Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 24 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's obviously got to be a trialist goalkeeper in there, let's hope there's a right back as well. You'd hope we'll have those two signings at the very least tied up this week so they're getting a chance to gel with the rest of the defence in friendlies.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

10 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

There's obviously got to be a trialist goalkeeper in there, let's hope there's a right back as well. You'd hope we'll have those two signings at the very least tied up this week so they're getting a chance to gel with the rest of the defence in friendlies.

Figured the McAdams guy has probably been with us since we went back but who knows.

21 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Hopkin mentioned in his interview last week that the players are still technically on furlough until Oct so i'm wondering if we are not bringing any new players in now to purely save on paying their wages for a few weeks and we will bring loans, free agents( if there is any left) in as late as possible.

Pretty stupid from a time to gel point of view and the potential to miss out on certain players but if the board can save a couple of grand for a month, I'm sure they would be willing to take the risk.

Hope i'm wrong and we sign 3 players today though!

20 hours ago, Madton said:

Hopkin mentioned in his interview last week that the players are still technically on furlough until Oct so i'm wondering if we are not bringing any new players in now to purely save on paying their wages for a few weeks and we will bring loans, free agents( if there is any left) in as late as possible.

Pretty stupid from a time to gel point of view and the potential to miss out on certain players but if the board can save a couple of grand for a month, I'm sure they would be willing to take the risk.

Hope i'm wrong and we sign 3 players today though!

Part furlough.

We are operating part time.

Two unknown quantities, but two essential signings all the same. Hopefully we can still bring in a natural right back as well and let Duffy focus on centre back rather than ending up with another Welsh situation.

Interested to get a look at him - plenty of players have struggled in their first season of first team football in the top flight then had good careers there after dropping to a lower level and building their confidence at a level they can handle. Obviously for others it's been the start of a plummet to obscurity, but I'm happier with a gamble like this than signing some Gregor Buchanan type journeyman who we all know is shite.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Well we needed a goalkeeper and someone who can play right back in soon to work out the defensive shape, so having two in for those positions is good news. If we have to wait until mid-October to get a player of reasonable quality in the loan market then I'm okay with doing so: we can at least work with what we've got now.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

15 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Well we needed a goalkeeper and someone who can play right back in soon to work out the defensive shape, so having two in for those positions is good news. If we have to wait until mid-October to get a player of reasonable quality in the loan market then I'm okay with doing so: we can at least work with what we've got now.

Am I remembering rightly that we don't have any youth gk at the club currently? Think the only one is out on loan. Will need another one before the first cup game

From the official site:

Manager David Hopkin said; “We’ve been having a close look at Aidan over the past couple of weeks during our sessions at Parklea and believe he can add value to the squad whilst Wallace is a player we’ve had an eye on for a while. Both boys come straight into contention for First-Team places as we look ahead to the coming season.”

Fair play if he's been watching them for a while, rather than just panic signing them. Hopefully they can meet the required standard. Good luck to them.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, so72 said:

Am I remembering rightly that we don't have any youth gk at the club currently? Think the only one is out on loan. Will need another one before the first cup game

Why would we need another goalkeeper to cover a cup tournament that we have very little chance of progressing from? That's exactly the sort of role that can wait if it even gets filled at all.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived