Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

Happy with Nesbitt and McAlister who was good later in the season. Not too sure about Millar who looked past it but had a few injuries so time will tell with that one. McGinty isn't great but a big unit who'd maybe be OK with someone decent next to him. McLean is done and Muirhead couldn't get a game so surprised at these two. 

Always liked Oliver and Omar is less of a gamble than some signings we've made (basing this on him being in league two team of the year as opposed to a Sabajo) so with the others retained I don't think we're in a terrible position especially if we get a few decent loan signings in. 

Good to get an update and the decision on the reserve squad is probably the right one, especially since its not written off permanently. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted Nesbitt is staying. Surprised at McLean and McGinty being retained. Millar too, but it’s a shorter season so that might help him. 

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

5 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Finally, it is our intention to add to the squad over the coming weeks whilst operating within the current budget constraints of this uncertain time.

Give it a chance

Fair enough. We’ll need to see who gets added to the mix.

Not so sure about Oliver coming back, 2nd or 3rd choice hopefully. And I am rather intrigued to see how Omar does, that Goal of the Season for Elgin was delicious. Presumably a replacement for Cadden? 

Resigning Muirhead, Millar and McGinty seems absolutely shocking. McLean can survive being emergency back up and has experience too. 

Looking at who we have, I'll be surprised to see another central player arrive.

Two strikers, a goalkeeper, two (?) centre backs and a right back would be my guesses. Regarding up top I could see Easdale being 3rd choice. 

Also, Nesbitt in is vital, props to the club for that. 

Glad to have retained Nesbitt (more so given the shape of the rest of the squad rather than his performances last season), am fine with McAlister seeing out his career with us but the rest of that list quite honestly gives me the 13/14 banter years fear right now. Obviously I hope to be proven wrong but this first announcement signals just how much of a struggle this season might be unless we can produce a worldie or two on the loan market. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I can't believe that we've retained McLean. Apart from one or two decent performances, he was a disaster (when he wasn't limping off injured). Really odd decision to retain an injury prone, underperformer when the budget is so tight.

I'm surprised that Millar would want to continue playing at this level, given how many errors he made last season. 

I don't rate McGinty either. He was memorable for all the wrong reasons against us, and far from convincing for us as well. 

I'm being realistic about what we're going to be able to bring in, but it's still disappointing. 

Archived