Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 16 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we were to assume the same system we're now looking at a line up like this:

New

New - McGinty - New - Strapp

Jacobs - Colville - McAlister

McGuffie - Orsi - Nesbitt

Cover from:

GK - Wylie

DF - McLean, Hynes

MF - Lyon, Blues, Millar, Omar, McGrattan

FW - Oliver, Salkeld, Muirhead, Rodgers, Easdale

I would love two centre backs in so we could drop McGinty but I doubt it. Unsure whether Omar will primarily be played deeper or on the wing.

It's essential that the remaining signings are successes. With the weaknesses and deadwood already present in the squad along with the reduced number of games, we can't afford to be starting the season the same way as the last one with a Ramsbottom figure in goal haemorrhaging points and rotation between a centre back and central midfielder at right back which weakens us in those areas as well.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

If we were to assume the same system we're now looking at a line up like this:

New

New - McGinty - New - Strapp

Jacobs - Colville - McAlister

McGuffie - Orsi - Nesbitt

Cover from:

GK - Wylie

DF - McLean, Hynes

MF - Lyon, Blues, Millar, Omar, McGrattan

FW - Oliver, Salkeld, Muirhead, Rodgers, Easdale

I would love two centre backs in so we could drop McGinty but I doubt it. Unsure whether Omar will primarily be played deeper or on the wing.

It's essential that the remaining signings are successes. With the weaknesses and deadwood already present in the squad along with the reduced number of games, we can't afford to be starting the season the same way as the last one with a Ramsbottom figure in goal haemorrhaging points and rotation between a centre back and central midfielder at right back which weakens us in those areas as well.

Gunning and a RB essential. Can't see us signing another 2 CB's when we already have McLean and McGinty, but i'd be content if we got Gunning in with either of the other two alongside. 

Not sure about going with Orsi up top as the main striker, although maybe a second season at FT football may improve him. 

That said, i cant see anobvious 15-20 + goalscorer in the market so in all likelihood it'll be a complete shot in the dark and hope we get lucky. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Bewildering that Gary Oliver doesn't know how many games are in a normal league season and how many there will be this coming season.

I'd guess that there are loads of guys that have played for Morton who have never so much as glanced at a Championship League table in their life. 

Archived