Championship 20/21 - Page 17 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 20/21

Jamie_M

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Heard weve got more covid worries. Fun times

The SG has just given a bunch of money to football clubs. If clubs keep having outbreaks eventually the SG are going to want the season stopped, surely?

EOho8Pw.png

46 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

The SG has just given a bunch of money to football clubs. If clubs keep having outbreaks eventually the SG are going to want the season stopped, surely?

It depends how bad it gets. I think currently we’re okay, there’s always going to be cases cropping up now and then but so long as it doesn’t get too out of hand. 

This season just needs to be binned. We tried but it's time to call it. And if that means Hearts, Falkirk, Partick and Queens Park all have to stay down for another season that's just an unfortunate coincidence.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

On 1/5/2021 at 5:38 PM, Alibi said:

I'm just waiting for the top division (I'm not going to attempt to name it correctly as I honestly can't remember what it's actually called these days) being abandoned after all the teams contract covid brought back from Dubai by Celtic, who appear to be ignoring social distancing completely while over there.

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Full Championship card on 30th, all rescheduled from Tuesday past.

See also Raith have trumped our Covid outbreak and have asked for a postponement of their game this weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55665249

What is the protocol for this? Do Inverness get a 3-0 win or is it just postponed and played later?  Would rather they fulfilled the fixture as that way a draw is possible, which always suits us as a point goes missing.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

6 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

I dont think they broke any rules so just a postponement.

Saw online that twat Adrian Durham from talksport actually said something sensible. Stick Ceptic into league 2

Let’s be honest though, that’s really not sensible, is it? It’s just attention seeking drivel from a radio station whose purpose is to stoke controversy in order that folk talk about them.

The sort of folk that think it’s funny calling Celtic, “Septic”. A horrendous take from them, and equally horrendous patter from you. Fully merited red dot, this time.

13 hours ago, pink_panther said:

Looking at that link I thought it was a story about Neilson giving Hearts covid.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Even if it were to happen, we'd slip behind Raith Rovers if they did points per game again. 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

On 1/14/2021 at 7:29 PM, pink_panther said:

Read the link.

Decent comment from Neilson and a fair point that grant was given to allow Championship clubs to play and survive this season . Accept this should include taking all necessary steps including regular testing.

Any curtailment won't have any effect on Hearts as they will be awarded promotion so let's make then play all the games and allow their fans the opportunity to deny us their maroon pounds.

2 hours ago, Ton4life said:

Read the link.

Decent comment from Neilson and a fair point that grant was given to allow Championship clubs to play and survive this season . Accept this should include taking all necessary steps including regular testing.

Erm no it wasn't. The SG couldn't give a toss whether Morton or Dundonald Bluebell are kicking a ball around on a Saturday afternoon in the middle of a pandemic. The grant was issued to cover the costs of the pandemic in lost earnings because the SG is interested in 'not having a dozen senior clubs fold during a Holyrood election campaign'. As well as the long-term benefits of keeping clubs operating to the local economy of course.

It is a complete and utter nonsense argument then to claim that clubs are obliged to waste that grant money on endless rounds of testing, to continue playing out a farce of a season behind closed doors. That's just throwing good money after bad for no rational economic benefit.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived