Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Doddie said:

In papers today that the development squad is being axed which would mean Sutton is off unless we give him a player deal 

Does it say why? Saw this on Facebook so seems strange to be investing in youth while dropping the link between that setup and the first team. 

1 hour ago, Doddie said:

In papers today that the development squad is being axed which would mean Sutton is off unless we give him a player deal 

Given the budget will already be looking low I'd be happy for Sutton to be kept on as a player with any kind of coaching role attached to it. Sounds doubtful now though.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

Does it say why? Saw this on Facebook so seems strange to be investing in youth while dropping the link between that setup and the first team. 

Seen posts like this so wondering what is happening with the Youth Academy in general.

Screenshot_20200730-160456_Facebook.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/257952300887006/permalink/4003435766338622/

Then this on twitter which is clear as mud:

I see Scott Gallagher has signed for Arbroath and their website states "him and Derek Gaston will compete for the number 1 jersey".

I would not be surprised if we end up with Darren Jamieson. Not that I know if he's pish or not. 

And yet nothing from the club as usual!

Remember when McKinnon banged on about communication is key etc, any chance of practicing what you breach?

Whats happened the the "weekly update". The last one was 4 weeks ago..

Surely the club are going to do an update today on who's been offered a deal and who's away?

We all know their contracts are up today, are we to assume everyone out of contract is a free agent as of tomorrow if we don't hear anything?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

16 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Surely the club are going to do an update today on who's been offered a deal and who's away?

We all know their contracts are up today, are we to assume everyone out of contract is a free agent as of tomorrow if we don't hear anything?

I doubt it. Given Hopkin is still on furlough (as far as I know anyway), he technically won't be able to decide who he wants to offer terms to and who he wants to release.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

6 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

I doubt it. Given Hopkin is still on furlough (as far as I know anyway), he technically won't be able to decide who he wants to offer terms to and who he wants to release.

Surely he's been brought off furlough by now precisely to make those decisions before today? Otherwise everyone who's out of contract is going to have no idea whether they'll be getting an offer or not, and who decided to release Ramsbottom?

If we've failed to bring him off furlough to contact players about new deals by now, when their deals expire today, then it's gross negligence from the club.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

9 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Surely he's been brought off furlough by now precisely to make those decisions before today? Otherwise everyone who's out of contract is going to have no idea whether they'll be getting an offer or not, and who decided to release Ramsbottom?

If we've failed to bring him off furlough to contact players about new deals by now, when their deals expire today, then it's gross negligence from the club.

I don't think for a second he's sitting in the house flicking between xHamster and Loose Women, he will have contacted the players privately and told them. But if the club give an update then it will be solid proof that Hopkin is in breach of furlough rules. 

You're entirely correct though, the management team should be back from furlough at the moment. 

That Tele article makes Ramsbottom out to be a solid performer. I'm not saying they need to stick the boot in, but they talk about his penalty saves without mentioning his frequent errors.

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

That Tele article makes Ramsbottom out to be a solid performer. I'm not saying they need to stick the boot in, but they talk about his penalty saves without mentioning his frequent errors.

Anyone with access to WyScout will work out quite quickly that he's pish. If the Tele want to run a puff piece on him then good luck to them. 

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I would only keep Sutton if he was still a coach. As much as I like him, he’s only good enough to be an emergency last 20 minutes option for us now. 

Why should we allocate any of our limited resources to keeping a reserve team coach around? 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

26 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Anyone with access to WyScout will work out quite quickly that he's pish. If the Tele want to run a puff piece on him then good luck to them. 

When he was dropped, he was saying that his stats were the best in the country based on number of saves.

Obviously neglecting that all the 'great saves' he palmed straight to an opposition player caused goals.

1 hour ago, Scott said:

This talk of Hopkin still on furlough, surely he either isn’t on furlough now or he can be part time furloughed. Don’t believe for a minute that he’s not working. 

He will be working from home while still on full furlough I reckon. However that means if the club announce anything regarding players' futures, they run the risk of being accused of breaching the furlough rules. 

Archived