Sign in to follow this  
The Bewilderedbeast

Season Tickets

3 hours ago, GiGi said:

We've the 3rd cheapest adult season ticket at the minute. Arbroath will likely be cheaper when theirs come out too but it looks like we're about where we should be.

Alloa's is fully £50 cheaper than ours though, which is both i) a more realistic assessment of the value of a 'mebbe you'll get in at some point, otherwise here's a stream' customer package and ii) a reasonable starting point for a Morton ST with a minimum MCT subscription on top of that. You'd still have nearly £300 going into the club over the twelve month period, of which 40% wouldn't be tied to accessing the matches at all: which could become a very important point in the event of further disruption from this pandemic. 

People will have been forced out of the habit of watching games at this level for six months at the same time as the economy prepares to tank from the autumn onwards. Scottish football clubs are playing with fire right now by assuming that their 'loyal' customer base is going to stump up the same amount of money for less in return during the 20/21 campaign. There should also be a cap imposed on ticket prices at every level to stop clubs guilt-tripping their home fans to pay a bit more, while passing on the same hike to away fans. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Anyone know if there is a payment option on the ST yet, or is it still all up front?

Am assuming no, but ive been having issues accessing the site so cant check for myself. 

1 hour ago, JLTON said:

Anyone know if there is a payment option on the ST yet, or is it still all up front?

Am assuming no, but ive been having issues accessing the site so cant check for myself. 

It's a one-off payment, there is no installment option. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Just renewed took 2 minutes as I kept the same seat and used card details they hold.

Remember main problem was selecting a seat so new season ticket holders may have greater difficulty. 

39 minutes ago, Ton4life said:

Just renewed took 2 minutes as I kept the same seat and used card details they hold.

Remember main problem was selecting a seat so new season ticket holders may have greater difficulty. 

Don't know if I'd be comfortable with that mob storing my card details. 

No problem in last 4 years.

Maybe not enough members to be of interest to scammers. 

Anyway with mobile banking all transactions are double dunt, so you can refuse payment.

Edited by Ton4life
Shit knows

While the registration part of the site is full of holes, the card/payment section is third party and shows no obvious vulnerability. I'd be comfortable with using that part, just not the rest of it. 

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

I thought I'd buy a 50/50 ticket online using the link the club Twitter posted. This was the result.

Never change Morton :lol:

Screenshot_20200731_145503_com.android.chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

I thought I'd buy a 50/50 ticket online using the link the club Twitter posted. This was the result.

Never change Morton :lol:

Screenshot_20200731_145503_com.android.chrome.jpg

I've managed to buy 50/50 tickets a couple to times, but have struggled on other occasions.

Given up trying.

Unless I'm missing something, the sale page also doesn't give the time and place of the draw, which is a legal requirement.

And while I'm not an expert, I think that, if you're selling online to the general public (as we are doing here), and advertising them (as we are doing on Twitter), you need a Gambling Commission license. You don't need that if tickets are only being sold to members or guests at an event, e.g. paying punters at Cappielow.

If our Chief Executive has considered these matters then of course I apologize for raising an undue concern.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

Kind of unrelated but I won one of those personalised whisky bottles in the hospitality raffle once and asked what the whisky was since it said single malt scotch on it. The reply did not inspire confidence that it was actually what it said on the tin (/bottle) which could get you in bother from the SWA.

Sure it's all above board.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I've managed to buy 50/50 tickets a couple to times, but have struggled on other occasions.

Given up trying.

That's twice I've tried to buy tickets and twice there have been technical issues. I won't be trying again either. Morton's half-arsed (which in itself is an incredibly generous description) approach to revenue generating during the lockdown/off season has really irked me. 

• Upvote 1

SWA!?! Is that a politically correct version of NWA?

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

7 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

That's twice I've tried to buy tickets and twice there have been technical issues. I won't be trying again either. Morton's half-arsed (which in itself is an incredibly generous description) approach to revenue generating during the lockdown/off season has really irked me. 

They just don’t help themselves. It’s like the “help me, help you” scene in Jerry Maguire.

Edited by RealTonKid