming service, and we're expected it to go off without a hitch?

3) Possibly the most minor of the three points - but it is still a point. Why is Gherry McDhade using his personal Twitter account to post information, and reply to fans, rather than tweeting from the club's official Twitter? We're paying him actual money to maintain and grow our Twitter audience, not the other way round. 

Tl;Dr version - Get a fucking grip MacKinnon.   

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I had a look to see how other clubs were handling the League Cup. I looked at each home team that isn't in the Premiership, since we're all starting from around the same time at the same situation.

Hardly anyone has all their ducks in a row at this point, but only Albion Rovers have (publicly) done less than us:

image.png

The 'Stream' column uses the following criteria: has the club both announced the availability of a stream for midweek, and announced a vendor/way of registering/way of getting in, even if it's not yet available? If the answer to both is yes, in they go.

If users can register in any way - such as through the purchase of a season ticket - that column is also marked as Yes.

If PPV is going to be available, it's marked as Yes. If PPV is available now with pricing, that too is marked.

If a public test has taken place or is going to take place, that is marked.

So as you can see, very few clubs are completely in a winning situation here, but of the full-time teams we alone have yet to really make a move on this. The likes of Dundee have decent streaming packages in place already for overseas viewers, but Kelty, Stirling, Montrose - these are clubs far smaller than ours but with decent systems in place already.

Albion Rovers are in a very distant last place, at least publicly. We're pretty much the same as Dumbarton.

I don't expect us to be the only team running into problems at the last minute, but we're doing ourselves no favors by being behind the curve here.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png