Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 29 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

8 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Meaning something like:

McAdams

Ledger - Fjortoft - McAlister

Salkeld - Colville - Jacobs - Strapp

Nesbitt

Oliver - MacIver

I don't hate that, although that's two unknown quantities in defence and a question mark over where goals come from. I suppose you could also set the front three up as an even more attacking 3-4-3 rather than 3-4-1-2 to indulge Hopkin's love of wingers.

There's obviously a problem with how we keep all the attacking players happy but we can't do that in any system when we have about 27 of them. This leaves all of McPake, Wallace, Omar, Lyon, McGuffie, Orsi and Muirhead out of the team.

There's also the possibility Hopkin would want another body in the middle rather than being so attacking, whether that's McAlister with McGinty/McLean starting at the back or Lyon/Omar slotting into the centre which would put the out and out forwards even further from a start.

All the 5-4 games will be a hoot.

Just going by what was posted about our starting lineup against Dumbarton with Strapp and Salkeld as wingbacks with a back 3.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can only hope that one or two of the attacking players see the writing on the wall for their playing chances, and ask for a mutual termination, because unless we start shoehorning players into random positions there is no way in hell that we're keeping everyone happy. I can't quite believe the imbalance of our squad. On the wings and up front we have a surfeit of players that even Chelsea would say is a bit excessive, and defensively we're not far off frantically calling around mates one morning to get enough players before kickoff.

Will wait and see about the defensive signings.

EOho8Pw.png

Should be fairly easy to sign a defender for us at the minute if they're at all concerned with how many games they might play.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Salkeld played there against Dumbarton.

Possibly  more defensive signings to come or what's the point on still having trialists?

KR_MENSAH_EXCLUSIVE1jpg-JS610551382.jpg

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6045946/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-latest-scottish-premiership/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#liveblog-entry-338876

That makes sense.

One more defender if possible and a keeper then thats us. 

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

Meaning something like:

McAdams

Ledger - Fjortoft - McAlister

Salkeld - Colville - Jacobs - Strapp

Nesbitt

Oliver - MacIver

I don't hate that, although that's two unknown quantities in defence and a question mark over where goals come from. I suppose you could also set the front three up as an even more attacking 3-4-3 rather than 3-4-1-2 to indulge Hopkin's love of wingers.

There's obviously a problem with how we keep all the attacking players happy but we can't do that in any system when we have about 27 of them. This leaves all of McPake, Wallace, Omar, Lyon, McGuffie, Orsi and Muirhead out of the team.

There's also the possibility Hopkin would want another body in the middle rather than being so attacking, whether that's McAlister with McGinty/McLean starting at the back or Lyon/Omar slotting into the centre which would put the out and out forwards even further from a start.

All the 5-4 games will be a hoot.

No space for Blues?

On 9/21/2020 at 5:48 PM, Madton said:

So 10 attacking players in the squad and just 3 defenders with 2 weeks to go, concerning. 

Surely that Rangers winger apparently signing isn't needed or that trialist midfielder from Sat. 

Can see the same defensive deficiencies we had at the start of last season. 

Out:

Danny Rogers, Sam Ramsbottom, Jack Baird, Reghan Tumilty, Nicky Cadden, Bob McHugh, Kris Doolan, John Sutton.

In:

Aidan McAdams, Michael Ledger, Markus Fjortoft, Rabin Omar, Josh McPake, James Wallace, Ross McIver, Gary Oliver.

Effectively 8 out 8 in at the moment.

So, as I understand things, we're still in training every day, just doing single sessions, with the players expected to do fitness stuff on the side. I can't see how that's 'part-time' in any sense of the word for a professional football team, personally. We're working to the same level we always did it seems.

5 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

So, as I understand things, we're still in training every day, just doing single sessions, with the players expected to do fitness stuff on the side. I can't see how that's 'part-time' in any sense of the word for a professional football team, personally. We're working to the same level we always did it seems.

Don't disagree. No way they do a normal full working week under normal circumstances but they must be claiming they do.

Conversation here from 3.30 references us being part time doing 17/18 hour weeks.

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Out:

Danny Rogers, Sam Ramsbottom, Jack Baird, Reghan Tumilty, Nicky Cadden, Bob McHugh, Kris Doolan, John Sutton.

In:

Aidan McAdams, Michael Ledger, Markus Fjortoft, Rabin Omar, Josh McPake, James Wallace, Ross McIver, Gary Oliver.

Effectively 8 out 8 in at the moment.

A massive downgrade in terms of proven ability at this level though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived