Season Tickets - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I see the ticketing website still has Interstadia on it but has been updated. Fills me with dread already.

Still on http, not https, and their GDPR statement is woefully insufficient for the details they require and the service they offer.

I've brought all this up before on here but it's amazing to me that a company as demonstrably poor as Interstadia has so many clients in Scottish football. 

Morton have been with these jokers for three years now. Wonder how much money the Scouse gimp took off Warren and Crawford in the end? 

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

£220 for a reduced season of 13/14 home games is still a lot to ask supporters to pay. 

What's everyone else's thoughts? 

Its pretty fair when you compare to the rest of the full time clubs. I looked at a few earlier;

Dundee- £255

ICT-£246

Para-- £250

Queens- £210

16 minutes ago, Madton said:

Its pretty fair when you compare to the rest of the full time clubs. I looked at a few earlier;

Dundee- £255

ICT-£246

Para-- £250

Queens- £210

How many of those are also asking fans to contribute to another body to fund the first team budget as well as take over the club on top of that though? 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

17 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

£220 for a reduced season of 13/14 home games is still a lot to ask supporters to pay. 

What's everyone else's thoughts? 

I reckon that's actually okay. If you treat that proportionally for 14 games v 18, then £220 for 14 games would work out at £282 for 18 which sounds reasonable enough. Just under £16 game when (presumably) £20 is the PATG price, which would pretty much mean 4 games cheaper. Last year was too expensive while two seasons ago the club lost income despite a significant increase in sales as it was far too cheap - there's a balance to be found and while that's slightly steep it's not wildly over the top.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

5 hours ago, Madton said:

Dundee- £255

ICT-£246

Para-- £250

Queens- £210

Fair enough when you look at it like that. 

On top of the MCT pledges which granted not everyone will sign up for and it's totally voluntary but still. 

Wondering if in the future it may be something to consider where MCT members get some sort of discount? Would recognise the members and perhaps offer an incentive to new members. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

17 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

I reckon that's actually okay. If you treat that proportionally for 14 games v 18, then £220 for 14 games would work out at £282 for 18 which sounds reasonable enough. Just under £16 game when (presumably) £20 is the PATG price, which would pretty much mean 4 games cheaper. Last year was too expensive while two seasons ago the club lost income despite a significant increase in sales as it was far too cheap - there's a balance to be found and while that's slightly steep it's not wildly over the top.

Except that this is a false comparison point for two crucial reasons:

1) The MCT scheme did not exist two years ago and so buying the season ticket represented the overwhelming bulk of a fan's outlay on the club over twelve months to come: that's not (or at least shouldn't) be the case now. Throw in a minimum MCT subscription and the total outlay for season 20/21 is in fact £340 for an adult which is much higher than our peers and a lot to account for in the current economic shitstorm. There shouldn't be a discount offered to MCT members because they're such great people: there should be one because it is now clearly in the club's best interests to incentivise uptake of that scheme as well as getting a ST. Just like twelve months ago, the club wants to just have its cake and eat it though. 

2) (Which applies equally to all Championship clubs right now) Iron Man's season ticket also came with a clear expectation of what you would get in return - access to all eighteen home league matches in person - which does not even remotely apply to the current one. GMFC doesn't know how many home matches it will actually have this season. It also doesn't know how many will be open to the public and how many will have to be stream-only: both at the start of the season and in the event of further government restrictions down the line. Even the best bells and whistles live-streaming service is not of equivalent value to being at the game yourself, yet the ST price doesn't seem to account for this. All these clubs are banking on an 'och won't you just pay anyway' guilt-trip principle right now as opposed to providing their customers with a reasonable exchange of money for the service.   

As of right now, I see little reason to pay the equivalent of £14 per game up front when it's quite possible that fully half of those games will be some streaming-service only nonsense. On the other hand, if buying a ST will grant priority access to games that are being held with limited capacity - at Cappielow and away - then there's an obvious incentive to buy one. But GMFC haven't actually made that pitch yet and so here we are.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We also dont know if the streaming will stop  (for UK) once EVERYONE is allowed in the ground. I know I'll be missing a couple of games but if I knew they would be available for streaming then I'd probably get a season ticket. We also dont know what the pricing would be for streaming a match. Probably be cheaper that the walk in price so they may lose some custom that way

I'm also a little bit sceptical about us running a reliable live stream service. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

There are five-a-side teams in Mauritius that can stream games reliably online. I'm not exaggerating. You can literally turn on your phone and watch in 1080p ten guys having a kick about at a sports center in the middle of the Indian Ocean. 

I agree, Morton are going to fuck it up. 

EOho8Pw.png

I'm surprised they've went for a full season ticket, without knowing how many games that will consist of. I understand they need to bring in some money but a ten game package might have been more worthwhile, with fans paying for streaming separately. 

Just incase anyone else was having difficulty like I was initially... Clicking the link on the Twitter feed left me in a loop of agreeing to GDPR then logging in then agreeing to GDPR then logging in and so on.

However, going straight to the site on safari and logging in worked first time and now the season tickets sit in my basket. 

26 minutes ago, Tonton Zola Moukoko said:

Just incase anyone else was having difficulty like I was initially... Clicking the link on the Twitter feed left me in a loop of agreeing to GDPR then logging in then agreeing to GDPR then logging in and so on.

However, going straight to the site on safari and logging in worked first time and now the season tickets sit in my basket. 

Even trying this doesn’t seem to work for me - stuck in a loop of putting in login details and then being asked to agree to GDPR... before being asked to login again.

*Sounds the 'gormless Scouser with a clipboard' klaxon for Interstadia taking a look at their banger of a setup. 

55 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

Ticket website has a new look, with an attempt at being mobile friendly....

...says the total due for the adult season ticket in my basket is £0.00. 

Still no security certificate either. 

20200727_104516.jpg

Archived