Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

51 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53375596

MacKinnon's comments there:

We know the budget isn't finalised yet and if the club get more clarity about when fans could be back in grounds then it could change, but am I reading too much into this by thinking MacKinnon is preparing us for having a massively reduced squad this season?

Cuts are obviously inevitable with fewer games and therefore less income, but reading between the lines here I wonder if we're going to end up with any new signings being gambles on cheap loans while relying heavily on youth players for cover beyond the starting XI.

I think that you are, as 'adding 12 to 14 players' to a core doesn't mean that they will all necessarily come from the existing squad or loans: some obviously will, others probably won't. In any case if you're only playing 27 league games and there's extended scope to loan players as well then you should be running with a significantly smaller squad. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Why?

Could be complete coincidence but Wylde put out a tweet suggesting he’s about to sign for a club and the tele boy liked it. Could mean nothing but similar stuff has happened before! 

2 minutes ago, Scott said:

Could be complete coincidence but Wylde put out a tweet suggesting he’s about to sign for a club and the tele boy liked it. Could mean nothing but similar stuff has happened before! 

Thanks.

Are Clyde rejects going to be the new Brechin rejects? Hope there's no truth to this, and I doubt it since as of Wednesday last week MCT said the club still hadn't finalised the budget for the season anyway.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I reckon he's another heading for a Kelty, East Kilbride or Darvel type club that are launching money around below the SPFL. I mean, we're talking about a 29 year old who has literally only had one good season in his career (in England's League Two), has a reputation built entirely on the fact he came through at Rangers as a youngster, has done nothing of note since and is now a Clyde reject. That's got marquee signing for a non-league club written all over it.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

I reckon he's another heading for a Kelty, East Kilbride or Darvel type club that are launching money around below the SPFL. I mean, we're talking about a 29 year old who has literally only had one good season in his career (in England's League Two), has a reputation built entirely on the fact he came through at Rangers as a youngster, has done nothing of note since and is now a Clyde reject. That's got marquee signing for a non-league club written all over it.

Nailed it 

The transfer window has now officially opened in Scotland, and will remain open for 12 weeks, closing on the 5th of October, some 12 days before we're due to play our first league game of the season.

It's now imperative that Hopkin is taken off furlough to allow him to start putting a team together.

8 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

The transfer window has now officially opened in Scotland, and will remain open for 12 weeks, closing on the 5th of October, some 12 days before we're due to play our first league game of the season.

It's now imperative that Hopkin is taken off furlough to allow him to start putting a team together.

Looking to extend the October loan window for L1 and L2 to also include Championship. So we can make loan signings after the 5th?

I'm sure a furloughed Hopkin will still be orchestrating some dealings anyway but don't disagree.

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Ive no doubt Hopkin will be speaking to players and agents all day every day regardless of being on furlough.

Archived