Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't really been worrying about our lack of transfer action up until now as there was still a while away before the season starts, but its growing ever closer and we seem to be the only club not signing the sort of targets that mid table championship teams compete over every year. 

Is it too late to scout the Slovakian Sunday leagues again? 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

That’s a boot in the baws signing for Ayr over us. Continuity wise I would have preferred we kept him from last season and not McLean & McGinty. I know it’s early doors, but worried about our options keeper and defence wise this season. 

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Haven't really been worrying about our lack of transfer action up until now as there was still a while away before the season starts, but its growing ever closer and we seem to be the only club not signing the sort of targets that mid table championship teams compete over every year. 

Is it too late to scout the Slovakian Sunday leagues again? 

I agree - it's not that we're late per se, it's that realistic targets are going elsewhere, and other teams are starting to develop a decent-looking* first XI.

*by our league's standards

EOho8Pw.png

On 8/30/2020 at 6:48 PM, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

We're apparently being linked to the loan signing of Livingston striker Jack Hamilton. He's been on loan with Alloa and Queen of the South in the last 2 seasons, scoring against us for both teams.

Joins East Fife on loan for the season.

same old pish fromthe ton, no season ticket from me.im out/what about davie mckinnon the laugh ing guy.gmfc.net.
wer,e still waiting.and bloddy crawford. he a  clever guy owns cappielow. and the car park. pardon mel l still support from 
the house? slag me if you want.

This squad definitely needs another attacking midfielder what with already having about a dozen creative central midfielders and wingers, while only having two (shite) centre backs, no right back and four options at centre forward who are all actually number 10s, wingers, or Robbie Muirheads who've happened to stand in as centre forwards on occasion.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Davidson's said they want to loan him out rather than letting him leave permanently, so that probably makes it more likely he'll come to us rather than Cove.

I've little doubt they'd be able to outbid us and/or offer a 2 year deal if it was a permanent transfer, but with a loan St Johnstone will want him at a higher level and guaranteed a game, which he's more likely to get with us considering that we only have four defenders, which includes a 21 year old with 3 appearances and an injury prone 35 year old.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Only 24 days remain in this transer window, which closes one day before our first league cup game. It's getting to the stage now where signings need to be made sooner rather than later, particularly goalkeeper and defence. A keper in particular needs to build up some level of understanding with his defence.

Any mention of friendlies being played in the next few weeks? 

Archived