Sign in to follow this  
vikingTON

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

5 hours ago, ChampTon said:

That was one of the worst goalkeeping displays I had ever seen. 

Harsh. He had some howlers but he was ok that day. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Going to be strange not seeing him at half time, running about the pitch like an extra from the 1914 Christmas truce kickabout.

• Upvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Danny Rogers signs with Killie. I can't imagine he's going straight in there as first choice, so a decent back up who still has potential to improve his game and become Premiership quality. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I wonder what our expert scout Dave Timmins has in store for us this season.

On 7/24/2020 at 9:46 AM, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

So, the players are now into the last week of their contract under furlough, and not a peep from the club. I'm hoping that with some people returning to week at the club it means that we'll see some movement shortly.

It feels like we haven't heard a thing in weeks from anyone, not even once of those weekly update videos.

3 days to go. Still not a peep.

1 minute ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

3 days to go. Still not a peep.

Tele now reporting the release of Ramsbottom, though still nothing official.

I guess the club are maybe wanting to do a one off announcement of everyone who stays and everyone who goes, but that ends up being a bit shit if some players have been signed up for days or already informed they were released while others are waiting around on other offers. Just tell us who's been released and who's been offered a new deal.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I imagine young Chris Wylie will probably be our back up for the coming season, which I'm fairly okay with as long as we have a proper set of safe hands in the net. Which Ramsbottom certainly was not. 

I thought Rodgers was an average Championship keeper, having some better games here and there. I doubt he will be 1st choice at Killie. 

I can't think of any goalkeepers who have been released that I'd be very keen on signing. It's going to be a funny season. 

13 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I imagine young Chris Wylie will probably be our back up for the coming season, which I'm fairly okay with as long as we have a proper set of safe hands in the net. Which Ramsbottom certainly was not. 

I thought Rodgers was an average Championship keeper, having some better games here and there. I doubt he will be 1st choice at Killie. 

I can't think of any goalkeepers who have been released that I'd be very keen on signing. It's going to be a funny season. 

I think at this level, we only need one senior goalkeeper with the first choice U19 goalkeeper being the backup. Between budget constraints and the emergency loan rule, there's absolutely no justification for spending money on two senior keepers. There is obviously an inherent risk attached, but it's one worth taking in my eyes.  

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Missed the boat on Jamie Mcdonald imo. 

29 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Missed the boat on Jamie Mcdonald imo. 

Think he was keen to get back East, but don't disagree.

20 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Think he was keen to get back East, but don't disagree.

Yeah I did think that would have been one of the main reasons for signing with Raith. Most definitely a non starter. 

It'll be interesting to see who Hopkins has lined up. 

See if we get another Hovis-encrusted joker from Timmins' filofax...

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

In papers today that the development squad is being axed which would mean Sutton is off unless we give him a player deal 

14 minutes ago, Doddie said:

In papers today that the development squad is being axed which would mean Sutton is off unless we give him a player deal 

Does it say why? Saw this on Facebook so seems strange to be investing in youth while dropping the link between that setup and the first team. 

1 hour ago, Doddie said:

Given the budget will already be looking low I'd be happy for Sutton to be kept on as a player with any kind of coaching role attached to it. Sounds doubtful now though.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

Does it say why? Saw this on Facebook so seems strange to be investing in youth while dropping the link between that setup and the first team. 

Seen posts like this so wondering what is happening with the Youth Academy in general.

Screenshot_20200730-160456_Facebook.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/257952300887006/permalink/4003435766338622/

Then this on twitter which is clear as mud:

If Sutton is involved as a player in any more of a capacity than as emmergency backup, I'd be pretty concerned. 

I see Scott Gallagher has signed for Arbroath and their website states "him and Derek Gaston will compete for the number 1 jersey".

I would not be surprised if we end up with Darren Jamieson. Not that I know if he's pish or not. 

20 hours ago, Doddie said:

FB_IMG_1596188369433.jpg

And yet nothing from the club as usual!

Remember when McKinnon banged on about communication is key etc, any chance of practicing what you breach?

Whats happened the the "weekly update". The last one was 4 weeks ago..

All in with a Doyle Brunson

1 hour ago, ChampTon said:

I would not be surprised if we end up with Darren Jamieson. Not that I know if he's pish or not. 

He signed for Kelty Hearts I think.

I would only keep Sutton if he was still a coach. As much as I like him, he’s only good enough to be an emergency last 20 minutes option for us now.