Season Tickets - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EdinTon said:

Livi charging £20 for their PPV streaming effort, don't be surprised when ours is a similar price when the time comes to it

Thats fucking scandalous. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 hours ago, TorontoTon said:

Two of us in Toronto, Canada have bought season tickets for the first time ever, as the above streaming services will now be available.  

No doubt there will be technical issues but even having the option is a very big deal from an overseas supporter perspective.

Happy to support the club and MCT.  

Yup, sure is! My first season ticket since season 94-95. :)

17 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

Surely the streaming will be the cheaper option rather than getting a season ticket

That would make sense. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Given that the streaming will at least for a little while replace gate receipts, I expect clubs to charge a comparatively huge amount for it. This isn't like Sky selling subscriptions - this is purely for the "captive" audience of club supporters. They don't need to charge to compete with other streaming services. They just need to charge not so much that people boycott.

EOho8Pw.png

5 hours ago, Renfrew said:

Im not hopeful for the streaming to be a success considering the Morton website can’t handle the traffic when they post a statement etc, hoping they’ve got a new separate server 🤞

It was mentioned by MacKinnon in one of the weekly update videos that a new website was going to be in place, although I don't remember seeing any update on it since then. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

10 hours ago, Deego said:

The thought did cross my mind early on for me to pull some software devs together with me to do it but I figured Interstadia might have got their act together by the time any new software could be created. Yet here we are... 

There must be - no exaggeration - hundreds of ticketing companies who have a tried and tested product better than this. I had a quick look and the website doesn't look too bad, until it tells me I have to tell it what browser I'm using to I can see the seating plan!? Absolutely hopeless.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

We've the 3rd cheapest adult season ticket at the minute. Arbroath will likely be cheaper when theirs come out too but it looks like we're about where we should be.

Hearts are going to take advantage of the bunker mentality of their moron support and absolutely rinse them for Championship football. Tiered pricing for £315-500.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

12 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Given that the streaming will at least for a little while replace gate receipts, I expect clubs to charge a comparatively huge amount for it. This isn't like Sky selling subscriptions - this is purely for the "captive" audience of club supporters. They don't need to charge to compete with other streaming services. They just need to charge not so much that people boycott.

Yeah, and I think even if clubs were adopting the logic of wanting to charge less for streams, in the Premiership at least they can't really do that now as where clubs have set the season tickets at a normal price they would then be ripping off their season ticket holders if they were only charging a fiver or similar for a stream. Pretty much every club has painted themselves into a corner on that, with the exceptions of Motherwell and Kilmarnock who have said the season tickets will cover 19 games from whenever fans are allowed back in grounds even if that means half of next season is already paid for.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

11 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Yeah, and I think even if clubs were adopting the logic of wanting to charge less for streams, in the Premiership at least they can't really do that now as where clubs have set the season tickets at a normal price they would then be ripping off their season ticket holders if they were only charging a fiver or similar for a stream. Pretty much every club has painted themselves into a corner on that, with the exceptions of Motherwell and Kilmarnock who have said the season tickets will cover 19 games from whenever fans are allowed back in grounds even if that means half of next season is already paid for.

Clubs are taking season ticket holders for granted and ripping them off by setting normal prices and not allowing for the fact that the experience of a streamed game is far lower value than attending in person.

Fair play to Motherwell and Killie for their approach, definitely acting with fans in mind rather than just thinking about the money.

I know Killie weren't going to release season tickets at all until they found the solution they went for, Hamilton still aren't. 

12 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

It was mentioned by MacKinnon in one of the weekly update videos that a new website was going to be in place, although I don't remember seeing any update on it since then. 

He sounded like he thought the new site would fix every issue the club had 🤣

The streaming thing seems to be a standalone system though built for this kind of thing and looks to be a lot more professional that other service providers we use (that's you interstadia). 

13 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Aye, theres a lot of uncertainty in the whole thing so it's a difficult one for clubs. 

Not sure if the best thing to do is payg and pay more to MCT or go for the season ticket (or if it will make a difference!). Still a bit unsure about the transition period. 

3 hours ago, GiGi said:

We've the 3rd cheapest adult season ticket at the minute. Arbroath will likely be cheaper when theirs come out too but it looks like we're about where we should be.

Alloa's is fully £50 cheaper than ours though, which is both i) a more realistic assessment of the value of a 'mebbe you'll get in at some point, otherwise here's a stream' customer package and ii) a reasonable starting point for a Morton ST with a minimum MCT subscription on top of that. You'd still have nearly £300 going into the club over the twelve month period, of which 40% wouldn't be tied to accessing the matches at all: which could become a very important point in the event of further disruption from this pandemic. 

People will have been forced out of the habit of watching games at this level for six months at the same time as the economy prepares to tank from the autumn onwards. Scottish football clubs are playing with fire right now by assuming that their 'loyal' customer base is going to stump up the same amount of money for less in return during the 20/21 campaign. There should also be a cap imposed on ticket prices at every level to stop clubs guilt-tripping their home fans to pay a bit more, while passing on the same hike to away fans. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, JLTON said:

Anyone know if there is a payment option on the ST yet, or is it still all up front?

Am assuming no, but ive been having issues accessing the site so cant check for myself. 

It's a one-off payment, there is no installment option. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

39 minutes ago, Ton4life said:

Just renewed took 2 minutes as I kept the same seat and used card details they hold.

Remember main problem was selecting a seat so new season ticket holders may have greater difficulty. 

Don't know if I'd be comfortable with that mob storing my card details. 

Archived