Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 33 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last I remember was against the burners when Grant Adam replaced Gaston after that animal Steven Thompson decided to plant his studs into Gaston’s ribs in 2015.

Before that, David Hutton came on for Gaston in a cup tie at Albion Rovers in 2012.

4 minutes ago, Toby said:

Last I remember was against the burners when Grant Adam replaced Gaston after that animal Steven Thompson decided to plant his studs into Gaston’s ribs in 2015.

Before that, David Hutton came on for Gaston in a cup tie at Albion Rovers in 2012.

In other words we're due.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

9 minutes ago, Toby said:

It's not ideal but a calculated risk on those numbers. The flak will rightfully fly if the worst happens, but some of the shrieking about it right now is dramatic in the extreme.

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

In other words we're due.

Technically, our turn came back round last season away in Inverness. But we decided an injured Rogers was better than putting Ramsbottom in. 

11 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Can you not bring a keeper on on emergency loan out with the windows.

Not ideal scenario but that could be their thinking.

Fucked if the keeper is injured during a game though 😳

The loan window is actually still open until the end of October (usually just for L1 and L2 but extended to the Championship this season) so we could still sign someone this week without asking the SPFL for approval of an emergency, which we would have to do from November.

21 hours ago, Toby said:

We were once beneficiaries when Hibs had to put that diddy Grof in goal during that League cup game.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Hoppy defending Muirhead

“I can clearly state that all of my players give 100% to this Club both on and off the park. That commitment will be in all of the teams I manage. We are a team who fight and protect each other. Given this, I was saddened that a small minority chose to single out one of our players on social media. To criticise one is to criticise all.”

https://www.gmfc.net/from-the-dugout-2/

I don't care if Muirhead gives 100% or not. He got a stupid red card and isn't half the player he thinks he is. 

I don't use Twitter so if anyone was over the top in criticizing him on there, that's their lookout, not mine. 

My opinion is that Muirhead is a pea-hearted chancer who's done little to merit a starting place at Morton, and I'd like to see him leave the club when his contract expires. 

If Hopkin wants to cut up onions for the guy that's fine with me, it won't change my opinion at all. Only vastly improved performances will. 

As for 'singling out' a player - sorry, should we be criticizing the other guys who got sent off at Dens as well? 

EOho8Pw.png

35 minutes ago, Renfrew said:

Hoppy defending Muirhead

“I can clearly state that all of my players give 100% to this Club both on and off the park. That commitment will be in all of the teams I manage. We are a team who fight and protect each other. Given this, I was saddened that a small minority chose to single out one of our players on social media. To criticise one is to criticise all.”

https://www.gmfc.net/from-the-dugout-2/

All must have taken quite the pummelling last season when 'one' who we spent real, actual money shipped goals against Ayr and got punted within days of the league campaign starting. Or indeed when 'one' other kept chucking goals in the back of his own net. 

I'm not surprised that a manager wants to defend the players but there is a place and manner in which to do this. Public hectoring of the fans isn't that; though it's not as bad as the stupid wee siege mentality that that gormless failure McInally built up and poisoned the well at this club for years afterwards.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

As i said last week, the personal abuse of him is way over the top and more often than not an absolutely cringeworthy read.

Give the guy a break

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

I don't care if Muirhead gives 100% or not. He got a stupid red card and isn't half the player he thinks he is. 

I don't use Twitter so if anyone was over the top in criticizing him on there, that's their lookout, not mine. 

My opinion is that Muirhead is a pea-hearted chancer who's done little to merit a starting place at Morton, and I'd like to see him leave the club when his contract expires. 

If Hopkin wants to cut up onions for the guy that's fine with me, it won't change my opinion at all. Only vastly improved performances will. 

As for 'singling out' a player - sorry, should we be criticizing the other guys who got sent off at Dens as well? 

Opinions are fine, but the abuse he receives, even before the red card, absolutely stinks. Its embarrassing actually. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

5 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Opinions are fine, but the abuse he receives, even before the red card, absolutely stinks. Its embarrassing actually. 

Well, I'm not a Twitter user, so I haven't seen it. It's nothing at all to do with me.

I did, however, see his red card, and to me, that stinks more than whatever shocking abuse we're all supposed to put our big frowny-faces on for.

EOho8Pw.png

Can we get some evidence of this abuse for those of us who chucked Twitter some time ago? I certainly haven't seen much, if any, on here because 'he's absolutely hopeless and a waste of a jersey' is not in fact 'personal abuse'.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived