Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 25 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a few clubs are avoiding revealing where and when friendlies are played to avoid people turning up and trying to catch a glimpse, which is understandable. You don't want 100 people crowding on the car park hill on Sinclair Street or trying to look through fences at East Fife or Dumbarton, with crowds outside the ground then leading to a kneejerk government reaction of 'football's not safe at all even without crowds.'

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

8 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Quite a few clubs are avoiding revealing where and when friendlies are played to avoid people turning up and trying to catch a glimpse, which is understandable. You don't want 100 people crowding on the car park hill on Sinclair Street or trying to look through fences at East Fife or Dumbarton, with crowds outside the ground then leading to a kneejerk government reaction of 'football's not safe at all even without crowds.'

And if info is out there, having to appeal to fans not to congregate which is likely to be ignored.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/peterhead-fc/2497039/peterhead-appeal-to-fans-ahead-of-buchan-derby/

We won 2-1. Both of our goals were penalties, apparently.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

So we apparently played with both a back three and back four today, now that we have enough defenders to put a team out we have a few options.

If we stick with the 4-3-3 of last season:

McAdams

Duffy - McGinty - McLean - Strapp

Jacobs - Colville - McAlister

McGuffie - Oliver? - Nesbitt

If we go for the 4-2-3-1 that our abundance of midfield options seem to suit:

McAdams

Duffy - McGinty - McLean - Strapp

Jacobs - McAlister/Colville

McGuffie - Oliver - Nesbitt

Orsi?

3-5-2:

McAdams

Duffy - McGinty - McAlister

??? - Colville - Jacobs - Strapp

Nesbitt

Oliver - Orsi

We've got flexibility there with being able to switch between more attacking or more defensive set ups in midfield, and this is all without Lyon in the starting XI; you could drop one of Oliver and Orsi out to make the 3-5-2 a 3-5-1-1 to bring him in as well. Who to put at right wing back remains an issue with the back three, apparently it was Salkeld today.

With signings still to come we can hope more defensive options (Egert has apparently played both right back and centre back) and a clear first choice striker are added, but our depth in midfield gives us a few different options.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

8 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

We won 2-1. Both of our goals were penalties, apparently.

Good to see the SFA sorting things out for The Famous against local minnows.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Daily Record reporting that we're likely to confirm the signing of Josh McPake in the coming week.

Huge fan of addressing the obvious weaknesses in the squad by signing more wingers.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We'll just field a whole frontline of false nines, floating all over the pitch to dictate play and overwhelm our opponents like the great Dutch total football sides.

And score 20 goals all season and get relegated.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived