Season Tickets - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While the registration part of the site is full of holes, the card/payment section is third party and shows no obvious vulnerability. I'd be comfortable with using that part, just not the rest of it. 

EOho8Pw.png

Unless I'm missing something, the sale page also doesn't give the time and place of the draw, which is a legal requirement.

And while I'm not an expert, I think that, if you're selling online to the general public (as we are doing here), and advertising them (as we are doing on Twitter), you need a Gambling Commission license. You don't need that if tickets are only being sold to members or guests at an event, e.g. paying punters at Cappielow.

If our Chief Executive has considered these matters then of course I apologize for raising an undue concern.

EOho8Pw.png

Kind of unrelated but I won one of those personalised whisky bottles in the hospitality raffle once and asked what the whisky was since it said single malt scotch on it. The reply did not inspire confidence that it was actually what it said on the tin (/bottle) which could get you in bother from the SWA.

Sure it's all above board.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I've managed to buy 50/50 tickets a couple to times, but have struggled on other occasions.

Given up trying.

That's twice I've tried to buy tickets and twice there have been technical issues. I won't be trying again either. Morton's half-arsed (which in itself is an incredibly generous description) approach to revenue generating during the lockdown/off season has really irked me. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

7 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

That's twice I've tried to buy tickets and twice there have been technical issues. I won't be trying again either. Morton's half-arsed (which in itself is an incredibly generous description) approach to revenue generating during the lockdown/off season has really irked me. 

They just don’t help themselves. It’s like the “help me, help you” scene in Jerry Maguire.

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

Has anyone bought a season ticket yet? Anyone know what the streaming prices will be per game?

That information is not available yet, not have they formally announced there will be pay per game (there will, they just deleted tweets in case it affected season ticket sales).

If it follows the Premiership rules, it'll be set by the club somewhere between £12 and £20.

Might not need it though.

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

That information is not available yet, not have they formally announced there will be pay per game (there will, they just deleted tweets in case it affected season ticket sales).

If it follows the Premiership rules, it'll be set by the club somewhere between £12 and £20.

Might not need it though.

I think the issue is if we had a crowd of say 1200, roughly our average, and 600 wanted to use the toilet at half time then social distancing (I've come to despise that phrase over the last few months) wouldn't be possible.

Then there's the issue of people trying to free themselves from the icicles that have engulfed their fingers while washing their hands in sub zero temperature water.😳

5 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I think the issue is if we had a crowd of say 1200, roughly our average, and 600 wanted to use the toilet at half time then social distancing (I've come to despise that phrase over the last few months) wouldn't be possible.

Then there's the issue of people trying to free themselves from the icicles that have engulfed their fingers while washing their hands in sub zero temperature water.😳

Close the toilets.

3 hours ago, EdinTon said:

As of August 15th, Raith had sold 800 season tickets. Wonder what our figures are...

I bought mine 2 weeks ago and we were around 250.

The tele reported this week that we had sold 60% of last years number already so must have sold no more than 500 last season.

We seemed to market the season tickets much better when Snake took over and we sold 1100-1200 that season but of course the reduced price helped big time and we signed a couple of decent names ( on paper) and there was a feel good feeling throughout the whole of pre-season and the league starting until that famous Friday when he fecked off.

With the current situation, I  can't see our number improving much unless we make some good signings.

4 hours ago, EdinTon said:

As of August 15th, Raith had sold 800 season tickets. Wonder what our figures are...

I was in on Monday collecting my new card and was told it was 300.

You wonder what clubs of a similar stature to ourselves that continued fundraising and putting themselves in the public’s conscience during lockdown whilst we shut up shop completely for four months are doing right in comparison to Morton.

Archived