Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

Come to think of it, we've just had a season of people failing to figure out that Danny Rogers isn't called Rodgers. I'm not sure I can live with the number of variations of McAdams, McAdam, Macadam, MacAdams we're going to get along with the existing misspellings of Hopkin, McLean, Millar, McAlister, Lyon and Nesbitt we have to suffer.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely with our jack of all trades  recruitment expert, we can bring in someone a bit more high profile and experienced.

Don't fancy going into the season with 2 young inexperienced keepers. I don't mind Wylie  being number 2 as long as we have a dependable number 1.

With training starting today we'll hopefully see some more movement on signings soon.

I suppose if we do have loan signings from Premiership clubs in mind they'll probably not come in until late September with the nine subs rule, as even someone clubs are willing to let go might be used to fill out the bench and get some competitive minutes in the meantime.

While you'd think Premiership clubs being able to put 9 on the bench will make loans harder to come by, there's also the possibility that later in the window there'll be players available who wouldn't have been in a normal summer. If someone is rarely getting on the bench even when their club has a matchday squad of 20 they might ask to be loaned out themselves when the lower leagues are starting, whereas in a normal season they might have chosen to stay at their club to fight for their place and wouldn't have the option to leave three months into the season after failing to break in.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

On 8/22/2020 at 9:15 AM, Jamie_M said:

Fleeing Saddam Hussein!?!

In Gerry the Helmet's interview it said he was born in Rotterdam.  Anyway, Saddam died when he was around nine. 

I think Speirs is looking for tenuous links where there aren't any.  Also, I'm not going to get excited about him yet, if he was any good he'd be at a bigger club than us right now.  However, if/when he scores the tannoy guy should play Omar:

ETA:

Just the first bit, where he goes "badoooo-badeeee-woooo"

:thumbup2:

*insert signature here*

8 hours ago, capitanus said:

Fleeing Saddam Hussein!?!

In Gerry the Helmet's interview it said he was born in Rotterdam.  Anyway, Saddam died when he was around nine. 

I think Speirs is looking for tenuous links where there aren't any.  Also, I'm not going to get excited about him yet, if he was any good he'd be at a bigger club than us right now.  However, if/when he scores the tannoy guy should play Omar:

ETA:

Just the first bit, where he goes "badoooo-badeeee-woooo"

:thumbup2:

Aye, main article says it was his dad who did the fleeing.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/my-dad-decided-to-escape-iraq-all-he-wanted-was-a-better-life-for-us-xtxzsgd53

14 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

We're apparently being linked to the loan signing of Livingston striker Jack Hamilton. He's been on loan with Alloa and Queen of the South in the last 2 seasons, scoring against us for both teams.

It could just be classic tabloid guesswork, but Hopkin clearly still thinks we need another attacking option if there's truth in this or MacIver (surely it's only one or the other?). I just hope he does get someone who's comfortable at centre forward rather than another 'can play anywhere across the front, best in the middle off a striker but has spent most of their career on the wing' type that we already have half a dozen of.

While that is something we need, right back, goalkeeper, and two centre backs are still bigger priorities. I suppose the benefit of the weirdness of this pre-season is you can line loans up for before the season while still having time to get a good look at a parade of free agents trialists without needing to rush in and panic buy, knowing the loans are an easier fallback option than usual.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

28 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Fairy nuff.

It's sentences like this from the Rangers supporting 'son of the manse' tweed wearing smartarse which pisses me off:  "More than this, who else in our professional game would not have their career were it not for Saddam Hussein?". 

I will admit having not read the article in full, due to it being behind a paywall, however it's not like the mad mustachioed mullah done anything to further his career in Football unlike Adam Coakley's dad or Zander* Easdale's dad done for them.

*stupid fucking name.

*insert signature here*

56 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Fairy nuff.

It's sentences like this from the Rangers supporting 'son of the manse' tweed wearing smartarse which pisses me off:  "More than this, who else in our professional game would not have their career were it not for Saddam Hussein?". 

I will admit having not read the article in full, due to it being behind a paywall, however it's not like the mad mustachioed mullah done anything to further his career in Football unlike Adam Coakley's dad or Zander* Easdale's dad done for them.

*stupid fucking name.

If you want the article posted, just say.

Nah, didn't think so.

I'm not sure whether that utterly tenuous attempt at journalism is better or worse than us looking to 'Sittingbourne' - probably a fictional village from a fucking Dickens novel - to complete our squad right now.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Its Ikechi Eeeeeeeze-dale, apparently some guy in a pub knows someone who knows someone who once drove a Dennis Dart to Burns Square and he said: fart, splutter, stammer etc.

Everyone else: ***gasps in awe***

ETA: They're definitely gonna buy the club, as well as Amazon and everything else.  Mark my words.

*insert signature here*

On 8/16/2020 at 6:05 AM, SramTon said:

Don't forget Adam Coakley.

We got Coakley from that Partick Thistle mob.  He was released by Motherwell, went to Partick who then released him in the same close season as when he signed for them.  

*insert signature here*

Archived