Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Bewilderedbeast

Season Tickets

Recommended Posts

I'm quite happy for the club not to follow Raith's particular gambit of panhandling strangers for a handout to stop 'going bankrupt' within 0.4 seconds of the season being suspended, before handing out two year deals like Skittles three months down the line, what with it being morally reprehensible and all. A 'long Covid' event would at least have the benefit of seeing that ploy explode spectacularly in that shameless outfit's faces.

Increasing season tickets should be a chief concern but doing that will depend on down to pricing them competitively and demonstrating sustainable progress on the park. Maintaining a Twitter presence isn't going to get me to part with a lot of cash up front for a camera feed, not least when the MCT scheme provides an alternative way to contribute on an ongoing basis. Moving towards the latter scheme (or a similar venture) rather than relying so heavily on direct match revenue is probably a sound move for all football clubs at this level given the events of this year anyway. 

 


The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

 

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30% of capacity is not happening. 

Our wee Nicola has the iron rod out schools first and then we will see.

Initial indications were for testing with 700 in attendance, heared Celtic/Rangers where looking for test crowds to be set at 1000.

So with 300-400 season ticket holders there is likely to be around 300 matchday tickets available.

As well as giving your track and tracing details you will have to confirm you had a pish in the Norseman prior to kick off.

Seriously the toilet capacity may dent our test capacity. Generally I avoid the toilets at home games they are the pits.

At old hampden didn't the urine flow down the terracing.

  • Downvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Showing my age, but in the early eighties/late seventies the toilet was the  wall down the side of the path from the Sinclair St entrance. As a kid that's even where the police directed me. The good old bad old days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

Showing my age, but in the early eighties/late seventies the toilet was the  wall down the side of the path from the Sinclair St entrance. As a kid that's even where the police directed me. The good old bad old days.

that was the posh part of the ground back then - having a wall lol
was just the waste ground at the back of the cowshed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of cost for attendance it's OK. Elsewhere in the thread there's  questions over whether  or not it's OK in an environment where we're being asked to also fund a fan buy out, surely that's two separate issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 10:08 AM, Ton4life said:

30% of capacity is not happening. 

Our wee Nicola has the iron rod out schools first and then we will see.

Initial indications were for testing with 700 in attendance, heared Celtic/Rangers where looking for test crowds to be set at 1000.

So with 300-400 season ticket holders there is likely to be around 300 matchday tickets available.

As well as giving your track and tracing details you will have to confirm you had a pish in the Norseman prior to kick off.

Seriously the toilet capacity may dent our test capacity. Generally I avoid the toilets at home games they are the pits.

At old hampden didn't the urine flow down the terracing.

Not only did it flow down the terraces it went flying through the air in cans and bottles

At the time I could never workout why people threw full containers haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, capitanus said:

You're certainly full of pish.  Perhaps it's best you don't attend fitba' matches in case you need to relieve yourself.

Not an issue for me.

Maybe you should read some of what's coming out of Edinburgh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2020 at 10:27 PM, Ton4life said:

Not an issue for me.

Maybe you should read some of what's coming out of Edinburgh

No, you are full of pish.

Perhaps you are Auld Reekie of Pish?

  • Upvote 1

Life is a series of compromises anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.