Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 32 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

Youth goalkeepers aren't usually of any more use as backup on the bench than an outfield player. 

For the low probability scenario that we lose our keeper during a game before we then go out and sign one? Adequate.

Presumably Millar will only be used as an absolute emergency then seeing as he's the only player not to be involved in the last two games or even in the squads. Hopkin also refers to a 21 man squad, Millar makes it 22.

Hoping a keeper comes in this week, can't go into 1st league game with no backup.  McAdams hasn't had much to do in either game but looks decent enough to compete certainly.

Overall I'm optimistic but will probably change come Saturday afternoon. Can see it being something like this;

McAdams

Ledger Fjortoft McGinty

Salkeld Jacobs McAlister. Strapp

Nesbitt Orsi Mcpake.

2-0.

9 hours ago, Madton said:

Presumably Millar will only be used as an absolute emergency then seeing as he's the only player not to be involved in the last two games or even in the squads. Hopkin also refers to a 21 man squad, Millar makes it 22.

Hoping a keeper comes in this week, can't go into 1st league game with no backup.  McAdams hasn't had much to do in either game but looks decent enough to compete certainly.

Overall I'm optimistic but will probably change come Saturday afternoon. Can see it being something like this;

McAdams

Ledger Fjortoft McGinty

Salkeld Jacobs McAlister. Strapp

Nesbitt Orsi Mcpake.

2-0.

Hopkin said in a previous interview that Millar would have limited game time this season.

As the Championship is sticking with three subs per game rather than going up to five, which I completely agree with, we're also staying with seven on the bench rather than going up to nine. Assuming that Nesbitt and McPake will be starters along with one striker, it's going to be interesting to see who among McGuffie, Omar, Oliver, Wallace, Orsi, Muirhead and MacIver can't even get a place on the bench when everyone is available. Unless the squad building policy is extended to team selection and we don't bother with any defenders on the bench either.

Considering that Blues scored on Tuesday, there's a fair chance Lyon isn't even going to make the 18 man squad which is wild.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

It's also worth mentioning that, despite having played 2 games already, even one where he conceded 2 goals, I don't feel that McAdam has been worked all that much. Couldn't really tell you if he commanded his box well, was coming for cross balls etc. 

I‘m feeling the same as you here. I’m not totally convinced for some reason, however he is a step up from Ramsbottom it would seem anyway. That wouldn’t be hard right enough.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Doddie said:

Surely we aren’t going without a back up goalie? 

If McAdams gets injured expect to see Muirhead getting the gloves on.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived