Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

All the best to him. Spoke to him in Text of all places and he seemed a nice guy, just not ready for football at this level.

I can only presume him dropping three bottles of Bud on the floor was the giveaway. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 hours ago, ChampTon said:

That was one of the worst goalkeeping displays I had ever seen. 

Harsh. He had some howlers but he was ok that day. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Going to be strange not seeing him at half time, running about the pitch like an extra from the 1914 Christmas truce kickabout.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Danny Rogers signs with Killie. I can't imagine he's going straight in there as first choice, so a decent back up who still has potential to improve his game and become Premiership quality. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

On 7/24/2020 at 9:46 AM, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

So, the players are now into the last week of their contract under furlough, and not a peep from the club. I'm hoping that with some people returning to week at the club it means that we'll see some movement shortly.

It feels like we haven't heard a thing in weeks from anyone, not even once of those weekly update videos.

3 days to go. Still not a peep.

1 minute ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

3 days to go. Still not a peep.

Tele now reporting the release of Ramsbottom, though still nothing official.

I guess the club are maybe wanting to do a one off announcement of everyone who stays and everyone who goes, but that ends up being a bit shit if some players have been signed up for days or already informed they were released while others are waiting around on other offers. Just tell us who's been released and who's been offered a new deal.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I imagine young Chris Wylie will probably be our back up for the coming season, which I'm fairly okay with as long as we have a proper set of safe hands in the net. Which Ramsbottom certainly was not. 

I thought Rodgers was an average Championship keeper, having some better games here and there. I doubt he will be 1st choice at Killie. 

I can't think of any goalkeepers who have been released that I'd be very keen on signing. It's going to be a funny season. 

13 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I imagine young Chris Wylie will probably be our back up for the coming season, which I'm fairly okay with as long as we have a proper set of safe hands in the net. Which Ramsbottom certainly was not. 

I thought Rodgers was an average Championship keeper, having some better games here and there. I doubt he will be 1st choice at Killie. 

I can't think of any goalkeepers who have been released that I'd be very keen on signing. It's going to be a funny season. 

I think at this level, we only need one senior goalkeeper with the first choice U19 goalkeeper being the backup. Between budget constraints and the emergency loan rule, there's absolutely no justification for spending money on two senior keepers. There is obviously an inherent risk attached, but it's one worth taking in my eyes.  

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

20 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Think he was keen to get back East, but don't disagree.

Yeah I did think that would have been one of the main reasons for signing with Raith. Most definitely a non starter. 

It'll be interesting to see who Hopkins has lined up. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived